mibi wrote:So here are my outstanding issues.
1. Should there be more than 3 combatants? Should I add another, The Mahdi Army or two more including the PKK (Kurdistan Workers Party). Right now this looks like a great 3 player map. But once you have 4-6 players it becomes more of a fight to control one combatant rather than combatants against each other. An issue to consider is size, added one or two more boxes to each city would cramp it, as well as extra legend copy.
2. Should the neutrals be in standard 1-3-2 format as they are now, or should they reflect the geopolitics on the ground? for example, the Kurds hate the baathists so to ally a kurddish city with the baathists you would need to conquer 3 instead of 1. Also, al-Queda is more popular in Sunni territory so cities in Anbar would only have 1 neutral on they al-queda square. Some bonus and ability balancing would need to be done if this were the case. The Americas would always be 3 or 4 since no one really likes them.
3. How should multiple combatants in the same town work? For example, I don't like the idea of stackable bonus where if you own the US and al-aeda in one city you get a bonus for each, it doesnt make sense. One idea I had was to make a negative bonus of -2 if you own two combatants in the same city. If neutralize this negative bonus, you would have to conquer all the combatants in the city, which would then be +0. Is this even possible in the xml?
1. you wouldn't have the problem of over crampness if you get rid of some groups in places where they were never popular like the baaths in Kurdistan and shia areas. then you could add other groups in its place.
2. i wasn't sure of what the numbers were before but i think it is a great idea. also in al anbar al quida is weakening and is being kicked out my locals.
3. i dont think there should be a negative bonus as much as a decreeing bonus like -1 for each different party you have in a city so that you will still get a bonus but a reduced one.
4. (my own idea) i think to get a continent bonus you should have at least some presence n all of the cities on that contenent