Treasures of Galápagos [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby militant on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:00 am

I really like this map, but it is quite confusing, will the -1 be taken away from the snorkel territory or will it just be imposed on bonues and armies received from no. of territorys, and can the luggers attack all over luggers around the map, lastly, isnt reef 5 the best reef to start with because you can attack isabela west immediatly and get a +4 bonus.
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Image
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class militant
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:25 pm
Location: Playing Mafia
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Graphics & Game Play

Postby FreeMan10 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:05 am

Wow Cairns! The graphics have taken a huge leap forward - they're looking great! A couple of minor notes:
--the "L" in San Cristobal is sliced in half by at the edge of the map - give it a gentle kick to the west to fix it.
--Lugger Cristocruz could use a slight nudge west to move it away from the map edge, too.
--If there's any way you can sharpen the descriptive text at the top of the legend, that'd be awesome, the rest of the text is readable - that stuff's a bit fuzzy (to me).
--I really like the critter glow in the legend - looks really good.
--Isabela West text disappears into the continental shelf a bit, maybe move it east or lighten the background a bit.

As far as game play, it looks to me like Reef 1 has a huge advantage
--it's fairly isolated (OK, it's totally isolated...)
--the 1st three territs accessible all come with bonuses
--I'd play for Wolf (4) then Darwin (1) then Lugger Wolwin (3) and have a +8 bonus within a round or two (three with nasty dice :()

Reef 2 looks like an OK starting point
--Marchena (1) is immediately available
--Genovesa (4) and Lugger Pintmar (3) are right at hand, too, but they're going to be hotly contested by the person starting at Reef 3

Reef 3 isn't quite as good as Reef 2
--no matter what you do, you're trapped behind a non-bonus territ
--then you get access to Genovesa (4), Lugger Pintmar (3) or Lugger Genocruz (3)
--you're gonna be fighting with Reef 2 for the first 2 territs.

Reef 4 looks pretty good
--Pinzon (1) to Santa Fe(4), then back to Santiago (1) and Lugger Isiago (3) gets you a good bonus start with minimal player fighting

Reef 5 also looks good
--a run through Isabela Island nets you +10 bonus with two water territs with limited initial resistance from other players
--if your path does get blocked, you can retrench to F3, F2, Fernandia (1) and Lugger Fernela (3) plus holding Isabela West (4)

Reef 6 isn't looking quite so hot...
--F1 to Tortuga (4)
--<F1|Tortuga> to F2 to Lugger Tortisa (3)
--F1 to Floreana (2)

Reef 7 looks to be the worst spot to start from
--SC3 to Lugger Cristocruz (3) is the best shot for a bonus
--SC3 to Santa Cruz (1) is a smaller bonus option with the same distance
--SL3 to SL2 to San Cristobal (4 and 1??) is a pretty good option, but you'll be fighting Reef 8 for the privilege, and he's got a shorter path

Reef 8 is OKish...
--Espanola (1) is handy
--SL5 to San Cristobal (5??) has the battle with Reef 7
--Espanola to Lugger Floreola (3) ? or do you have to go thru SL4 - it's really hard to tell

Sorry, I don't have any advice on fixing/balancing this, I just thought I'd point out what I see and let the gurus help you fix 'em! :D

FreeMan10
User avatar
Private FreeMan10
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:48 pm
Location: On The Road
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:12 pm

militant wrote:I really like this map,
:)

but it is quite confusing,
:cry:

will the -1 be taken away from the snorkel territory or will it just be imposed on bonues and armies received from no. of territorys,
to mix the spice up, be taken away from the reef

and can the luggers attack all over luggers around the map,
yes

lastly, isnt reef 5 the best reef to start with because you can attack isabela west immediatly and get a +4 bonus.
at this point, yes, but i will swap that water with a treasure.

I have to redo the graphics because i lost the .png file from v6. :oops:
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Graphics & Game Play

Postby cairnswk on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:00 pm

FreeMan10 wrote:Sorry, I don't have any advice on fixing/balancing this, I just thought I'd point out what I see and let the gurus help you fix 'em! :D

FreeMan10

Thanks FreeMan10 for analaysing this...i am making several changes based on your effort in the new version 6.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby FreeMan10 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:20 pm

cairnswk wrote:I have to redo the graphics because i lost the .png file from v6. :oops:


That image is gone???? AAAARRRFGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! Did you check your coat pockets, and the back pocket of the jeans you wore last Tuesday? That's usually where I find my lost stuff... Maybe in with the dirty socks?

