TaCktiX wrote:Looking at Lower Egypt I notice that the Nile looks more realistic than it does in Upper Egypt. Also due to colors and texture, Lower Egypt seems to have more depth than Upper Egypt. Any chance of adding some more bevel and texturing to this map so it's graphically consistent with Lower Egypt?
bryguy wrote:Maybe on the top place the title all the way on the left side and for the two explanations about the dows...Place them on 2 lines to the right of the title...since they refer to each other...
1) What use are the stars for? i suggest either making a bonus for territories with stars or removing them
2) I keep reading the title instead of Upper Egypt as Uppcr Ccypt
3) Could u try using different textures for the different regions?
4) Question, since this is the small, for the large are u gonna have it as 2 sections, 1 for the map/territories and 1 for the bonuses?
5) Is there a region for the : between some words?
6) On that note, is there a reason for some words like Ten:Iunyt to not have a space between the : and Iunyt?
7) Does there have to be a - between Atef and Khent for Atef-Khent? same for Ta-Khentit: Abu
8) Could u move the boat between Ta Khentit: Abu and Ta-Khentit: Nebet over slightly so that its touching Ta-Khentit Nebet more?
9) The symbols on the polls between the territory sections and the bonus section suddenly have slight black lines on them that really annoy me.
Keredrex wrote:I think thoose columns in the middle could be a bit thinner to make the bonus explanation larger....
t-o-m wrote:youve got very bold colours (or more bold/less dim) on the left, but dimmer colours on the right...ment to be that way?
the mini-map in the middle seems to be thinner than the acctaul map - could that cause confusion amongst some users?
or just the thick ones
TYgood update, like this map
TaCktiX wrote:Very nice update, and right after I compiled statistics on this map. Punk.
- Some text, particularly Wn:Khmun, Herui:Gebtu, Wast: Inerty, and Behde: Edfu have some bad clipping issues that could be resolved by moving th text and the army circle around.
- The Colon in territory names is near-unreadable with the new font, suggest a different separator
- The How Maps Join/borders sections are a little faint, suggest making them as dark as the Dow notes.
- The middle red region of the bonuses seems exaggerated compared to its accompanying continent on the full-scale map.
Keredrex wrote:NICE... Looking Good... Just a thought, with the colors (which are great) being as bold and crisp as they are... you could probably just use a colored box to represent each territory in the bonus legend.
then you could put the continent name and bonus value. And have more space for your info or whatever you want.
Though the 2nd map is great. you really don't need it
bryguy wrote:I have a question, why dont u for the large have it 800px high and put the two halfs of the map on top of/below of each other?
t-o-m wrote:i like the colours and the sandy texture, but is there ment to be too much glow on one of the terit names, hold on i will just get the name...
Ta Kheniti Abu - or something like that i forgot exactly, its near the bottom right, on the right half but on the left of that half (if you know what i mean )]/quote]
Thanks for that pipckup. i'll amend in next version.EDIT 2:
why do some of the terit names have a --dash-- in them and some an __underscore__?
is it ment to be like that or am i seeing things?
natty_dread wrote:I was wrong
One point, can you include size dimensions of your images in the first post? I think oaktowns wanting people to start doing this nd we may add it to the handbook
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests