Cairnswk, a few things:
1) I really like the map (I actually came back from an *amazing* trip to the Galápagos Islands to find it had been installed - a very pleasant surprise...if anyone wants to see trip pics PM me) and appreciate the countless hours of work you and many others do in creating maps and adding game functionality, which expands the Conquer Club experience for all. So thanks!
2) (And this part isn't really directed at you, but a general statement for "the powers that be" - whoever that may be in this case) CC is just a game. Yes, my single game on this single map is messed up, but I can accept that and move on. However in my case CC is also a paid service. I tend to hold paid services to a higher standard than free sites with respect to expectations of service levels and customer service, and, were this not "just a game" (or if it were a game with financial stakes), I would be raising some serious hell about it. Food for thought.
3) I realize it would be difficult to notify via PM or by posting a message in every current game using this map. However, I also have no idea how frequent this kind of snafu is. If it is infrequent, I think the difficulty of someone (not necessarily you, perhaps mods/admins) making some sort of announcement is justified. If frequent, perhaps CC should make an administrative tool which makes this kind of notification (by map or other attribute) less difficult. At the very least, it might be worth investigating how many games are actually impacted so a determination can be made how much work this would be and what an appropriate response is.
4) I highly doubt my current opponents read the forums for this kind of information. I highly doubt my current opponents read the forums at all. I know that the forums exist enough that I was able to find my way here and write about my problems. Again, food for thought for customer service/communication efforts.
5) On the positive side, I've got an idea for a new map - one where your territories get shuffled every few turns!