Battle For Iraq! [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Battle For Iraq! [Quenched]

Postby RADAGA on Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 am

And neither the US Army of Mosul can reinforce the city of Mosul. They are sitting ducks.

It might be realistic, but it is not funny.
Private 1st Class RADAGA

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby shaggy5022 on Fri May 01, 2009 9:03 am

excuse me but what about all the other nations that sent and lost soldiers
Corporal 1st Class shaggy5022

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Ogrecrusher on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:14 am

A small point, but the city of Nasiriyah appears to be misspelled on the map as Nasirlyah or NasirIyah, not sure which.
Not a massive deal, but change it if you're ever polishing the map :)
Colonel Ogrecrusher

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Re:

Postby number five on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:58 pm

DiM wrote:
mibi wrote:
DiM wrote:whare's bin laden?

add him on the map and make him worth 100 armies :lol:

PS: i'm not in the mood of extensive analysys but as soon as i get some sleep i'll do it. so far it seems interesting.

I don't know where you've been, but bin Laden is in Afghanistan or Pakistan, but certainly not Iraq.

actually i thnk he's somewhere on the french riviera sipping on a cappuccino and smoking a ciggar reading a newspaper and laughing at the idiots looking for him, but that's another discussion. :roll:

lol
Corporal number five

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2)

Postby denominator on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Winged Cat wrote:
turbotim66 wrote:The thing I find the most frustrating is that it does not tell you anywhere that you can't attack out of the loyelty boxes.

Actually, the current map seems to have a glitch there. The Mahdi Army and al-Qaeda loyalty boxes border their cities, and thus can attack back to them (in addition to being able to attack Mahdi Baghdad sectors or Sunni cities, respectively). The Baathist and US loyalty boxes border nothing. The Rules of Engagement say that the Mahdi Army and al-Qaeda loyalty boxes can attack out of their cities - but this is very easily read as a restatement of their ability to attack Mahdi Baghdad sectors or Sunni cities, not actually back to their own cities. There is also no explanation that the Baathist and US loyalty boxes are one-way traps. (Looking very close, the red arrows on the loyalty boxes seem to suggest that they should all be one-way attacks. This is insufficient and effectively no explanation, IMO, as evidenced by the number of complaints this has generated - and even if that was the intent, this is in direct conflict with the apparently intended meaning of the Rules of Engagement and the XML.)

I would suggest making all city loyalty boxes border (and thus able to attack) their cities, as well as border (and thus able to attack) the other loyalty boxes in a city. If this is not done, I would suggest that the ability of Mahdi Army and al-Qaeda loyalty boxes to attack back to their host cities be removed (except, of course, for al-Qaeda loyalty boxes for Sunni cities), and that text be put on the map legend noting that the city-to-loyalty-box attacks (at least the Baathist and US ones) are one way (again, the red arrows do not suffice as an explanation, if that was their intent).

I've run into this problem as well. There is nowhere on the map that tells you that the Baathists and US Army Loyalty squares cannot attack out - simply that the al-Qaeda and the Mahdi Army can. I don't think that this needs to change, but it should be stated somewhere on the map that if you put a stack on the Baathists (like I did by accident - good ole misdeploy) it's jammed for the remainder of the game.
Lieutenant denominator
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member

Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby Barduski8 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:51 pm

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is a bug but all I know when I was playing CC 6-12 months ago I never had this problem.

I have just started playing CC again after not for a few months. When I'm playing a game and taking my turn I need to log out of the map and then load it back up in the middle of my turn to be able to deploy troops, than to attack, end turn. I have to repeat log out, log back in each time. Please fix this problem I'm having. Thanks.

I'm not sure if it is a problem with this map or if it is a problem with mu account. This problem has also happened on other maps.
Captain Barduski8

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Barduski8 wrote:I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is a bug but all I know when I was playing CC 6-12 months ago I never had this problem.

I have just started playing CC again after not for a few months. When I'm playing a game and taking my turn I need to log out of the map and then load it back up in the middle of my turn to be able to deploy troops, than to attack, end turn. I have to repeat log out, log back in each time. Please fix this problem I'm having. Thanks.

I'm not sure if it is a problem with this map or if it is a problem with mu account. This problem has also happened on other maps.

Well, obviously if it's happened on other maps it's not an Iraqi issue. BOB problem, by the way
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=91386
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby AndyBounce on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:33 am

Similar problem misdeploy on US army in Mosul, and now thats all I have left on current game, cannot attack out or reinforce to another point from there. So every turn I just add more guys to the army there which cant move, and all seems a little pointless. Option should be there to attack city itself or hop on a helicopter out of there.
Sergeant 1st Class AndyBounce

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby MrBenn on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:50 pm

AndyBounce wrote:Option should be [to] hop on a helicopter out of there.

I like it :lol:
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby taco_man1 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:50 pm

shaggy5022 wrote:excuse me but what about all the other nations that sent and lost soldiers

what about them?

The map isn't about UN action, it's about the main force in Iraq. It tries to emulate the real situation, but it's already one of (maybe the most) the most complex maps out there. Even just adding UN forces to some degree would be difficult.

Additionally, a PC complaint doesn't do much without an integrated, considered alternative or addition.

This is a game, not real life.
Corporal 1st Class taco_man1

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby saraith on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:49 am

Ogrecrusher wrote:A small point, but the city of Nasiriyah appears to be misspelled on the map as Nasirlyah or NasirIyah, not sure which.
Not a massive deal, but change it if you're ever polishing the map :)

I just noticed that as well...

It's spelled Nasirlyah on the map image, but Nasiriyah in the XML... It seems that Nasiriyah is the correct spelling
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasiriyah
Corporal 1st Class saraith

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (1)

Postby realitypixie on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 am

I'm glad I read the first page of this thread otherwise I would have had no idea how the city loyalties worked.... I'm sure I would have figured out once I noticed them in the drop down boxes for attacking from a city though... Anyway I think it's a nice well thought out map.
Corporal 1st Class realitypixie

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby stage one on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 pm

DiM wrote:
mibi wrote:
DiM wrote:whare's bin laden?

add him on the map and make him worth 100 armies :lol:

PS: i'm not in the mood of extensive analysys but as soon as i get some sleep i'll do it. so far it seems interesting.

I don't know where you've been, but bin Laden is in Afghanistan or Pakistan, but certainly not Iraq.

actually i thnk he's somewhere on the french riviera sipping on a cappuccino and smoking a ciggar reading a newspaper and laughing at the idiots looking for him, but that's another discussion. :roll:

Nope dead with a bullet in the head :)
Lieutenant stage one

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas