Age of Realms: Mayhem [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:
DiM wrote:
Sir. Ricco wrote:humm... I am a huge fan of Age of Magic, but this one doesn't seem to flow right. Also, who ever starts with Aoria I think will have a big advatage.


why? remember the neutral values of each terit will balance the gameplay. so yeah aoria will have a power rune next to it but that power rune will have a bigger neutral army on it.


Yea, thats true. In the last one, I felt like Figye was a little off balance. :wink:
Check my games played list. The last ones are almost all Age of Magic. :D


you mean it was advantaged or disadvantaged?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Sir. Ricco on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:37 pm

disadvantaged
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Captain Sir. Ricco
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Making kingdoms burn and bloodshed start.
Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:39 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:disadvantaged


really? i won many times from fygie. it's main advantage is the openness. it has so many alternatives to expand. it is the only one that has visibility to both entrances to the sanctuary, it has ports on 2 oceans and can reach the third easily via the ice cap. very open.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Neo glow = Bright/strong glow. Half of your boarders look like some fluresent light bulb that you would see outside some brothel in a red light district or night club.

***Deleted Image***
Last edited by gimil on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:43 pm

gimil wrote:Neo glow = Bright/strong glow. Half of your boarders look like some fluresent light bulb that you would see outside some brothel in a red light district or night club.

***Deleted Image***



woo. peep show. :lol:

ok i guess i could make the borders less neon-like.
i assume you're talking about borun sanctuary and xi borders.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:48 pm

DiM wrote:
gimil wrote:Neo glow = Bright/strong glow. Half of your boarders look like some fluresent light bulb that you would see outside some brothel in a red light district or night club.

***delete iamge***



woo. peep show. :lol:

ok i guess i could make the borders less neon-like.
i assume you're talking about borun sanctuary and xi borders.


Exactly, finally progrees:P

I also dont like all the different colors for some of the terr names. Its playing a part in making the map over caotic.

I like the terr names for:

    1.Aeoria
    2.Mua
    3.Ghyr


The rest however i dont like
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:53 pm

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:
gimil wrote:Neo glow = Bright/strong glow. Half of your boarders look like some fluresent light bulb that you would see outside some brothel in a red light district or night club.

***delete iamge***



woo. peep show. :lol:

ok i guess i could make the borders less neon-like.
i assume you're talking about borun sanctuary and xi borders.


Exactly, finally progrees:P

I also dont like all the different colors for some of the terr names. Its playing a part in making the map over caotic.

I like the terr names for:

    1.Aeoria
    2.Mua
    3.Ghyr

The rest however i dont like


hey i never said i'm not willing to change things.

so aoria mua and ghyr are good.

sanctuary stays. i want the red. those are evil lyches surrounded by blood waters.

however dark elves rock golems and pit fiends can be changed. i'll see how.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Ill await an update before further bitching commences :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Shanba on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:14 pm

A random newbie's two cents:

The Elven lands' dark green jars with the neon yellow for the borders which also jars with the blue for the glows of the runes. Similarly, with the rock golems, you have this grey, stonelike texture with these weird fluorescent green lines running across it. Things get lost among this swirling medley of bright glowing things - the runes of both are easy to miss, the river is missable, even the villages and castles are missable.

The dwarves, also, are quite strange. The random orange dashes don't look much like anything, the different shades of green seem to float on top of each other (as does the orange) for no real reason, and, tbh, I don't associate green and orange with dwarves.

The purple, black and white is OK for the sanctuary, but the purple across the ocean is fairly ugly and not really very smooth. Maybe sort of evil tendrils instead? I'm not sure what the sanctuary is meant to look like either, maybe make it more bonelike? The borders too?

These continents also clash with the other three: the human lands, the orcs and the ice golems: these are more sedate, more relaxed, with less going on. The random green specklings on the orcs don't look quite right, but the ice is very pretty and the green specks work well there as well as on the human continent. The water is also very nice, as are the little boats - it occurs to me, though, that if you're going for a chaotic battle feel, maybe some of the boats should be attacking each other? Maybe distinct styles for each species' boat? Actually, that stands for many of the buildings, too: you could make each species look distinct by making their buildings more unique, giving them more of a "dwarf" feel, or an "orc" feel.

Other than that, I'm sure it's awesome :D
Private Shanba
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:06 pm

Postby gimil on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Shanba wrote:A random newbie's two cents:

The Elven lands' dark green jars with the neon yellow for the borders which also jars with the blue for the glows of the runes. Similarly, with the rock golems, you have this grey, stonelike texture with these weird fluorescent green lines running across it. Things get lost among this swirling medley of bright glowing things - the runes of both are easy to miss, the river is missable, even the villages and castles are missable.

The dwarves, also, are quite strange. The random orange dashes don't look much like anything, the different shades of green seem to float on top of each other (as does the orange) for no real reason, and, tbh, I don't associate green and orange with dwarves.

The purple, black and white is OK for the sanctuary, but the purple across the ocean is fairly ugly and not really very smooth. Maybe sort of evil tendrils instead? I'm not sure what the sanctuary is meant to look like either, maybe make it more bonelike? The borders too?

These continents also clash with the other three: the human lands, the orcs and the ice golems: these are more sedate, more relaxed, with less going on. The random green specklings on the orcs don't look quite right, but the ice is very pretty and the green specks work well there as well as on the human continent. The water is also very nice, as are the little boats - it occurs to me, though, that if you're going for a chaotic battle feel, maybe some of the boats should be attacking each other? Maybe distinct styles for each species' boat? Actually, that stands for many of the buildings, too: you could make each species look distinct by making their buildings more unique, giving them more of a "dwarf" feel, or an "orc" feel.

Other than that, I'm sure it's awesome :D


You my dear friend are welcome back to the foundry at any time with comments like this :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:20 pm

Shanba wrote:A random newbie's two cents:

The Elven lands' dark green jars with the neon yellow for the borders which also jars with the blue for the glows of the runes. Similarly, with the rock golems, you have this grey, stonelike texture with these weird fluorescent green lines running across it. Things get lost among this swirling medley of bright glowing things - the runes of both are easy to miss, the river is missable, even the villages and castles are missable.

The dwarves, also, are quite strange. The random orange dashes don't look much like anything, the different shades of green seem to float on top of each other (as does the orange) for no real reason, and, tbh, I don't associate green and orange with dwarves.

The purple, black and white is OK for the sanctuary, but the purple across the ocean is fairly ugly and not really very smooth. Maybe sort of evil tendrils instead? I'm not sure what the sanctuary is meant to look like either, maybe make it more bonelike? The borders too?

These continents also clash with the other three: the human lands, the orcs and the ice golems: these are more sedate, more relaxed, with less going on. The random green specklings on the orcs don't look quite right, but the ice is very pretty and the green specks work well there as well as on the human continent. The water is also very nice, as are the little boats - it occurs to me, though, that if you're going for a chaotic battle feel, maybe some of the boats should be attacking each other? Maybe distinct styles for each species' boat? Actually, that stands for many of the buildings, too: you could make each species look distinct by making their buildings more unique, giving them more of a "dwarf" feel, or an "orc" feel.

Other than that, I'm sure it's awesome :D


the borders and names colours issues you mentioned should be solved int eh image i'll post bellow.

the purple across the ocean is actually blood. as for the tentacles you mentioned i was just thinking the same when i did the borders in version 2. hope you like it.

the fighting boats idea is very nice, although i'm not sure how much detail i can put there. we're talking about a few pixels. so drawing people fighting and canons shooting is impossible.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:27 pm

DiM wrote:sanctuary stays. i want the red. those are evil lyches surrounded by blood waters.


I love the way the borders look like evil tentacles :D
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Doin' it for da lulz.
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:29 pm

V2

changed dwarfs to pit fiends
changed ice golems to ice elementals
changed borders for golems, pit fiends and lyches
changed colours ot the text in the rock gollems, pit fiends and dark elves terits.

i still need to replace the pit fiend rune.

edit// forgot the image:

Image
Last edited by DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:31 pm

DiM wrote:V2

changed dwarfs to pit fiends
changed ice golems to ice elementals
changed borders for golems, pit fiends and lyches
changed colours ot the text in the rock gollems, pit fiends and dark elves terits.



picture?
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Doin' it for da lulz.
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:37 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:
DiM wrote:V2

changed dwarfs to pit fiends
changed ice golems to ice elementals
changed borders for golems, pit fiends and lyches
changed colours ot the text in the rock gollems, pit fiends and dark elves terits.



picture?


edited above. forgot it :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:45 pm

I think the blood water should kinda fade into the regular water. It looks like it just ends....

I really dislike the Rock Golem texture/color. Its too strong and distracting.

I also dislike the dwarf one, it just looks weird.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Doin' it for da lulz.
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby Shanba on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:56 pm

Ok, well that's a really nice update. Kudos. The Elves and the golems look much nicer now. There are bits round the outside border of the golems' territory which look slightly messy, for example round the bottom of Qasr and near Golem Rune 2. Overall, though, the colour scheme is much easier on the eyes, and the golems' borders are really nice, as do the golem/elf territory names.

I'm not as convinced by the sanctuary, though. The bold, simplistic tentacles look odd next to the dark, highly textured provinces. They also don't seem to be coming from anywhere: maybe if you made a new image for the sanctuary/castle itself they could be coming from? I dunno. The big problem is the contrast between the tentacles and the insides of the provinces, anyway.

As for the Dwarves -> Pit fiends thing. I'm not really sure, tbh. Pit fiends have 'pit', bringing images of dark and gloomy, and 'fiends' giving rise to images of evil demons, so dark reds and yellows. I'm still not sold on the floaty orange and green bits, but that could just be me.

Actually, all the borders are a bit messy. Just above Iburi in the fiends' lands it extends into the sea, the border next to Qasr doesn't quite reach the sea, the internal border between Qasr and Wun doesn't quite meet, the border at the north of Yta extends into the river a small way, the Duisch-Aosa border goes over the ice cliff thing kinda messily.

