Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Mayhem [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby fireedud on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:43 pm

ok, I have 2 questions:

1. why aren't there any power runes on Sanctuary Isle?

2. What made you pick the symbols you currently have for the runes?
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Postby DiM on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:47 pm

fireedud wrote:ok, I have 2 questions:

1. why aren't there any power runes on Sanctuary Isle?

2. What made you pick the symbols you currently have for the runes?

1. because the sanctuary gets his bonus from the blood waters. which apparently i forgot to mention in the legend :lol: it's +1 for every blood water.
humans - sword
troglodytes - rock
ice elementals - ice shard
dark elves - blood bow
orcs - axe
pit fiends - devil's trident
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby fireedud on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:52 pm

ok I get it except, how does life=sword

and how does rage= ax?
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Postby DiM on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:56 pm

fireedud wrote:ok I get it except, how does life=sword

and how does rage= ax?

well first i wanted to put a cross for the humans but then i figured some people might get offended so decided on a paladin sword. and paladin=life

as for the orcish axe well they are pretty enraged when they're swinging their axes in the air and crushing enemy skulls :P

if you can suggest a better name/icon i will change it.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby fireedud on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:22 pm

ok now it makes sense.

But I think you need to do something about the forest = blood bow thing; however, it might work well leaving it be. So basically forget that I said this.

I think the ice shards need to be sharper.
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Postby hecter on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:53 pm

I don't like the blood water territories... Too... Sharp. If you could make the edges a bit softer...
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby DiM on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:09 pm

hecter wrote:I don't like the blood water territories... Too... Sharp. If you could make the edges a bit softer...

what version are you looking at?

they have already been liquefied and blended better. compare latest version with original version
Major DiM

Postby edbeard on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:17 pm

are you going to use some legend space to explain what the Power Runes are. Like you explained resource pairs in the previous versions.

Right now one could think that a Power Rune would be just one of the pair.

I'm sure you've thought about this already but just to be sure.

I didn't see you expressly say this, but the same six castles are going to be where players start and the Sanctuary starts as neutral right?
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby wcaclimbing on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:17 pm

DiM wrote: it's +1 for every blood water.

Wouldn't that be just ridiculously inconvenient and of no use to anyone? Because (unless i am greatly mistaken) every dock on the map can 1-way to the blood waters, taking away your bonuses very easily. So, you put enough armies on there to protect it from attacks, but as soon as you start your turn you get that +1, but all those defending armies get decayed into 1s....

Sounds like its not worth it at all.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Sanctuary

Postby turtleman on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:53 am

DiM I love you! I want to play it now, please say we can play it now? :oops:
You can leave ratings for 100 members!
Cook turtleman

Re: Sanctuary

Postby KoE_Sirius on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:29 am

turtleman wrote:DiM I love you! I want to play it now, please say we can play it now? :oops:

I second that. :)...Nice banner turtleman
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:38 am

edbeard wrote:are you going to use some legend space to explain what the Power Runes are. Like you explained resource pairs in the previous versions.

Right now one could think that a Power Rune would be just one of the pair.

I'm sure you've thought about this already but just to be sure.

I didn't see you expressly say this, but the same six castles are going to be where players start and the Sanctuary starts as neutral right?

a power rune is an icon (sword, ice shard, blood bow, etc) and each of these terits is marked by a blue glowing army shield. well, just like in previous versions a glowing blue army shield is in the legend to show you what a power rune is. and if one thinks a power rune is just one terit, then one would be right as it doesn't say anywhere that you need a pair.
it just says castle+power rune = +2 so each power rune is worth +2

the sanctuary and the six castles are starting points so this map will be for 7 players. notice how they all have the same shield.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:41 am

wcaclimbing wrote:
DiM wrote: it's +1 for every blood water.

Wouldn't that be just ridiculously inconvenient and of no use to anyone? Because (unless i am greatly mistaken) every dock on the map can 1-way to the blood waters, taking away your bonuses very easily. So, you put enough armies on there to protect it from attacks, but as soon as you start your turn you get that +1, but all those defending armies get decayed into 1s....

Sounds like its not worth it at all.

no no. it is a trick because while each blood water can be attacked one way from any port, the sanctuary has direct access to all of them. i will further explain this in the legend once i get to doing it.
Major DiM

Re: Sanctuary

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:43 am

KoE_Sirius wrote:
turtleman wrote:DiM I love you! I want to play it now, please say we can play it now? :oops:

I second that. :)...Nice banner turtleman

guys, chill, no love declarations or people might get the wrong ideas :lol:

i'm glad you like it and hopefully it will be available as soon as possible.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:44 am

could i get a move to the foundry? or at least a stamp? or an advanced idea tag? i mean this map has more posts more views and more updates than some of the maps in the foundry. :roll:

anyway. going to roast me some meat for lunch then i'll work on an update on the legend.
Major DiM

Postby Keredrex on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:34 am

I love the Idea and direction nyou are going with this map......I think the background is TOOO Busy... maybe tone it down a little .... It is hard to read the territs

Also... not sure if you already explained this but ...Castle/Sanctuary = +4..... Does that mean Castle OR Sanctuary or do you need both
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:45 am

Keredrex wrote:I love the Idea and direction nyou are going with this map......I think the background is TOOO Busy... maybe tone it down a little .... It is hard to read the territs

Also... not sure if you already explained this but ...Castle/Sanctuary = +4..... Does that mean Castle OR Sanctuary or do you need both

the background is intended to be busy but i'm working on readability.

as for the castle/sanctuary thing it's easy. the map supports up to 7players. each player will start with a castle or the sanctuary and each castle or sanctuary gives you +4 autodeploy.

the "/" is read as "or"

so castle or sanctuary gives +4
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:37 am

DiM can you a more understandable description of the unique features on the 1st page? After this is coleman doesnt appear today ill move this for you :)

I do have worries about colemans absence :(
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:41 am

gimil wrote:DiM can you a more understandable description of the unique features on the 1st page? After this is coleman doesnt appear today ill move this for you :)

done

as for coleman missing the good news is he isn't. he posted yesterday in the next-gen gamers map.
Major DiM

Postby rebelman on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:05 pm

:oops: :oops: just saw this thread now as I had stopped posting in the foundry / visiting the foundry lately for a combination of reasons irrelevant to this map and thread but now that I'm back (thanks to my prodder) I will give my detailedthoughts on this map shortly just want to read the thread fully first to make sure I'm not going back over old ground.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:21 pm

rebelman wrote::oops: :oops: just saw this thread now as I had stopped posting in the foundry / visiting the foundry lately for a combination of reasons irrelevant to this map and thread but now that I'm back (thanks to my prodder) I will give my detailedthoughts on this map shortly just want to read the thread fully first to make sure I'm not going back over old ground.

will wait patiently. :P
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:36 pm

DiM wrote:
gimil wrote:DiM can you a more understandable description of the unique features on the 1st page? After this is coleman doesnt appear today ill move this for you :)

done

as for coleman missing the good news is he isn't. he posted yesterday in the next-gen gamers map.

oh, lol.

Thats good to know then :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby sanosuke on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:41 pm

as a new player to the Age of Realms maps, I gotta say this looks great. Love the bonuses too. Great job DiM, can't wait to play it.
Sergeant sanosuke

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:43 pm

sanosuke wrote:as a new player to the Age of Realms maps, I gotta say this looks great. Love the bonuses too. Great job DiM, can't wait to play it.

glad you like it. it's always nice to hear words of appreciation :D
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:44 pm

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:

done

oh, lol.

Thats good to know then :)

ok the features are put in the first post. how about a move? :?
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas