Sydney Metro [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:44 am

YEAH, its back.
Keep up the good work,
dont tell the shire people though.
It's your turn...................................
User avatar
Lieutenant LLLUUUKKKEEE
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Trying to stay out of Join a Tournament forum
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby cairnswk on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:56 am

LLLUUUKKKEEE wrote:YEAH, its back.
Keep up the good work,
dont tell the shire people though.


HEhehehehe! maybe i will re-work that yet.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby LLLUUUKKKEEE on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:12 am

Why?
Nothing better then seeing them left out.

I do beleive its big enough. It would be to hard to include all of sydney, Im just glad you got where i live - Revesby.
It's your turn...................................
User avatar
Lieutenant LLLUUUKKKEEE
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:07 am
Location: Trying to stay out of Join a Tournament forum
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby cairnswk on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:30 am

LLLUUUKKKEEE wrote:Why?
Nothing better then seeing them left out.

I do beleive its big enough. It would be to hard to include all of sydney, Im just glad you got where i live - Revesby.


Oh sorry...i was thinking that i might re-work the shire "continent" areas, that's all.

Of course there is another larger map that can be done of the Blue Mtns etc to inclulde the Hawkesbury and Warragamba Dam, i think it would make great gameplay, but that is for another day.

This is Sydney metro. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby cairnswk on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:32 am

BTW....if you've got some aussie mates, drag them in here to vote for support to get this going....we don't have as much interest as New York with the US population on this CC site. ;)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby onbekende on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:46 am

good thing I kept the bonus excel sheet from Sydney 2000 :D

Bonusses:
Parramatta: 5 terr, 2 def/att, 3 cont => Bonus of 3 (2 is indeed better, keep it at 2)
Ryde: 5 terr, 3 def/att, 3 cont => Bonus of 4 (3 is indeed good enough)
Warringah: 5 terr, 2 def/att, 2 cont => Bonus of 3 (2 is more then fine)

now I want to make a note, if you hold the above 3 with 2 territories to defend (Auburn and Opera House) you get alot of army's!! (6 from 18 terr + 7 from bonusses => 12 army's!!!!)
Perhaps an extra attack route is needed from the south to the north? I have no sggestion thou.

Auburn: 5 terr, 4 def/att, 3 cont => Bonus of 4 (3 is well, as 4 would make the above continent set too powerfull)
Inner West: 4 terr, 2 def/att, 2 cont => Bonus of 3 (Perhaps a bonus of 2 is better now, only 2 to defence and easely enough taken continent if you got already 2 terr)
Sydney City: 3 terr, 3 def/att, 7 cont => Bonus of 4 (Make it 3, unless something is done about the upper continent strip)
Waverly: 3 terr, 2 def/att, 2 cont => Bonus of 2 (agreed!)
Bankstown: 4 terr, 4 def/att, 3 cont => Bonus of 4 (I tend to agree with 4)
Cantebury: 6 terr, 5 def/att, 6 cont => Bonus of 6 (5 is good)
Marrickville: 3 terr, 3 def/att, 4 cont => Bonus of 3 (agreed)
Randwick: 5 terr, 3 def/att, 4 cont => Bonus of 4 (3 is good enough)
Rockdale: 4 terr, 3 def/att, 4 cont => Bonus of 4 (3 is more then enough)
Hurstville: 4 terr, 4 def/att, 3 cont => Bonus of 4 (Make it 3, continent will be taken together with Bankstown to turtle)

My bonus analysis


Continents:
Parramatta:
- Move the army shade of Dundas Vallay a bit to the north

Ryde:
- You can complete the name of "Nth Sydney" to North Sydney I believe

Warringah:
- Think about merging Taronga Zoo and Balmoral, isn't needed but will help viewability and gameplay I believe

Auburn:
- Move "Auburn" to the right :D

Inner West:
- I believe switching the name and amry shade ot Drummoyne will add to the viewability of the map
- Concord seems to be messed up on he first letter

Sydney City:
- Think agout removing the traffic lights from the City <=> Opera House crossing, same goes for the other inner-City crossing

Waverly:
- Drop both army shade and name of Vaucluse to the south a bit

Bankstown:
No comments

Cantebury:
No comments

Marrickville:
- space out the army shande and name of Tempe a bit

Randwick:
No comments

Rockdale:
- whats the full name of "KS It'l Airport" and perhaps drop the International?

Hurstville:
No comments




General comments:
Smoothen out the line around the Bonusses place and the map, specifically at the Auburn <=> Parramatta crossing and at the "Ryde" bonus legend
What is that white at the back of the bonus legend?
Make the Pedestrian Crossing with normal gaps (thus showing the color of the below texture) instead of the color of Randwick continent
Spce te ferry line between Opera House <=> Manly a bit to the north when it passes Vaucluse, people might thing its attackable



my concerns for now
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class onbekende
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:19 am
Location: Belgium
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby cairnswk on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks onbekende....this is current version 3...i'll attend to your changes later thanks.

Image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby onbekende on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:12 pm

you asked for themm he :D
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class onbekende
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:19 am
Location: Belgium
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby gimil on Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:26 am

Image

See ya ;)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby Sir. Ricco on Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:49 pm

I like it so far the colors blend very well. Not so blinding as some maps. I like how you put a lot of defensive points in.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Captain Sir. Ricco
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Making kingdoms burn and bloodshed start.
Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby cairnswk on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:14 pm

gimil wrote:Image

See ya ;)


Thanks Gimil. Can you pull the poll please when you have a mo. :) Thanks
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby cairnswk on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:18 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:I like it so far the colors blend very well. Not so blinding as some maps. I like how you put a lot of defensive points in.

Thanks Sir Ricco...yeh, i,think the colours are good also. Vibrant reflecting a large metro city, but not too in your face. Glad you like so far.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby gimil on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Interested in a classic style map for Sydney in Australia?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:43 am

Yes
11
39%

Yes - With some graphic/gameplay touch-ups
14
50%

No
3
10%

Other - please explain in the thread
0
No votes


Total votes : 28
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby cairnswk on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:05 am

^^^^^ Thanks Gimil ^^^^
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby Sir. Ricco on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Ok, here some things I just like to bring up

1. Do you really need those Stop lights? They kind of crowd the map

2. I like how you made a lot of defensives points in the map. :P

3. The ferry routes are just a little confusing. I get them, but I can see them becoming a problem to the...*Amen* noobs.

4. Inner West I think should be knocked down to 2 bonuses. With only two ways to get into it, it would be pretty easies to defend.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Captain Sir. Ricco
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Making kingdoms burn and bloodshed start.
Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) - New additions

Postby RjBeals on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:51 am

cairnswk wrote:Image


Fantastic work cairnswk. I love the map. Another beauty. And no gimmicks !!

Couple of picky things -

1) The color bars where the bonus region names are along the left side - could you extend the right side of those bars so they fall underneath the bolder legend border? I also see something between those color bars bleeding through - not sure what it is though.

2) The water routes are a little confusing. since they are so close and all lead to opera house, they get jumbled up around there. What about lines instead of dots - like beveled/flowing lines?

3) I like the traffic lights. Keep them. But I think the road crossings could be a little better than current. Maybe make them slanted instead of horizontal?

4) Your territory font is perfect. What did you use anyway? I love it. Perfect size, perfect amount of drop shadow - well done.

5) Colors are perfect as well.
Image
User avatar
Private RjBeals
 
Posts: 2504
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby gimil on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:03 am

I agree with everything RJ says except I think the terr names could use the slightest bit of transparency.

Also the Olympic Park is missing a drop shadow.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby bryguy on Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:16 am

u cant see the upper left corner of the 'H' in opera house cause the stop sign is on it, could u modify that so that u can?

some peoplemight thing that since the army circle is on the other side of a dotted line from the title of KS It'l Airport that it is part of another territory (just felt like pointing that out, it would probably not be that big a problem)

other than that the map looks great except for all the feiry lines converging on one spot (gets a little confusing)

keep up the good work cairns :D
Corporal bryguy
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:50 am
Location: Lost in a Jigsaw
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby FreeMan10 on Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Hey Cairns-

Looking pretty spiffy!

A couple of graphical notes-

1) the Balmoral/Taronga Zoo border runs over the 2nd A in Taronga.

2) I agree with RjB's note about the color bars for the legend - there seems to be uneven spacing between them, and some sort of white vertical stripe shows through on the right side of the bars.

3) Ryde's legend bar doesn't seem to merge well with the brown border.

4) the legend border at Parramatta overruns the text for Auburn

5) it seems odd that the legend has a brown border around the outside of it, while the rest of the actual map doesn't have any border at all. I'd say keep the brown line as a separator, but remove it from the outside border. That'll give you a few more pixels for the actual map.

6) It might make more sense to hyphenate Cen-tenn-i-al than Cent-enn-ial. Then again, that's coming from one who doesn't speak the Queen's English, so opinions may differ... :)

7) Maybe take the extra few pixels from #5 and stretch the Opera House/Centennial Park area to give yourself a smidge of breathing room there.

FreeMan
User avatar
Private FreeMan10
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:48 pm
Location: On The Road
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby greenoaks on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:59 pm

would Centen-nial fit ?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby RjBeals on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:27 pm

FreeMan10 wrote:5) it seems odd that the legend has a brown border around the outside of it, while the rest of the actual map doesn't have any border at all. I'd say keep the brown line as a separator, but remove it from the outside border. That'll give you a few more pixels for the actual map.


Disagree. I like the way the entire legend area has the brown border. My vote is to keep it. :D
Image
User avatar
Private RjBeals
 
Posts: 2504
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby cairnswk on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:Ok, here some things I just like to bring up

1. Do you really need those Stop lights? They kind of crowd the map

Yes. I think they are needed to highlight the pedestrian xings

3. The ferry routes are just a little confusing. I get them, but I can see them becoming a problem to the...*Amen* noobs.

