edbeard wrote:My problem with the map at the moment is that none of the bonus areas stick out. Perhaps consider colouring the buildings to help players further distinguish between bonus areas without having to read.
edbeard wrote:I'm not quite sure how you can show connections between areas without them, but I'd say the red lines are a bit of an eyesore. They jump out too much for my liking. You need them to be different than your regular paths showing the landscape of the area, but I just don't know how to make them clear without sticking out. Maybe you can think of something.
edbeard wrote:I don't like how those connections move directly into your continent names. It just doesn't look right and might confuse some people.
edbeard wrote:A further reason for colours distinguishing continents is that the areas in the corners could belong to either avenue. Obviously the lower left could only be in Jenkins, but the upper right could be part of Lee or Remembrance.
edbeard wrote:What are the names of the checkered 'hall' areas in each Battalion? Doesn't seem to be space for labels but maybe you can mention this in the legend?
edbeard wrote:The problem with having it the way you have it is that army numbers are going to cover up those flags so no one will see them. There'll be no way to know what is a company and what is a battalion. Furthermore, at the moment you can't tell which is which because you haven't labeled them specifically.
Maybe you should consider using different shaped army circles for the battalions and a different shape for the companies. Diamond and Square. Or, perhaps something more significant to your experience at the citadel. Just remember that shapes can be more important than colour because of colourblind players.
wcaclimbing wrote:Have you tried putting a bit of color onto each country?
cause right now, all of the countries are solid grey.
I think a bit of color, or at least some light texture, might help it look better.
Nothing major, just something to put in place to get rid of the solid grey.
wcaclimbing wrote:EDIT: and maybe some grass-like texture to put over the green in the middle. this map just has a few too many solid color areas for me to like visually.
Like I said before, don't do anything too extreme. Keep it simple, but add a bit of detail. Give the solid areas a bit of life and this will look a lot better.
TaCktiX wrote:Current Discussion Points:
- Should the Parade Deck be split up, or is its heavy connections an attraction for the map? I think maybe splitting it into East Parade Deck and West Parade Deck would work better. Having the big center space is nice, but i think it is a bit too connected. splitting it into East and West might help some.
- Are the Attack Routes nice and apparent?
1.I don't understand how to get to and from the Locker Room. The dotted lines cross over it, but don't really show being able to attack there.
2. Maybe you could extend the dots into the parade deck and put something at the end of them. right now they just sort of go...go...go... stop. with nothing at the end, except for a big space of green. you might be able to make that connection a bit more obvious.
3. other than those two things, i think the connections will be good.
- Are the bonus colors too bright for the map and need to be toned down a little? NO. leave the colors exactly as they are. I like them a lot like this, and I doubt they could be improved.
- Are bonus numbers good right now?
1. I think 1st and 3rd should decrease to 4 bonus each. They are too easy to hold for that big of bonuses.
2. Jenkins, remembrance, and Lee should have bigger bonuses. they all have a lot of territories, they should be worth a bit more.
- Is the hefty amount of interconnection, especially in the Battalion area, a good thing for the map? I think it will work. It will make for some very interesting strategy, because everything can attack so many other places. It will be a fun place to play
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests