TaCktiX wrote:Looking at Lower Egypt I notice that the Nile looks more realistic than it does in Upper Egypt. Also due to colors and texture, Lower Egypt seems to have more depth than Upper Egypt. Any chance of adding some more bevel and texturing to this map so it's graphically consistent with Lower Egypt?
I am re-doing all the maps so they are consistent....this Version 5 should be more pleasing to all
1. Statues are done with appropriate shadows
2. shoadows and lotus fluting pattern given to coluns
3. Fonts changed to be consistent with the Valley of the Kings map
3. Capital Cities no longer exist on map as they are not necessary
bryguy wrote:Maybe on the top place the title all the way on the left side and for the two explanations about the dows...Place them on 2 lines to the right of the title...since they refer to each other...
Mmmmm...still looking into that.
1) What use are the stars for? i suggest either making a bonus for territories with stars or removing them
2) I keep reading the title instead of Upper Egypt as Uppcr Ccypt
3) Could u try using different textures for the different regions?
no, i would prefer to keep texture consistent across the maps
4) Question, since this is the small, for the large are u gonna have it as 2 sections, 1 for the map/territories and 1 for the bonuses?
2 sections yes.
5) Is there a region for the : between some words?
6) On that note, is there a reason for some words like Ten:Iunyt to not have a space between the : and Iunyt?
7) Does there have to be a - between Atef and Khent for Atef-Khent? same for Ta-Khentit: Abu
Where there is a hyphenated word, that is the natural spelling for that region.
Where there is a : colonised addtion the region comes first : then the city of that region.
This is done so that some regions can have some gameplay across them otherwise this map would be very linear in style being a set of regions stacked upon on another.
8) Could u move the boat between Ta Khentit: Abu and Ta-Khentit: Nebet over slightly so that its touching Ta-Khentit Nebet more?
9) The symbols on the polls between the territory sections and the bonus section suddenly have slight black lines on them that really annoy me.
Keredrex wrote:I think thoose columns in the middle could be a bit thinner to make the bonus explanation larger....
Mmmm...I think this would lose its appeal if those lotus columns were made thinner.Version 5