Overall the map is very definitely improved and awesomer. That's not even a word, but hey.
Private Shanba
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:06 pm

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:59 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:I think the blood water should kinda fade into the regular water. It looks like it just ends....

I really dislike the Rock Golem texture/color. Its too strong and distracting.

I also dislike the dwarf one, it just looks weird.


fading of blood water. will do.

textures are supposed to be strong. the hyperbole and emphasis and all that bla bla.

and btw those aren't dwarfs they're pit fiends. the texture suits pit fiends much better.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:06 pm

Shanba wrote:Ok, well that's a really nice update. Kudos. The Elves and the golems look much nicer now. There are bits round the outside border of the golems' territory which look slightly messy, for example round the bottom of Qasr and near Golem Rune 2. Overall, though, the colour scheme is much easier on the eyes, and the golems' borders are really nice, as do the golem/elf territory names.

I'm not as convinced by the sanctuary, though. The bold, simplistic tentacles look odd next to the dark, highly textured provinces. They also don't seem to be coming from anywhere: maybe if you made a new image for the sanctuary/castle itself they could be coming from? I dunno. The big problem is the contrast between the tentacles and the insides of the provinces, anyway.

As for the Dwarves -> Pit fiends thing. I'm not really sure, tbh. Pit fiends have 'pit', bringing images of dark and gloomy, and 'fiends' giving rise to images of evil demons, so dark reds and yellows. I'm still not sold on the floaty orange and green bits, but that could just be me.

Actually, all the borders are a bit messy. Just above Iburi in the fiends' lands it extends into the sea, the border next to Qasr doesn't quite reach the sea, the internal border between Qasr and Wun doesn't quite meet, the border at the north of Yta extends into the river a small way, the Duisch-Aosa border goes over the ice cliff thing kinda messily.

Overall the map is very definitely improved and awesomer. That's not even a word, but hey.


will solve the borders that don't meet fine as well as those that are too long. thanks for pointing it out.

the tentacles aren't simplistic, i added small thingies on them. and they're actually coming from the island. i can't make them come from the sanctuary as they won't be borders anymore. i need to keep the idea of borders.

when i think of pit fiends i think of fire and molten things and evil and stuff. did i mention i think orange is the most evil colour of all? followed closely by pink. so the texture has molten rivers of something and
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby unriggable on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:14 pm

I don't like this, man. The other ones were sane, this is just crazy. There are too many races, colors are batshit out of control, and the rules are way too complicated.
Image
User avatar
Cook unriggable
 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:49 pm
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby Shanba on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:15 pm

DiM wrote:will solve the borders that don't meet fine as well as those that are too long. thanks for pointing it out.

the tentacles aren't simplistic, i added small thingies on them. and they're actually coming from the island. i can't make them come from the sanctuary as they won't be borders anymore. i need to keep the idea of borders.

When I said simplistic, I meant the colours and the textures, not the design itself, which as you say has fiddly branchy bits. They're one shade of pink next to the greys and black of the sanctuary.

I see what you mean about the borders, though.
when i think of pit fiends i think of fire and molten things and evil and stuff. did i mention i think orange is the most evil colour of all? followed closely by pink. so the texture has molten rivers of something and

*lightbulb*

Aha, that makes more sense.

In that case, why not make the orange more concentrated, more riverlike? Maybe pools of lava surrounded by dark, craggy stone? The problem is that the green detracts from the hellish feel - maybe add some scars to the land, some dark, scoured bits, free of vegetation? I dunno...
Private Shanba
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:06 pm

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:21 pm

ignore this post....
its broken...
Last edited by wcaclimbing on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing
 
Posts: 5598
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: In your quantum box....Maybe.
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Ah....
thats a bit better.

The color change for the text helped a lot, along with the border changes.

My new suggestions:
-Make the font for the Ice a less saturated blue, so it matches the ice a bit more.
-Still not happy with the texture for pit fiends and rock golems. The yellow is too harsh in pit fiends and rock golems is too much black-white contrast and it makes it hard to read some of the text.
-the very thick borders on rock golems could be fixed by changing the texture behind it to something a bit smoother.
-that 10 army decay on sanctuary.... How would anyone ever survive on there, if their armies decayed every turn down to nothing?

theres probably more, but thats it for now.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing
 
Posts: 5598
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: In your quantum box....Maybe.
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby a-person1192 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:23 pm

still think the ice runes need to be seperated.
Image
If I was lying wouldn't my pants be on fire?
User avatar
Cook a-person1192
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: It's very dark and I hear laughter...

Postby DiM on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:24 pm

unriggable wrote:I don't like this, man. The other ones were sane, this is just crazy. There are too many races, colors are batshit out of control, and the rules are way too complicated.


there are no races there are 7 players. we pretend they are races just for the sake of the story and for fun.

rules aren't complicated. in fact there are just a few additions to the gameplay. the basic idea is the same.

as for the colours, no comment.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login