Conquer Club

Operation Drug War [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Back with a plan (updated first post with draft)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:01 am

Or, with such a crisp 3D image like that, you could have the map be displayed on the screen of some device, perhaps? Though I suppose it may mess up the "Top Secret file" theme you've got going on.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Telvannia on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:40 am

DiM wrote:i'm not too fond of the top right corner curl.
however you do need to make the image look like an actual photo. and this can be easily achieved by giving it a small white margin (optional) and a central curvature

Dont worry the top right curl was literally done by erasing the new image to show the one on the old one, mainly to give it a similar look to the original image, im going to change that when i get round to doing this properly.
As much as i think the photo curl looks good the problem is i have to be careful to make sure the territories all stay in the same place so no army circles move, i will play around with it and see if i can make it work, even it is only a small curl.

Victor Sullivan wrote:Or, with such a crisp 3D image like that, you could have the map be displayed on the screen of some device, perhaps? Though I suppose it may mess up the "Top Secret file" theme you've got going on.

-Sully

sadly as much as i think it would be funny to make it look like a computer screenshot from google maps or something i dont think that can be achieved without moving army circles and i really dont want to go down the route of changing the XML.

Tel
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby ender516 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:07 pm

It is very easy to change the coordinates in the XML using chipv's Map XML Wizard. If you need help with that, give me a shout. I should be able to produce a new XML file which differs from the current one only in the coordinate values and provide a differences summary which should keep the Foundry foreman and the admins happy that no gameplay changes are occurring.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby MrBenn on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:40 am

This conversation could be merged with the original map thread.

(not that I'm telling the mods how to do their work or anything :P )
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Re: Operation Drug War [Quenched]

Postby TaCktiX on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:10 am

MrBenn, if you keep on telling me what to do I will petition Lack to reinstate you as Foreman. :P
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby Telvannia on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Cheers, took me a while to find this :lol:

Could someone update the first post with image a few posts back and change the title to reflect the progress please?

Cheers Tel.
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:23 pm

PM Andy, as he can do it for you.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby zimmah on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:i'm not too fond of the top right corner curl.
however you do need to make the image look like an actual photo. and this can be easily achieved by giving it a small white margin (optional) and a central curvature

Dont worry the top right curl was literally done by erasing the new image to show the one on the old one, mainly to give it a similar look to the original image, im going to change that when i get round to doing this properly.
As much as i think the photo curl looks good the problem is i have to be careful to make sure the territories all stay in the same place so no army circles move, i will play around with it and see if i can make it work, even it is only a small curl.

Victor Sullivan wrote:Or, with such a crisp 3D image like that, you could have the map be displayed on the screen of some device, perhaps? Though I suppose it may mess up the "Top Secret file" theme you've got going on.

-Sully

sadly as much as i think it would be funny to make it look like a computer screenshot from google maps or something i dont think that can be achieved without moving army circles and i really dont want to go down the route of changing the XML.

Tel

i've done the original XML and i don't mind doing an update either if that makes you less limited in the revamp
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 am

The mapmaker has started a dedicated topic to discuss any possible graphical improvement --> viewtopic.php?f=241&t=149887 <--

[Locked]
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Previous

Return to The Atlas