[Official] Germany Revamp

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP 10/7 Update Pg. 14 [I, Gp]

Postby pepperonibread on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:08 pm

New update, all official-like this time:

Large:

Image

Small:

Image

Large w/ Army #'s:

Image

Small w/ Army #'s:

Image

Changes (all edits since the update a few months ago):
-Emden is now Bremerhaven.
-The opacity of the coats of arms in the continents has been slightly increased.
-Added mountains between Trier and Mainz so Koblenz is not so oddly shaped.
-Erased the individual territory borders on the minimap.
-We now have a small map =D>
-Moved a few borders and territory names to get some numbers to fit into the small version.

To-do:
-Small map problems?
-Comments?
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP 10/7 Update Pg. 14 [I, Gp]

Postby iancanton on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:53 am

i'd maybe like the water to be a bit more blue and a bit less purple and the emblem of baden-wurttemberg to be slightly more obvious on the small version but, even if u change nothing, it's a great-looking map!

ian. :)
User avatar
Colonel iancanton
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:40 am
Location: europe
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) General Contribution (12)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby ga7 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:12 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed already but just an idea... Why not make the emblems way more proeminent on the bonus map and remove them from the play map? It seems still barely visible and making them more apparent might impair playability, showing them well but only on the bonus map would make more sense IMO.
User avatar
Lieutenant ga7
 
Posts: 5345
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:15 pm
Location: Pit
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6)
Clan Achievement (4)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP 10/7 Update Pg. 14 [I, Gp]

Postby pepperonibread on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:20 pm

iancanton wrote:i'd maybe like the water to be a bit more blue and a bit less purple and the emblem of baden-wurttemberg to be slightly more obvious on the small version but, even if u change nothing, it's a great-looking map!

ian. :)


Ok thanks, I'll work on this stuff a bit more.

ga7 wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed already but just an idea... Why not make the emblems way more proeminent on the bonus map and remove them from the play map? It seems still barely visible and making them more apparent might impair playability, showing them well but only on the bonus map would make more sense IMO.


I may pronounce the coats of arms on the minimap a bit more, I'll see how it looks.
However, I still like the emblems on the map, and I don't think I'll be removing them unless there are enough people in opposition to them.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby gimil on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:03 am

I am thinking pep this one is just about ready for stamping. After you next update it we will see where we are :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby Arachnophobia on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:54 am

may I propose that the army numbers are placed on those round fields so that the background is less influential on readability?
Captain Arachnophobia
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:23 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby Optimus Prime on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:01 pm

I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but you might think of making the contrast between the two yellow continents a little more apparent. They blend together pretty easy at the moment.
User avatar
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 9778
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:33 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby laci_mae on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but you might think of making the contrast between the two yellow continents a little more apparent. They blend together pretty easy at the moment.


I agree that the yellows have the least contrast, and could do with some more.

Laci
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class laci_mae
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Florida
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby pepperonibread on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:21 pm

laci_mae wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but you might think of making the contrast between the two yellow continents a little more apparent. They blend together pretty easy at the moment.


I agree that the yellows have the least contrast, and could do with some more.

Laci


Sounds good - thanks guys.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:22 am

Anymore news Pep?

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby pepperonibread on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Not til at least Thanksgiving weekend.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby edbeard on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm bumping this up because we're at the time pep thinks he might be able to work on this so we should try to give him comments to help him finish this


I personally have no problems with the graphics sooooooooo yeeeaaaaaa.



well actually maybe put those mountains right at the edge of those borders (even hiding the outside borders). each range seemingly leaves a slight gap which just looks kinda weird.


possibly put a glow on some of the legend text which is black text crossing over black borders. Sachsen-Thuringen and Baden-Wuritemberg are the "problem areas". I can't totally tell what they say but I'm not sure how much that matters.


Like I said I'd be fine with a graphics stamp but these are a couple possible improvements.
User avatar
Major edbeard
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby pepperonibread on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:44 pm

New update - yall miss me? :D

Large:

Image

Small:

Image

Large w/ Army #'s:

Image

Small w/ Army #'s:

Image

Changes:
-Made the arms on the minimap a bit more prominent - and on the cont. Baden-Wurttemberg as well.
-Increased the color difference between Baden-Wurttemberg and Bayern.
-Made some text on the minimap a bit easier to read.
-Pushed the mountain range next to Trier closer to the map's edge.
-Played around with the sea color, it ended up being about the same when I finished though. I'll keep working with it.

To-do:
-Small map problems?
-Comments?
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP Update w/ Small Map Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby edbeard on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:48 pm

quoted for the new page


pepperonibread wrote:New update - yall miss me? :D

Large:

Image

Small:

Image

Large w/ Army #'s:

Image

Small w/ Army #'s:

Image

Changes:
-Made the arms on the minimap a bit more prominent - and on the cont. Baden-Wurttemberg as well.
-Increased the color difference between Baden-Wurttemberg and Bayern.
-Made some text on the minimap a bit easier to read.
-Pushed the mountain range next to Trier closer to the map's edge.
-Played around with the sea color, it ended up being about the same when I finished though. I'll keep working with it.

To-do:
-Small map problems?
-Comments?

I don't see any problems. let's get this thing done before the year is up!
User avatar
Major edbeard
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POW! NEW UPDATE! Pg. 15 [I, Gp]

Postby gimil on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:14 pm

On the small I have a problem reading some terr names. To be honest I think the small is needlessly small and cramped couldn't you bump up the size a good bit?

This is the only issue I have to stamping this REVAMP.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login