I really liked that one - hope it's not a major effort to recreate it. It would take me months to get to that point! -10000 Artistic Ability
User avatar
Private FreeMan10
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:48 pm
Location: On The Road
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby yeti_c on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:21 pm

FreeMan10 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:I have to redo the graphics because i lost the .png file from v6. :oops:


That image is gone???? AAAARRRFGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! Did you check your coat pockets, and the back pocket of the jeans you wore last Tuesday? That's usually where I find my lost stuff... Maybe in with the dirty socks?

I really liked that one - hope it's not a major effort to recreate it. It would take me months to get to that point! -10000 Artistic Ability


I suspect - it's simply a regeneration of the image... (Pings are the final product) however - with loads of layers it might be hard to remember which layers/settings he had in each place...

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:34 pm

yeti_c wrote:
FreeMan10 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:I have to redo the graphics because i lost the .png file from v6. :oops:


That image is gone???? AAAARRRFGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! Did you check your coat pockets, and the back pocket of the jeans you wore last Tuesday? That's usually where I find my lost stuff... Maybe in with the dirty socks?

I really liked that one - hope it's not a major effort to recreate it. It would take me months to get to that point! -10000 Artistic Ability


I suspect - it's simply a regeneration of the image... (Pings are the final product) however - with loads of layers it might be hard to remember which layers/settings he had in each place...

C.


No probs guys....there were a few minor changes to linear colour layers for the background and backglows, and a few additions of animals,,,won't take long to recreate... :D :wink:

I lost it becoz i downsized the png file and flattened the layering on the .png file to refresh my signature, and then stupidly saved the flattened reduced version a Version6.png.

Not to worry, these things do happen!
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby FreeMan10 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:44 pm

Whew!

I've lost a few files in my day, and it's never been that simple to recover...

</panic mode>
User avatar
Private FreeMan10
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:48 pm
Location: On The Road
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:27 pm

FreeMan10 wrote:Whew!

I've lost a few files in my day, and it's never been that simple to recover...

</panic mode>


Here is the recovered Version 6...now Version 7.
There is a few small changes....but i think the main elements of V6 are retained.

Image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:33 pm

i can't see the image :(

edit// solved
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Lone.prophet on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:30 am

i really like the looks of this maps

and since when do army numberws loook like that or are they just randoom fontt
Image
Captain Lone.prophet
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:37 pm
Location: Your basement Muahaha
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby militant on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:32 am

Lone.prophet wrote:i really like the looks of this maps

and since when do army numberws loook like that or are they just randoom fontt


I think they were put there to demonstrate how the map would work, rather than be the numbers used.
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Image
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class militant
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:25 pm
Location: Playing Mafia
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Lone.prophet on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:24 am

ok i looked and think that the red is a bit imbalanced cause there you cant bumb into someone getting to a lugger
Image
Captain Lone.prophet
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:37 pm
Location: Your basement Muahaha
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:44 pm

militant wrote:
Lone.prophet wrote:i really like the looks of this maps

and since when do army numberws loook like that or are they just randoom fontt


I think they were put there to demonstrate how the map would work, rather than be the numbers used.


That why they are there! Correctamundo.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:44 pm

DiM wrote:i can't see the image :(

edit// solved


Dim you asked for number on the map...are you going to comment on the gameplay?
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:22 pm

cairnswk wrote:
DiM wrote:i can't see the image :(

edit// solved


Dim you asked for number on the map...are you going to comment on the gameplay?


as soon as i get my head around here i will. probably later this night when i finish my work. it's been a hell of a week with no days off.


edit//
2 quick questions so i have all the data needed for a proper comment:

1. is there a bonus for number of terits? 3 for 9, 4 for 12....
2. the snorkel bonus of -1 is applied just to the snorkel terit or is it a general bonus? i mean if it's general then it is substracted from the total bonus, if it's only on the terit then it applies just to the armies on the snorkel.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:09 pm

DiM wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
DiM wrote:i can't see the image :(

edit// solved


Dim you asked for number on the map...are you going to comment on the gameplay?


as soon as i get my head around here i will. probably later this night when i finish my work. it's been a hell of a week with no days off.


Sorry Dim...don't mean to be pushy, but normally you're in there like Flynn...Errol that is :wink: Hehehehe....


edit//
2 quick questions so i have all the data needed for a proper comment:

1. is there a bonus for number of terits? 3 for 9, 4 for 12....


no i don't think that is necessary, and this map is designed for quick gameplay

2. the snorkel bonus of -1 is applied just to the snorkel terit or is it a general bonus? i mean if it's general then it is substracted from the total bonus, if it's only on the terit then it applies just to the armies on the snorkel.

I think it will apply to the reef tert...that way it would require that anyone wanting to benefit from the combined snorkel bonuses would have to ensure enough troops are forted there to get the bonuses.

