[Official] Classic TOUCH-UP [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Classic TOUCH-UP [Quenched]

Postby Ruben Cassar on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:44 am

yeti_c wrote:
Ruben Cassar wrote:Posting again an earlier post which as I expected was completely ignored...

Plenty of posts are getting ignored around here - primarily any where someone said that they like the new map?!

C.

I don't think those are being ignored. They just said they liked the new map and that's all.

No need to give a reply to that kind of post.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:48 am

wicked wrote:Actually I am. The black ones you did were too dark. What I prefer is what I posted. What I'd settle for is something close to that. "Do nothing" should always be an alternative.

Well saying that would've been better than being an arse about it.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby firstholliday on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:49 am

wicked for president!!!
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
Colonel firstholliday

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:51 am

ruben cassar
Come on Qwert don't you see that there is something wrong with this revamp? Or else why would hundreds of people who usually don't give a damn about map making start posting complains? We cannot continue pressing on with the ready made phrase "they should have checked the foundry while the map was being revamped so their opinion does not count".

And please stop making this an issue of map makers vs gamers because it's not...

Ok,i have idea,that Rewamp of these map,be moved to General Discusion,and be stickied,and in that way we will solve first main problem-participiation of people.I belive that these will be best first step to solve problems. ;)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Ruben Cassar on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:55 am

This is the real democratic solution:

Poll on My Games page which states whether you want to revert to the old Classic or not.

The real reason why this is not being considered is because the majority would vote against the new map and the old one would be reinstated.

I just cannot understand why the will of the majority is being ignored and why it all had to boil down to this. The changes were unpopular, one cannot ignore that.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby wicked on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:56 am

yeti_c wrote:
wicked wrote:Actually I am. The black ones you did were too dark. What I prefer is what I posted. What I'd settle for is something close to that. "Do nothing" should always be an alternative.

C.

Don't be so touchy. ;-) I was putting the pic up for comparison purposes.
Major wicked

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby wicked on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:58 am

Ruben Cassar wrote:I just cannot understand why the will of the majority is being ignored and why it all had to boil down to this. The changes were unpopular, one cannot ignore that.

Oh you're far from being ignored. Hasn't everything we've said been a testament to that? There's a lot going on behind the scenes, and I suspect we may hear something (at least an update) tomorrow (or later today depending on your time zone).
Major wicked

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:02 am

wicked wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

Don't be so touchy. ;-) I was putting the pic up for comparison purposes.

Anyway...

I tweaked the ones in North America... that better?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby T7 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:22 am

Thanks for the effort yeti_c, it's great to see someone being so productive and trying to find the *best* answer according to consensus.

But I'm afriad I agree with Wicked - the original dots are superior to all the options on your 'range of dots' post, in my opinion.

Of the dots on your 'range of dots' map, I prefer Australia. Africa and South America are too solid already.

If North America were lighter, that'd be great - but that is essentially what the original dots are.

Like I said, the original dots were fine.

For me, the other big issue is the "neon sign" key on the bottom left of the screen for people who can't work out where South America is... the old one was better.

Just wanted to give you some actual feedback yeti_c. Thanks for putting in the effort, appreciated.
Highest score: 2039 24/6/11 (1910 16/2/10, 1903 6/1/09)
Major T7

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:24 am

T7 wrote:I prefer Australia.

I really liked Aus actually too - although I have a feeling that the army numbers won't stand out well enough against them.

So here's some numbers on the image...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Ruben Cassar on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:33 am

I think that to make a proper comparison we need to have the same army shadows for all the map because it also depends on the continent's colour.

i.e. show us 4 maps each with the 4 different army shadows including armies.

P.S. I have problems reading that 5 in Indonesia.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

General Contribution (1)

Postby T7 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:47 am

Thanks yeti_c. Now that I see it with numbers on it, Australia doesn't work so well - like Ruben said, the grey doesn't show well against it at all.

I think the whole white dot concept is fundamentally flawed.

North America, however, looks great. It's easy to read and it doesn't interfere with the asthetics of the map.

I would settle for North America's dots - and that's coming from a die-hard "bring back the original map" guy.

What does everyone else think?

Thanks again yeti_c.
Highest score: 2039 24/6/11 (1910 16/2/10, 1903 6/1/09)
Major T7

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby firstholliday on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:58 am

N amerika looks good.

the rest does not..
7 firstholliday 3589 (58%) General 128-2 Netherlands
Colonel firstholliday

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:27 am

firstholliday wrote:N amerika looks good.

the rest does not..

agreed i hate the shadow in theback
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 0ojakeo0

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby MajorRT on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:21 am

Yeti, def. darker circles are better....N.A. dots (dark gray) are the best. Can the yellow army numbers be brightened or neoned to stand out from silver and white/neutral?
Colonel MajorRT

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas