Prohibition Chicago [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby mibi on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:53 pm

What about Bugsy Siegal?
Captain mibi

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5)
General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:04 pm

mibi wrote:What about Bugsy Siegal?

1. This era?
2. What outfit?
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Version 2.

Changes:

1. Colour changes as requested
2. Beginnings of new connectors...note indentations in city blocks for the connections.
3. Altering of Capone Terts.

Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:11 pm

cairnswk wrote:

1. This era?
2. What outfit?

Wiki says he was only an associate....and made more of name for himself in California and Las Vegas, later in 1947?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby mibi on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:17 pm

cairnswk wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

1. This era?
2. What outfit?

Wiki says he was only an associate....and made more of name for himself in California and Las Vegas, later in 1947?

Mickey Cohen was Bugsy's leutentant and back by the Chicago Outfit. Cohen took over after Bugsy was... wacked.
Captain mibi

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5)
General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:50 pm

mibi wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

1. This era?
2. What outfit?

Mickey Cohen was Bugsy's leutentant and back by the Chicago Outfit. Cohen took over after Bugsy was... wacked.

I am reluctant to put him in, because he had more of a Brooklyn connection. However, if you insist, who do we take out to replace him with.
I really don't think he had as big a role in Chicago as the other.
Can you point to your references to convince me, mibi.
Corporal cairnswk

Postby edbeard on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:55 pm

Maybe instead of just the Chicago connection, you make it into the east chicago and west chicago connections.

Right now it is 20 territories. Who the hell is going to hold all of that?

10 and 10 makes sense to me.

10 happens to be the number of grey territories west and east of that road
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:58 pm

edbeard wrote:Maybe instead of just the Chicago connection, you make it into the east chicago and west chicago connections.

Right now it is 20 territories. Who the hell is going to hold all of that?

10 and 10 makes sense to me.

10 happens to be the number of grey territories west and east of that road

Yeah....that works for me edbeard....good suggestion!...providing there is no other objections to it.
Corporal cairnswk

Postby edbeard on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:07 pm

oh. another thing I was thinking about....

what if you held the majority of Leaders for a certain gang and you get a bonus.

Maybe for the chicago mafia it would be quite small +1 since it's only two territories, but that could be something.

you'd need 3 for the purple, 4 for the pinkish etc...
Major edbeard

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:10 pm

edbeard wrote:oh. another thing I was thinking about....

what if you held the majority of Leaders for a certain gang and you get a bonus.

Maybe for the chicago mafia it would be quite small +1 since it's only two territories, but that could be something.

you'd need 3 for the purple, 4 for the pinkish etc...

are you talking about say 2 out of 4 best of + 2 situation?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby edbeard on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:15 pm

well for the northside gang, there are four leaders. if I hold any three of them I get a +2

there are six leaders in the prohibition gang so I hold any four of them to get a +3

You'd need to take those into account when you're calculating the bonus for holding the entire region though.
Major edbeard

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:20 pm

edbeard wrote:well for the northside gang, there are four leaders. if I hold any three of them I get a +2

there are six leaders in the prohibition gang so I hold any four of them to get a +3

You'd need to take those into account when you're calculating the bonus for holding the entire region though.

OK...i understand.
I will consider this, although i alreadfy thought there were enough bonuses with the other situations re the giggle jiuce trucks etc.

and another thing i just thought of....if you only had 3 out of 4 as a bonus, would that amount to disployhalty in the gangs, therefore a bonus would be a whack on the head rather than encourage to gather more associates.

Just a though???!!!
Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:24 am

Version 3.

Changes:
1. Lots of colour changes.
2. Some Streets get pavements (not finished yet)
3. Attack lines (dots) given docking bays.
4. Change of fonts on text
5. Bugsy Siegel added to Ch. Outfit East.

Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:05 am

Version 4....

Changes:
1. Finshed pavements
2. Finished connections between terts and docks
3. Added "suggested" bonuses - up for discussion.

Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Feedback??
Corporal cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas