The New World [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby owenshooter on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:12 pm

i like it, cool idea... is sacajwea going to be her own bonus territory?-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Coleman wrote:I see something, we need to bump Aztecs 1 up by 1.

I think a drop in Aztec 3 to 3 would be fine to compensate.

Reason is a 10v10 situation pops up if Aztecs homeland rushes for Comanche homeland first turn or vice versa.

We could also bump up that dock... Docks maybe should be 4 anyways. :? Would slow a Mapuches rush for Aztecs or Comanche if we did.

I don't like rushes you know. People should be safe for at least 1 round.

EDIT: Comanche 1 should be 2 not 4.

I rather keep it even. Give me a number of neutrals and ill rework the terrs so that there is a minimum number of neutrals between any two homelands
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Lone.prophet on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:14 pm

uhhh i didnt even see the names behind the territoria maybe make them more clear
Captain Lone.prophet

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Lone.prophet wrote:uhhh i didnt even see the names behind the territoria maybe make them more clear

I plan on redoing these at some point since i personally dont like there blandness atm :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Loving this - not quite sure about the brown - but it might grow on me!!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Chirondom on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:41 pm

In a two player game, couldn't the first player eliminate the other one on his first turn?
Corporal 1st Class Chirondom

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Chirondom wrote:In a two player game, couldn't the first player eliminate the other one on his first turn?

Not likely, with a high number of neutrals to go through. There a few placement unbalanced ive going to fix in the next update.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:46 pm

Chirondom wrote:In a two player game, couldn't the first player eliminate the other one on his first turn?
Not likely. The landing zones are auto deploy, they would each have 3, there is no telling where they would be. They wouldn't have enough territories to place more then 3 on their own. It would be like normal only 2 of the starting zones would be retarded (not getting another 3 to deploy).
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby tim02 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:13 pm

gimil wrote:
Coleman wrote:First, I'm not gay. There was no kissing.

there was lots of kissing . . .

(im not gay either, although coleman was rather tender)

:shock:
Highest/Current
Score: 2900
Colonel tim02

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Still not gay, Version 6

Sergeant Coleman

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:58 pm

Coleman wrote:Still not gay

No one said you where . . .

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby oaktown on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:58 pm

As you have probably already figured out, I'm a fan of the antique map look!

there's a port on the eastern coast of S. America - can it attack the port in eastern canada? Same ocean, but the way the map cuts off it suggests that there is no route.

In looking at the map I'm unclear about the landing areas... which one is which? Maybe this is one of those color blind things. :(
Captain oaktown

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:01 pm

oaktown wrote:As you have probably already figured out, I'm a fan of the antique map look!

there's a port on the eastern coast of S. America - can it attack the port in eastern canada? Same ocean, but the way the map cuts off it suggests that there is no route.

In looking at the map I'm unclear about the landing areas... which one is which? Maybe this is one of those color blind things. :(
Possibly, It should be more obvious in live play. Are the watermark names not visible for you?

Back to the cut off, not sure what to do there, gimil level response required again.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:06 pm

oaktown wrote:there's a port on the eastern coast of S. America - can it attack the port in eastern canada? Same ocean, but the way the map cuts off it suggests that there is no route.

This is an issue ill look into.

oaktown wrote:In looking at the map I'm unclear about the landing areas... which one is which? Maybe this is one of those color blind things. :(

This is a concern, are you confused with all of them oaktown? Or is there jsut paticular one that confuse you?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Chirondom on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:28 pm

Coleman wrote:
Not likely. The landing zones are auto deploy, they would each have 3, there is no telling where they would be. They wouldn't have enough territories to place more then 3 on their own. It would be like normal only 2 of the starting zones would be retarded (not getting another 3 to deploy).
Oh, the European territories can't attack each other?
Corporal 1st Class Chirondom

Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:30 pm

Chirondom wrote:
Coleman wrote:
Oh, the European territories can't attack each other?

nope, i however havent incuded this in legends as of yet

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby oaktown on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Coleman wrote:
oaktown wrote:In looking at the map I'm unclear about the landing areas... which one is which? Maybe this is one of those color blind things. :(
Possibly, It should be more obvious in live play. Are the watermark names not visible for you?

My bad, I didn't even put them together. I see there's no Spanish watermark, but that's the easiest color to distinguish.
Captain oaktown

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:09 pm

oaktown wrote:
Coleman wrote:

My bad, I didn't even put them together. I see there's no Spanish watermark, but that's the easiest color to distinguish.

thats becasue theres no room to wwatermark spain :P

But id like to know which colors concern you visually (without taking watermarks into consideration)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Hmmm - "Landing Zone" is a bit tricky to work out - perhaps some symbols in the territories might work better?

Also "home town" I dislike too - again perhaps some symbols? Like a temple, a teepee etc?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:47 pm

yeti_c wrote:Hmmm - "Landing Zone" is a bit tricky to work out - perhaps some symbols in the territories might work better?

Also "home town" I dislike too - again perhaps some symbols? Like a temple, a teepee etc?

C.

Home land not home town lol

but symbol might work, under the assumption that i get a hold of/draw from scratch desent ones.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:49 pm

6 pages in one day? wow!

Its a pretty cool concept, i like how you are putting these conquest gameplay ideas into actual history. One thing i see is, the legend is hard to read.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:53 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:6 pages in one day? wow!

Its a pretty cool concept, i like how you are putting these conquest gameplay ideas into actual history. One thing i see is, the legend is hard to read.

Legends is far from finalised :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby lanyards on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:57 pm

The text inside the box with Europe that says "The Home Land's of Europe", isn't that incorrect puncuation? Shouldn't it say "The Homelands of Europe"? I don't see why the ' is need in homelands, and I think homelands is one word.

Also, I don't like the equador line too much. It sorta divides the lower part of the map, but it doesn't really matter because it is real faint.

I like the idea, and it seems this map will move through the stages quickly.

--lanyards
Major lanyards

Medals: 102
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:58 pm

lanyards wrote:The text inside the box with Europe that says "The Home Land's of Europe", isn't that incorrect puncuation? Shouldn't it say "The Homelands of Europe"? I don't see why the ' is need in homelands, and I think homelands is one word.

Also, I don't like the equador line too much. It sorta divides the lower part of the map, but it doesn't really matter because it is real faint.

I like the idea, and it seems this map will move through the stages quickly.

--lanyards

Acctuall the equator line feels a little intrusive, ill dull it some more :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:6 pages in one day? wow!

Well, actual history is a stretch as I'm sure Unit_2 or qwert would be quick to point out but thank you.
Sergeant Coleman

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas