Egypt: Upper [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp] - Comments please!

Postby cairnswk on Mon May 26, 2008 10:58 am

no comments here???
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp] - Comments please!

Postby gimil on Mon May 26, 2008 5:49 pm

ive been choking to stamp this one for a while, dont know why Ohavent done it yet.

Image
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp] - Comments please!

Postby cairnswk on Tue May 27, 2008 3:35 am

gimil wrote:ive been choking to stamp this one for a while, dont know why Ohavent done it yet.

Image


Thanks Gimil.....I'll put the large up shortly...for now here is the current small.

Image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Comments please!

Postby gimil on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:33 am

Still waiting on the large cairns :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Comments please!

Postby nagerous on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:37 am

I dunno if it is just me but the bonuses seem a tad too high. In a 1vs 1 sequential, if you start first you could reak havoc.
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Comments please!

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:20 pm

gimil wrote:Still waiting on the large cairns :)

below gimil

nagerous wrote:I dunno if it is just me but the bonuses seem a tad too high. In a 1vs 1 sequential, if you start first you could reak havoc.

i reduced the northern tert Tepihu by 1 as it now only has two borders.
I guess in 1vs1 you'd get 3 for drop plus 1 for every 3 which would total 6...yes you could create havoc and gain a large upper hand, but that wouldn't occur until the second round, and to be honest these maps were right for small 1vs1 games.

Image

Click image to enlarge.
image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:45 pm

Spot on changes for the two types of Dow.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:06 pm

yeti_c wrote:Spot on changes for the two types of Dow.

C.

Good. something is going right! :roll:
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:40 pm

Agreed, I like them too, though "inter-territory" sounds somewhat odd. Maybe "cross river attacks" ...but that may be no good too!


--Andy
User avatar
Sergeant AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25370
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:28 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Agreed, I like them too, though "inter-territory" sounds somewhat odd. Maybe "cross river attacks" ...but that may be no good too!


--Andy

Something like Inter-territory was suggested a couple of pages back by ZeakCytho, so unless everyone objects to it then it stays. I like the way Andy can never quite make up his mind. ;)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:21 am

cairnswk wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Agreed, I like them too, though "inter-territory" sounds somewhat odd. Maybe "cross river attacks" ...but that may be no good too!


--Andy

Something like Inter-territory was suggested a couple of pages back by ZeakCytho, so unless everyone objects to it then it stays. I like the way Andy can never quite make up his mind. ;)


Wouldn't "inter-territory" actually mean attacking within a territory?

How about...
"White-sailed Dows allow access to enemy borders"
"White-sailed Dows allow attacks to borders"
"Attack via White-sailed Dows"
"Attack across the Nile on White-sailed Dows"
"White-sailed Dows Attack across the Nile"

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:01 am

yeti_c wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Agreed, I like them too, though "inter-territory" sounds somewhat odd. Maybe "cross river attacks" ...but that may be no good too!


--Andy

Something like Inter-territory was suggested a couple of pages back by ZeakCytho, so unless everyone objects to it then it stays. I like the way Andy can never quite make up his mind. ;)


Wouldn't "inter-territory" actually mean attacking within a territory?

How about...
"White-sailed Dows allow access to enemy borders"
"White-sailed Dows allow attacks to borders"
"Attack via White-sailed Dows"
"Attack across the Nile on White-sailed Dows"
"White-sailed Dows Attack across the Nile"

C.

inter-
pref.
1. Between; among: interdental.

I did do some homework when researching this, and this is why is it is the way it is.
If you wanted to say attack within a territory, you'd say
Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law - Cite This Source - Share This
Main Entry: intra-
Function: prefix
1 : within <intrastate>
2 : during <intraday>

both references from dictionary.com :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:05 am

Ah - fair enough...

But did you like any of the other suggestions that might be nicer? (or variations of?)

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:48 am

yeti_c wrote:Ah - fair enough...

But did you like any of the other suggestions that might be nicer? (or variations of?)

C.


Sorry chris, but i don't think so. we have two coloured-sailed dows now with specific instructions for each.
both colours specify two different offerings on the Nile when it is Impassable.
The only thing i might do to improve is to swap each side around. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:54 am

cairnswk wrote:
yeti_c wrote:Ah - fair enough...

But did you like any of the other suggestions that might be nicer? (or variations of?)

C.


Sorry chris, but i don't think so. we have two coloured-sailed dows now with specific instructions for each.
both colours specify two different offerings on the Nile when it is Impassable.
The only thing i might do to improve is to swap each side around. :)


Upto you - I just find "inter-territory" a bit wordy is all - and doesn't match the other sides wording.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby TaCktiX on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:04 pm

The way the left side dow explanation is set up, I keep on trying to read the right side explanation the same way, when it's two discrete paragraphs. Any chance of fixing this?
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (6)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:26 pm

TaCktiX wrote:The way the left side dow explanation is set up, I keep on trying to read the right side explanation the same way, when it's two discrete paragraphs. Any chance of fixing this?


How do you want it fixed...make a suggestion.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby TaCktiX on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:24 pm

You could add a small divider line between the Nile and the Dow explanation, and give a little more space to that section of the columns (with a little more spacing on the left side explanation, sans divider).
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (6)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby onbekende on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Zawty +4 and I am for this map
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class onbekende
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:19 am
Location: Belgium
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:01 am

onbekende wrote:Zawty +4 and I am for this map

don't forget there is +1 for autodeploy. it only has three to defend even though 4 attacking, i still only think 3 os necessary. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:08 am

TaCktiX wrote:You could add a small divider line between the Nile and the Dow explanation, and give a little more space to that section of the columns (with a little more spacing on the left side explanation, sans divider).

I'll see what i can do. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby onbekende on Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:42 am

cairnswk wrote:
onbekende wrote:Zawty +4 and I am for this map

don't forget there is +1 for autodeploy. it only has three to defend even though 4 attacking, i still only think 3 os necessary. :)
its indeed workable
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class onbekende
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:19 am
Location: Belgium
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby rocky mountain on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:54 pm

first off i think the +3 is fine. although maybe Saka could be 3...
I like this map quite a lot. looking forward to playing the other Egypt maps you're making as well :)
not much to say. glad you distinguished between the different Dows though (i haven't looked at this map for a while)
good job cairnswk
Image
best: place 2349; points 1617; GP 216; GW 102(47%); Lieutenant
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class rocky mountain
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:08 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (2)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Comments please!

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:26 pm

Image

Click image to enlarge.
image


rocky mountain wrote:first off i think the +3 is fine. although maybe Saka could be 3...
I like this map quite a lot. looking forward to playing the other Egypt maps you're making as well :)
not much to say. glad you distinguished between the different Dows though (i haven't looked at this map for a while)
good job cairnswk


Mmmm. i think that 4 is good for Saka...4 terts to defend from attack.
Thanks, rocky mountain. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: EGYPT UPPER V13 (P9) [I,Gp,Gr] - Small & Large

Postby nagerous on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:44 am

yes but theres high chance someone can begin a game and automatically get that bonus and hence be able to create immediate havoc without the opponent having any chance at all.
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login