That should be attended to in V15 below

4. Inner West I think should be knocked down to 2 bonuses. With only two ways to get into it, it would be pretty easies to defend.

i haven't looked at that yet, but please remind me later....if i forget. Thanks for your comments. :)

RjBeals wrote:1) The color bars where the bonus region names are along the left side - could you extend the right side of those bars so they fall underneath the bolder legend border? I also see something between those color bars bleeding through - not sure what it is though.

2) The water routes are a little confusing. since they are so close and all lead to opera house, they get jumbled up around there. What about lines instead of dots - like beveled/flowing lines?

3) I like the traffic lights. Keep them. But I think the road crossings could be a little better than current. Maybe make them slanted instead of horizontal?

4) Your territory font is perfect. What did you use anyway? I love it. Perfect size, perfect amount of drop shadow - well done.

5) Colors are perfect as well.

Thanks Rj...most of that attended to below in V15


gimil wrote:I agree with everything RJ says except I think the terr names could use the slightest bit of transparency.

Also the Olympic Park is missing a drop shadow.

Fixed in V15 below, thanks Gimil

bryguy wrote:u cant see the upper left corner of the 'H' in opera house cause the stop sign is on it, could u modify that so that u can?

some peoplemight thing that since the army circle is on the other side of a dotted line from the title of KS It'l Airport that it is part of another territory (just felt like pointing that out, it would probably not be that big a problem)

other than that the map looks great except for all the feiry lines converging on one spot (gets a little confusing)

keep up the good work cairns :D

All should be fixed in V15 below, thanks Bryguy

FreeMan10 wrote:Hey Cairns-

Looking pretty spiffy!

A couple of graphical notes-

1) the Balmoral/Taronga Zoo border runs over the 2nd A in Taronga.

2) I agree with RjB's note about the color bars for the legend - there seems to be uneven spacing between them, and some sort of white vertical stripe shows through on the right side of the bars.

3) Ryde's legend bar doesn't seem to merge well with the brown border.

4) the legend border at Parramatta overruns the text for Auburn

5) it seems odd that the legend has a brown border around the outside of it, while the rest of the actual map doesn't have any border at all. I'd say keep the brown line as a separator, but remove it from the outside border. That'll give you a few more pixels for the actual map.

6) It might make more sense to hyphenate Cen-tenn-i-al than Cent-enn-ial. Then again, that's coming from one who doesn't speak the Queen's English, so opinions may differ... :)

7) Maybe take the extra few pixels from #5 and stretch the Opera House/Centennial Park area to give yourself a smidge of breathing room there.

FreeMan

All that should be fixed in V15 below, thanks FreeMan

greenoaks wrote:would Centen-nial fit ?


Done greenoaks...thanks

RjBeals wrote:Disagree. I like the way the entire legend area has the brown border. My vote is to keep it. :D

Me too!

V15 below.
Changes:
1. Tert names plaques in legend fixed.
2. Impassable/Passables moved to top of map above bonuses
3. Ferry lines removed and attack routes notated in the legend at bottom
4. KS I'tnl Airport changed placed wioth army shadow
5. Woollarha changed name to Kings Cross
6. Centennial Park re-hyphenated.
7. Other small tidy-ups

Image

Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby RjBeals on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:52 pm

Love the update, but I'm not so sure I'm down with totally removing the ferry attack routes. Sure you explain it there, but I think there needs to be a path to follow as well.
Image
User avatar
Private RjBeals
 
Posts: 2504
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:17 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby oaktown on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:39 pm

RjBeals wrote:Love the update, but I'm not so sure I'm down with totally removing the ferry attack routes. Sure you explain it there, but I think there needs to be a path to follow as well.

I can live with removing the ferry routes, but it seems that the territories that can attack/be attacked via a ferry route need some type of symbol to indicate this to players. I can just see it now...

2008-05-10 09:14:43 - oaktown: what the... how'd you do that?
2008-05-10 09:12:17 - oaktown: Crap, forgot the damn ferry routes. Cairnswk!! :p
Image
User avatar
Captain oaktown
 
Posts: 4552
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:24 pm
Location: majorcommand
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Re: Sydney Metro V3 (P4) [I] - Comments?

Postby cairnswk on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:04 pm

oaktown wrote:
RjBeals wrote:Love the update, but I'm not so sure I'm down with totally removing the ferry attack routes. Sure you explain it there, but I think there needs to be a path to follow as well.

I can live with removing the ferry routes, but it seems that the territories that can attack/be attacked via a ferry route need some type of symbol to indicate this to players. I can just see it now...

2008-05-10 09:14:43 - oaktown: what the... how'd you do that?
2008-05-10 09:12:17 - oaktown: Crap, forgot the damn ferry routes. Cairnswk!! :p



Ferry routes are back in....only....which version, straight lines or dots or lines with arrowheads.....

Version 16

Image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login