The New World [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:47 am

Lone.prophet wrote:The dutch landed in new york and no where else i think


your right there
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:58 am

Everyone please listen.

"Please note the following map is not a recreate of genuine history. It is merly based off of historical events which have been tweeked and changed for the purpose of gameplay and balancing"
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:20 am

Right, in our reality the Dutch don't like the French or the British at all and went to South America instead just so they wouldn't have to smell them. :lol:

Also that history buff saying 6 starting areas... We want relatively balanced 8 player games out of this, with 9 starting areas just so they aren't all the same.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:53 am

gimil wrote:Everyone please listen.

"Please note the following map is not a recreate of genuine history. It is merly based off of historical events which have been tweeked and changed for the purpose of gameplay and balancing"


i know i read that part
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:54 am

Coleman wrote:Right, in our reality the Dutch don't like the French or the British at all and went to South America instead just so they wouldn't have to smell them. :lol:




and then the french colonies had a revolutionary war and kicked the british out and made themselves into The United States of Canada


edit: and then the iriquois found a cure for cancer :lol:
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Chirondom on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:58 am

There shouldn't be an apostrophe in homelands.
Corporal 1st Class Chirondom
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:51 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:59 am

gimil wrote:"Please note the following map is not a recreate of genuine history. It is merly based off of historical events which have been tweeked and changed for the purpose of gameplay and balancing"
Last edited by bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:59 am

bryguy wrote:edit: and then the iriquois found a cure for cancer :lol:
Right and they did it to trick the other tribes into joining their 'republic' and send them to 'cure' camps where they were gassed to death so that the Iroquois could take the entire west part of the continent.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:01 am

Coleman wrote:
bryguy wrote:edit: and then the iriquois found a cure for cancer :lol:
Right and they did it to trick the other tribes into joining their 'republic' and send them to 'cure' camps where they were gassed to death so that the Iroquois could take the entire west part of the continent.


yep, and then hitler was born and came in and saved the day, and everybody thanked him and then he got shot while out hunting with The United States of Canada vice president Cheney
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:04 am

Less of the thread jacking . . .

I actually thought there would be something of an update needed from this . . .

i thought wrong . . .
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:06 am

I didn't think it was thread jacking, I am just demonstrating that this isn't our reality. I'm assuming superposition is true and this is an alternate universe to allow for our inconsistencies in quantum theory.

Anyway, there will be extensive gameplay testing but I'm sure it will be hard to comment on gameplay right now since we haven't shown you starting neutrals yet.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:09 am

Coleman wrote:I didn't think it was thread jacking


But i like thread jacking :(

Coleman, the guy who wont let me jack this thread wrote: I am just demonstrating that this isn't our reality. I'm assuming superposition is true and this is an alternate universe to allow for our inconsistencies in quantum theory.


I assume that all the time
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:23 am

We're (well okay I'm, I think gimil's decide on his own what starting neutrals ought to be) open to people suggesting starting neutral values.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:33 am

100 each!!
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:35 am

bryguy wrote:100 each!!
Okay... We're open to people suggesting useful starting neutral values.

Our current thought process is 2's inside natives, with 5 on borders. Europe not fully decided yet. Probably 4 on landing zone, maybe more maybe less.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:38 am

Coleman wrote:We're (well okay I'm, I think gimil's decide on his own what starting neutrals ought to be) open to people suggesting starting neutral values.


thats hurtful, ive not decided, i jsut didnt like your suggestion :D

for a frame of reference colman wanted 10 on ALL the boarders hehe
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:48 am

Coleman wrote:
bryguy wrote:100 each!!
Okay... We're open to people suggesting useful starting neutral values.

Our current thought process is 2's inside natives, with 5 on borders. Europe not fully decided yet. Probably 4 on landing zone, maybe more maybe less.


how about 10 on all borders, and 20 on all the inside ones?
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:56 am

bryguy wrote:
Coleman wrote:
bryguy wrote:100 each!!
Okay... We're open to people suggesting useful starting neutral values.

Our current thought process is 2's inside natives, with 5 on borders. Europe not fully decided yet. Probably 4 on landing zone, maybe more maybe less.


how about 10 on all borders, and 20 on all the inside ones?


bryguy enought with hte stuppid sugestions, wasting my time reading alot of bull . . .
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:59 am

gimil wrote:
bryguy wrote:
Coleman wrote:
bryguy wrote:100 each!!
Okay... We're open to people suggesting useful starting neutral values.

Our current thought process is 2's inside natives, with 5 on borders. Europe not fully decided yet. Probably 4 on landing zone, maybe more maybe less.


how about 10 on all borders, and 20 on all the inside ones?


bryguy enought with hte stuppid sugestions, wasting my time reading alot of bull . . .


well the 10 was a real one


ok how about this, 5 on ports, 4 on borders, and the rest 2 or 3
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:01 pm

4 on borders is too low I think, especially if you end up making ports more as it would discourage people from ever using them. I still say 5-6 for natives, possibly more for Europe since their round 2 count will be higher if they have any manner of luck at all.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:03 pm

Coleman wrote:4 on borders is too low I think, especially if you end up making ports more as it would discourage people from ever using them. I still say 5-6 for natives, possibly more for Europe since their round 2 count will be higher if they have any manner of luck at all.


true
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:04 pm

bryguy wrote:
gimil wrote:
bryguy wrote:
Coleman wrote:
bryguy wrote:100 each!!
Okay... We're open to people suggesting useful starting neutral values.

Our current thought process is 2's inside natives, with 5 on borders. Europe not fully decided yet. Probably 4 on landing zone, maybe more maybe less.


how about 10 on all borders, and 20 on all the inside ones?


bryguy enought with hte stuppid sugestions, wasting my time reading alot of bull . . .


well the 10 was a real one


ok how about this, 5 on ports, 4 on borders, and the rest 2 or 3


The ports need a lower number to encourage people to use them, my thoughts where 3

like i said to coleman having rather large numbers on the boarder makes for boaring gameplay.

Id rather keep this conversation to one side till the next update with proposed starting neutrals on it.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby bryguy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:05 pm

ok
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4647
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Sir. Ricco on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:18 pm

I really like how you did this. It is a really good looking map.
Here a suggestion. Maybe you could have six or eight European countries and that would be were you start. You could only attack the new world and you objective are to conquer your colony and one other.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Captain Sir. Ricco
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Making kingdoms burn and bloodshed start.
Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:22 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:I really like how you did this. It is a really good looking map.
Here a suggestion. Maybe you could have six or eight European countries and that would be were you start. You could only attack the new world and you objective are to conquer your colony and one other.


It essentail means reworking the whole map. (wasting a nights work) and changing the idea coleman is going for. He wants an oppertunity to change history. What if the aztecs suppressed the european colonies?
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Next

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login