What do you think?
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:38 pm

cairnswk wrote:
edit//
2 quick questions so i have all the data needed for a proper comment:

1. is there a bonus for number of terits? 3 for 9, 4 for 12....


no i don't think that is necessary, and this map is designed for quick gameplay


So you mean that the usual - you have 12 territores you get 4 armies per turn doesn't count on this map?

So you are going to override the reinforcements in the XML?

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:32 pm

yeti_c wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
edit//
2 quick questions so i have all the data needed for a proper comment:

1. is there a bonus for number of terits? 3 for 9, 4 for 12....


no i don't think that is necessary, and this map is designed for quick gameplay


So you mean that the usual - you have 12 territores you get 4 armies per turn doesn't count on this map?

So you are going to override the reinforcements in the XML?

C.


Is that possible? Can you advise me on that C.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:58 pm

i will come back later this night with a longer analysis but following your response i see a big problem. a very big one i might add.

so a player starts with 10 armies on the reef and a -1 bonus. he gets nothing for the terit count so when he presses begin turn he gets nothing to deploy and his 10 armies drop to 9. now he has to kill 4 troops on 2 terits to get to a water source and get a bonus. frankly odds are many people will fail this 9v2v2 attack and remain without a bonus. if this happens the game is over for them since they have no troops to deploy and they just have to sit and wait for another player to come and kill them.


a very silly situation would be if all the players have bad dice and end up with 1 troop on the reef and nothing else. it would be a dead game where nobody can do anything. :lol:

so my suggestion for this is to add a bonus for number of terits. this way each player will have 3 troops each turn to afford attacking.


i will return later.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:31 pm

DiM wrote:
so my suggestion for this is to add a bonus for number of terits. this way each player will have 3 troops each turn to afford attacking.


Is not each player going to get three at the begin of each turn to move with regardless of where they are bonus wise, plus the game already gives a bonus for number of terts. :) Slow one, but at least it is a bonus.

While i want this to be a quick play map, i don't want it to be all over in two rounds. most players from what i have seen on most maps only take one tert at a time at the beginning of games.... :) but def awaiting your analysis!
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:08 pm

cairnswk wrote:
DiM wrote:
so my suggestion for this is to add a bonus for number of terits. this way each player will have 3 troops each turn to afford attacking.


Is not each player going to get three at the begin of each turn to move with regardless of where they are bonus wise, plus the game already gives a bonus for number of terts. :) Slow one, but at least it is a bonus.

While i want this to be a quick play map, i don't want it to be all over in two rounds. most players from what i have seen on most maps only take one tert at a time at the beginning of games.... :) but def awaiting your analysis!



you said there will not be a bonus for number of terits you own. this means the players won't get 3 troops each turn. they will just get the -1 on the snorkel.

i'm confused. so is there a bonus for the number of terits you own or there isn't?
Last edited by DiM on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:19 pm

DiM wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
DiM wrote:
so my suggestion for this is to add a bonus for number of terits. this way each player will have 3 troops each turn to afford attacking.


Is not each player going to get three at the begin of each turn to move with regardless of where they are bonus wise, plus the game already gives a bonus for number of terts. :) Slow one, but at least it is a bonus.

While i want this to be a quick play map, i don't want it to be all over in two rounds. most players from what i have seen on most maps only take one tert at a time at the beginning of games.... :) but def awaiting your analysis!



you said there will not be a bonus for number of terits you own. this means the players won't get 3 troops each turn. they will just get the -1 on the snorkel.

i'm confused. so is there a bonus for the number of terits you own or there isn't?


sorry DiM...cross communications....
1. the default +3 for every turn & +1 for every three terts will still apply
2. i thought you were talking about me stipulating bonuses for number of terts - that won't happen. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:45 pm

cairnswk wrote:
DiM wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
DiM wrote:
so my suggestion for this is to add a bonus for number of terits. this way each player will have 3 troops each turn to afford attacking.


Is not each player going to get three at the begin of each turn to move with regardless of where they are bonus wise, plus the game already gives a bonus for number of terts. :) Slow one, but at least it is a bonus.

While i want this to be a quick play map, i don't want it to be all over in two rounds. most players from what i have seen on most maps only take one tert at a time at the beginning of games.... :) but def awaiting your analysis!



you said there will not be a bonus for number of terits you own. this means the players won't get 3 troops each turn. they will just get the -1 on the snorkel.

i'm confused. so is there a bonus for the number of terits you own or there isn't?


sorry DiM...cross communications....
1. the default +3 for every turn & +1 for every three terts will still apply
2. i thought you were talking about me stipulating bonuses for number of terts - that won't happen. :)


ok then all is good. i will post my analysis as soon as i finish some reports as i really need to take a break.
Last edited by DiM on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:48 pm

why do you get -1 for a snorkel?
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Doin' it for da lulz.
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login