[Official] Germany Revamp

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official] Germany REVAMP - POST CONCERNS HERE

Postby pepperonibread on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Thanks dan. Seems like we've made it to some sort of understanding ;)
Corporal 1st Class pepperonibread

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (3)

Postby Gamefreakguy on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:25 pm

I agree with those that were of the opinion that there are better ways to represent the colors of Germany than making 3 sets of similarly colored regions... it's just not a good idea. If they were shifted around like the other version of the map that Bruce posted, it would be acceptable.
"Never let your fear decide your fate."
"He who controls others may be powerful but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." Lao Tzu
Colonel Gamefreakguy

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (6)
Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (4)

Postby jghost7 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:20 pm

tyche73 wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

i posted this to show what i mean about about not clear
i hope this helps to solve the issue

please note green 5 up north and yellow 7 on nurnberg just as examples because they actually effected my next move

Wow, thats how it looks on mine...
;)

wish i would have thought of that...
saves some explaining doesnt it...

I cant see any of the borders up top....
;)

Cant wait to see the next edition...

Thanks for listening pep,
J
Major jghost7

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby sully800 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:14 pm

I can see the borders perfectly in that screen capture as I can on my own games. I reiterate this point because it really puzzles me that people cannot see the lines at all in the dark region, when on my screen they are as clear as any of the other borders. #-o You guys must have some wacky contrast on your monitors or it is indeed a form of color blindness. Nonetheless, it causes a real (and repeatable) problem on the map.
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 pm

sully800 wrote:I can see the borders perfectly in that screen capture as I can on my own games. I reiterate this point because it really puzzles me that people cannot see the lines at all in the dark region, when on my screen they are as clear as any of the other borders. #-o You guys must have some wacky contrast on your monitors or it is indeed a form of color blindness. Nonetheless, it causes a real (and repeatable) problem on the map.

Yeah I'm with sully; I don't see any issue with that screen shot :?
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby pepperonibread on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:00 pm

If someone's screen settings are screwed up somehow, you shouldn't be able to show it in a screenshot. Because the pixel data each computer gets and sends is the same, only a screen with bad settings would display the image differently.
So the screen cap doesn't help unfortunately. A person having problems would have to record whatever their settings are and post it so we can get an idea of the problem. But if you can do that, then you should be able to adjust your own settings anyway...

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby pepperonibread on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Gamefreakguy wrote:I agree with those that were of the opinion that there are better ways to represent the colors of Germany than making 3 sets of similarly colored regions... it's just not a good idea. If they were shifted around like the other version of the map that Bruce posted, it would be acceptable.

I'm going to try to accentuate the differences between the similar colored continents first, however if the bonuses are still not clear you suggestion is my other option.
Thanks for your comments.

Postby tyche73 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:28 am

the.killing.44 wrote:
sully800 wrote:I can see the borders perfectly in that screen capture as I can on my own games. I reiterate this point because it really puzzles me that people cannot see the lines at all in the dark region, when on my screen they are as clear as any of the other borders. #-o You guys must have some wacky contrast on your monitors or it is indeed a form of color blindness. Nonetheless, it causes a real (and repeatable) problem on the map.

Sully and killing i didn't post because i like the sound of my own voice.
I posted because i can't read it clearly, i have trouble seeing nearly all of yellows terry's
and the darker colours in the black area.
It wouldn't bother only for the fact that i like the map, had it been a map i would only play now and then i wouldn't waste my time posting.
I really liked the version that you got rid of, i appreciate that pepper has spent alot of time doing this one and the map i liked isn't coming back.
So rather than throwing myself on the floor and kicking my hands and legs, i'm putting my concerns in this forum
only to have it repeatly stated, ''i don't see the problem'',''it's crystal clear'', ''colour blind'' ,''bad monitor''........
So what's my alternative??? maybe just move on, play other maps i can read,and maybe in clan wars with the random maps coming up just hope i don't get unlucky???
Colonel tyche73

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:46 am

A minor point. The "Z" in Ziweche looks a LOT like an "E". Rather confusing to those of us in "later years" ;)
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby pepperonibread on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:07 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:A minor point. The "Z" in Ziweche looks a LOT like an "E". Rather confusing to those of us in "later years" ;)

Alright thanks. I'll erase the middle line in the next update (if I don't just change the font).

Postby pepperonibread on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:40 pm

tyche73 wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:

Sully and killing i didn't post because i like the sound of my own voice.
I posted because i can't read it clearly, i have trouble seeing nearly all of yellows terry's
and the darker colours in the black area.
It wouldn't bother only for the fact that i like the map, had it been a map i would only play now and then i wouldn't waste my time posting.
I really liked the version that you got rid of, i appreciate that pepper has spent alot of time doing this one and the map i liked isn't coming back.
So rather than throwing myself on the floor and kicking my hands and legs, i'm putting my concerns in this forum
only to have it repeatly stated, ''i don't see the problem'',''it's crystal clear'', ''colour blind'' ,''bad monitor''........
So what's my alternative??? maybe just move on, play other maps i can read,and maybe in clan wars with the random maps coming up just hope i don't get unlucky???

I think we're just trying to figure out the source of the visibility problem. It'll be easier to fix if we know if it's a vision issue, or a monitor problem, or whatever else. In any case, I'll try to resolve it as mush as possible in the next update.

Postby RjBeals on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:53 pm

take s digital picture (with the flash off) of your monitor, then post it here. There's no other way.
Private RjBeals

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Postby MrBenn on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:16 pm

The issue of visibility and legibility are important. As far as I can tell, the amendments that are now being mooted are:
1. Some form of circles/patches to assist reading of army numbers
2. Slight alteration of region colours
3. Possible change of typeface to assist legibility

Thanks to everybody for raising your concerns, and your patience - the attitude of pepperonibread indicates that where concerns are legitimate and non-subjective, they will be addressed appropriately.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby pepperonibread on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:12 pm

MrBenn wrote:The issue of visibility and legibility are important. As far as I can tell, the amendments that are now being mooted are:
1. Some form of circles/patches to assist reading of army numbers
2. Slight alteration of region colours
3. Possible change of typeface to assist legibility

Thanks to everybody for raising your concerns, and your patience - the attitude of pepperonibread indicates that where concerns are legitimate and non-subjective, they will be addressed appropriately.

That basically sums it up I think. I'll try to get working on this asap.

Postby Viper3910 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Can you please keep the original Germany map for those PREMIUM users who like it.
I don't like the revamp at all and won't be playing it.

Thank you.
Lieutenant Viper3910

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas