[Official] Germany Revamp

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby pepperonibread on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Thanks dan. Seems like we've made it to some sort of understanding ;)
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby Gamefreakguy on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:25 pm

I agree with those that were of the opinion that there are better ways to represent the colors of Germany than making 3 sets of similarly colored regions... it's just not a good idea. If they were shifted around like the other version of the map that Bruce posted, it would be acceptable.
Image
"Never let your fear decide your fate."
"He who controls others may be powerful but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." Lao Tzu
User avatar
Colonel Gamefreakguy
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:11 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (6)
Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (4)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby jghost7 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:20 pm

tyche73 wrote:
Click image to enlarge.
image


i posted this to show what i mean about about not clear
i hope this helps to solve the issue

please note green 5 up north and yellow 7 on nurnberg just as examples because they actually effected my next move



Wow, thats how it looks on mine...
;)

wish i would have thought of that...
saves some explaining doesnt it...

I cant see any of the borders up top....
;)

Cant wait to see the next edition...

Thanks for listening pep,
J
User avatar
Major jghost7
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:52 am
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby sully800 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:14 pm

I can see the borders perfectly in that screen capture as I can on my own games. I reiterate this point because it really puzzles me that people cannot see the lines at all in the dark region, when on my screen they are as clear as any of the other borders. #-o You guys must have some wacky contrast on your monitors or it is indeed a form of color blindness. Nonetheless, it causes a real (and repeatable) problem on the map.
User avatar
Major sully800
 
Posts: 4999
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:45 pm
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 pm

sully800 wrote:I can see the borders perfectly in that screen capture as I can on my own games. I reiterate this point because it really puzzles me that people cannot see the lines at all in the dark region, when on my screen they are as clear as any of the other borders. #-o You guys must have some wacky contrast on your monitors or it is indeed a form of color blindness. Nonetheless, it causes a real (and repeatable) problem on the map.

Yeah I'm with sully; I don't see any issue with that screen shot :?
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby pepperonibread on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:00 pm

If someone's screen settings are screwed up somehow, you shouldn't be able to show it in a screenshot. Because the pixel data each computer gets and sends is the same, only a screen with bad settings would display the image differently.
So the screen cap doesn't help unfortunately. A person having problems would have to record whatever their settings are and post it so we can get an idea of the problem. But if you can do that, then you should be able to adjust your own settings anyway...
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby pepperonibread on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Gamefreakguy wrote:I agree with those that were of the opinion that there are better ways to represent the colors of Germany than making 3 sets of similarly colored regions... it's just not a good idea. If they were shifted around like the other version of the map that Bruce posted, it would be acceptable.


I'm going to try to accentuate the differences between the similar colored continents first, however if the bonuses are still not clear you suggestion is my other option.
Thanks for your comments.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby tyche73 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:28 am

the.killing.44 wrote:
sully800 wrote:I can see the borders perfectly in that screen capture as I can on my own games. I reiterate this point because it really puzzles me that people cannot see the lines at all in the dark region, when on my screen they are as clear as any of the other borders. #-o You guys must have some wacky contrast on your monitors or it is indeed a form of color blindness. Nonetheless, it causes a real (and repeatable) problem on the map.

Yeah I'm with sully; I don't see any issue with that screen shot :?



Sully and killing i didn't post because i like the sound of my own voice.
I posted because i can't read it clearly, i have trouble seeing nearly all of yellows terry's
and the darker colours in the black area.
It wouldn't bother only for the fact that i like the map, had it been a map i would only play now and then i wouldn't waste my time posting.
I really liked the version that you got rid of, i appreciate that pepper has spent alot of time doing this one and the map i liked isn't coming back.
So rather than throwing myself on the floor and kicking my hands and legs, i'm putting my concerns in this forum
only to have it repeatly stated, ''i don't see the problem'',''it's crystal clear'', ''colour blind'' ,''bad monitor''........
So what's my alternative??? maybe just move on, play other maps i can read,and maybe in clan wars with the random maps coming up just hope i don't get unlucky???
Image
User avatar
Colonel tyche73
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: cork ireland
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:46 am

A minor point. The "Z" in Ziweche looks a LOT like an "E". Rather confusing to those of us in "later years" ;)
Sergeant PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby pepperonibread on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:07 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:A minor point. The "Z" in Ziweche looks a LOT like an "E". Rather confusing to those of us in "later years" ;)


Alright thanks. I'll erase the middle line in the next update (if I don't just change the font).
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby pepperonibread on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:40 pm

tyche73 wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:
sully800 wrote:I can see the borders perfectly in that screen capture as I can on my own games. I reiterate this point because it really puzzles me that people cannot see the lines at all in the dark region, when on my screen they are as clear as any of the other borders. #-o You guys must have some wacky contrast on your monitors or it is indeed a form of color blindness. Nonetheless, it causes a real (and repeatable) problem on the map.

Yeah I'm with sully; I don't see any issue with that screen shot :?



Sully and killing i didn't post because i like the sound of my own voice.
I posted because i can't read it clearly, i have trouble seeing nearly all of yellows terry's
and the darker colours in the black area.
It wouldn't bother only for the fact that i like the map, had it been a map i would only play now and then i wouldn't waste my time posting.
I really liked the version that you got rid of, i appreciate that pepper has spent alot of time doing this one and the map i liked isn't coming back.
So rather than throwing myself on the floor and kicking my hands and legs, i'm putting my concerns in this forum
only to have it repeatly stated, ''i don't see the problem'',''it's crystal clear'', ''colour blind'' ,''bad monitor''........
So what's my alternative??? maybe just move on, play other maps i can read,and maybe in clan wars with the random maps coming up just hope i don't get unlucky???


I think we're just trying to figure out the source of the visibility problem. It'll be easier to fix if we know if it's a vision issue, or a monitor problem, or whatever else. In any case, I'll try to resolve it as mush as possible in the next update.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby RjBeals on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:53 pm

take s digital picture (with the flash off) of your monitor, then post it here. There's no other way.
Image
User avatar
Private RjBeals
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby MrBenn on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:16 pm

The issue of visibility and legibility are important. As far as I can tell, the amendments that are now being mooted are:
1. Some form of circles/patches to assist reading of army numbers
2. Slight alteration of region colours
3. Possible change of typeface to assist legibility

Thanks to everybody for raising your concerns, and your patience - the attitude of pepperonibread indicates that where concerns are legitimate and non-subjective, they will be addressed appropriately.
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7059
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby pepperonibread on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:12 pm

MrBenn wrote:The issue of visibility and legibility are important. As far as I can tell, the amendments that are now being mooted are:
1. Some form of circles/patches to assist reading of army numbers
2. Slight alteration of region colours
3. Possible change of typeface to assist legibility

Thanks to everybody for raising your concerns, and your patience - the attitude of pepperonibread indicates that where concerns are legitimate and non-subjective, they will be addressed appropriately.


That basically sums it up I think. I'll try to get working on this asap.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The Former Confederacy
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby Viper3910 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Can you please keep the original Germany map for those PREMIUM users who like it.
I don't like the revamp at all and won't be playing it.

Thank you.
User avatar
Lieutenant Viper3910
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:42 pm
Location: Closer than you know...
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GoranZ and 2 guests

Login