[Official] British Isles REVAMP [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Telvannia on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:06 pm

im finding it a bit hard to see where the continents are could you add a inwards pointing fading out glow to the edges of the continents?

it is 'isle of wight' not 'isle of white' :lol:

Could change cambridge to cams save space.

Odd green pixel west of ireland?

odd white pixels in the orange of the ireland flag.
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:09 pm

Telvannia wrote:im finding it a bit hard to see where the continents are could you add a inwards pointing fading out glow to the edges of the continents?

it is 'isle of wight' not 'isle of white' :lol:

Could change cambridge to cams save space.

Odd green pixel west of ireland?

odd white pixels in the orange of the ireland flag.

will fix them all
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:09 pm

You aren't going to like me for this but there is a lot of dead space at the top and this map seems like it is higher then it needs to be so remove it please.

Like this maybe: Image

Also, right now I like the old map better. Maybe after you make the impassibles pretty.
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:10 pm

TODO LIST:

-XML modification
-Add missing connection between Ireland and wales
-Make unpassables pretty :wink:
-cambridge to cambs.
-Fix odd green and white px
-Spell isle of wight correctly
-Spell Gloucestershire correctly to stop yeti_c being a huffing pain in the arse
-Get moved to main foundry.
Last edited by gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby cena-rules on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:11 pm

spell ireland right
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Telvannia on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:12 pm

gimil wrote:TODO LIST:

-XML modification
-Add missing connection between Ireland and wales
-cambridge to cams
-Fix odd green adn white px
-Spell isle of wight coreectly
-Spell Gloucestershire correctly to stop yeti_c being a huffing pain in the arse

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Don't spell Cambridgeshire cams - spell it Cambs at the very least...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Coleman wrote:You aren't going to like me for this but there is a lot of dead space at the top and this map seems like it is higher then it needs to be so remove it please.

Like this maybe:

***removed image***

Also, right now I like the old map better. Maybe after you make the impassibles pretty.

I can take a little off the top if you like.

I will have the impassables done at some point.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:13 pm

cena-rules wrote:spell ireland right

TYPO smart arse **fixed**

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:14 pm

yeti_c wrote:Don't spell Cambridgeshire cams - spell it Cambs at the very least...

C.

ok will do

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:30 pm

Don't like the flags....AT ALL! Just doesn't look good to me, the idea is original, but the flags just look silly to me.
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:30 pm

TODO LIST:

-XML modification
-Reduce dead space at the top of map
-Begin small version

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:35 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Don't like the flags....AT ALL! Just doesn't look good to me, the idea is original, but the flags just look silly to me.

whats wrong with them? to strong? dont fit your taste?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Nephilim on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:36 pm

i think it looks great, dude

helluva job
Liberté, egalité, cash moné

Hey, Fox News: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo

My heart beats with unconditional love
But beware of the blackness that it's capable of
Major Nephilim

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (11)

Postby khazalid on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:41 pm

ja very nice. make the white on the saltire a little thinner maybe.
turtle dove / why don't ya guide me home
Major khazalid

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas