Halloween Hollows [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P2) - New colours

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:01 pm

the legend is horrific at this point mibi, pretty much unreadable. then for the riddles, shouldn't it say the spider can "bite you" instead of "bit you anytime"

and if you're taking this out, when is gim or andy or oak gonna move it
Last edited by whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:02 pm

and then in terms of gameplay, i'd recommend some more impassables, gravestones would make good ones in the animal cemetary or w/e, cobwebs, pumpkins, etc

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:08 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:the legend is horrific at this point mibi, pretty much unreadable. then for the riddles, shouldn't it say the spider can "bite you" instead of "bit you anytime"

are you talking to me or mibi.... :?

Gimil said he would move it several hours ago "after dinner", but....oh well :o
Private cairnswk

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:12 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:and then in terms of gameplay, i'd recommend some more impassables, gravestones would make good ones in the animal cemetary or w/e, cobwebs, pumpkins, etc

Yes, thanks for those suggestions....i was hoping someone would input on that...i had been thinking of how to do all this...so look forward to something or rather.
Private cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby whitestazn88 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:33 pm

cairnswk wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:the legend is horrific at this point mibi, pretty much unreadable. then for the riddles, shouldn't it say the spider can "bite you" instead of "bit you anytime"

are you talking to me or mibi.... :?

Gimil said he would move it several hours ago "after dinner", but....oh well :o

i meant you but for some reason, i guess mibi is easier to type than cairns

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:51 am

Private cairnswk

Postby whitestazn88 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:30 am

nice update, now if only gim would move it....

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:21 pm

Rising from the dead...per Cairnswk's request.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:35 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Rising from the dead...per Cairnswk's request.

--Andy

Thanks Andy. Appreciated as always.
Private cairnswk

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V5 (P3) - Impassables

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:00 pm

Version 5.
As per suggested....
whitestazn88 wrote:and then in terms of gameplay, i'd recommend some more impassables, gravestones would make good ones in the animal cemetary or w/e, cobwebs, pumpkins, etc

i've added some icons as impassables.

The legend is also re-arranged.

Private cairnswk

Postby edbeard on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:44 pm

I think this map still has the same problems as before

1. Can't match the side legend to the bonus areas

2. text isn't readable on the bottom legend.

3. I can't tell what attacks what in the graveyard (plus the tombstone and terrace names are hardly visible)

4. the whole riddle thing doesn't work for me. you're just going to confuse people. I can hardly tell what your meaning is there and people not as familiar with the english language or those who just aren't bright are going to be totally confused.

5. the witch can attack anywhere, but what can attack the witch?
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:56 pm

edbeard wrote:I think this map still has the same problems as before

3. I can't tell what attacks what in the graveyard (plus the tombstone and terrace names are hardly visible)

4. the whole riddle thing doesn't work for me. you're just going to confuse people. I can hardly tell what your meaning is there and people not as familiar with the english language or those who just aren't bright are going to be totally confused.

onya edbeard....totally negative again. ;) you must remember i don't work inside the same box as you
please refresh your screen and look again at the legend, i have updated the legend area colours.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Version 6.
The Wiccan Beach fence has been moved coz i realised it wasn't acting as impassable on anything.

Private cairnswk

Postby Androidz on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:05 pm

cairnswk wrote:
edbeard wrote:I think this map still has the same problems as before

onya edbeard....totally negative again. ;) you must remember i don't work inside the same box as you
please refresh your screen and look again at the legend, i have updated the legend area colours.

The riddles is pretty readable but the rest isint. What about blood red or slimegreen? could you use that? or Black with silverish glow all those fitt the haloween team.

As for the Terretorie names could you use same colours as you use at the title?

Now is this typho?:

The Web Only Eovers Animal Farm. I see all the versions you have made have: Eovers so i coulent see if its was ment to be like that or if should be Covers?
Private Androidz

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby edbeard on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Yea. I'm a negative nellie.

the change helped slightly..Maybe use coloured text instead of coloured areas? The colours on top of grey might work.

it's not a typo. all the c's looks like e's

the other part of the legend doesn't say ieon. it says icon. but this is why I'd prefer something else. it doesn't say fenees either (fences)
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby Androidz on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:09 pm

edbeard wrote:Yea. I'm a negative nellie.

the change helped slightly..Maybe use coloured text instead of coloured areas? The colours on top of grey might work.

it's not a typo. all the c's looks like e's

the other part of the legend doesn't say ieon. it says icon. but this is why I'd prefer something else. it doesn't say fenees either (fences)

Lol i havent noticed that:D, well then its my bad. Then i also would suggest another type of letters.
Private Androidz

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Androidz wrote:The riddles is pretty readable but the rest isint. What about blood red or slimegreen? could you use that? or Black with silverish glow all those fitt the haloween team.

OK i'll examine that, and see what it looks like.

Now is this typho?:

The Web Only Eovers Animal Farm. I see all the versions you have made have: Eovers so i coulent see if its was ment to be like that or if should be Covers?

No, i checked and that is definitely a "C"...obviously the font needs changing. i'll look for something more suitable.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:19 pm

edbeard wrote:...
the change helped slightly..Maybe use coloured text instead of coloured areas? The colours on top of grey might work....

I'll try that.. thanks. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby Androidz on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:23 pm

cairnswk wrote:
Androidz wrote:The riddles is pretty readable but the rest isint. What about blood red or slimegreen? could you use that? or Black with silverish glow all those fitt the haloween team.

OK i'll examine that, and see what it looks like.

Now is this typho?:

No, i checked and that is definitely a "C"...obviously the font needs changing. i'll look for something more suitable.

kk good to know:D

lol i wrote team instead of theme. My english sucks:D
Private Androidz

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P3)

Postby RjBeals on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:30 pm

[quote="cairnswk"]Version 4.

Time to get this started again....let's see....Aug, Sep, Oct....3 months should be enough time to get this quenched by 31 Oct.

Sure - you can get it quenched, but it will sit in FF for another 2 months.
Private RjBeals

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:35 pm

Androidz wrote:...
kk good to know:D
lol i wrote team instead of theme. My english sucks:D

I did understand however, so no probs....you'll get there with your english, i am confident. ;)
Private cairnswk

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V4 (P3)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:37 pm

RjBeals wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Version 4.

Time to get this started again....let's see....Aug, Sep, Oct....3 months should be enough time to get this quenched by 31 Oct.

Sure - you can get it quenched, but it will sit in FF for another 2 months.

I luv your positivity Rj.

I am sure we can roll this out in time for Halloween, don't you??
Private cairnswk

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V7 (P4) - New legend font

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:51 pm

VErsion 7.

Changes:
1. i changed the legend font from Agatha to FeZKK, don't know if this works any better?
2. Appliled some colour to the territory names
3. The Blood red and slimy green didn't go together for the legend font colours, so have left it at slimmy green, or what i perceive as being that colour.

edbeard wrote:3. I can't tell what attacks what in the graveyard (plus the tombstone and terrace names are hardly visible)

OK I'll work on that.

I think this is a great little twist especially for this Halloween map.
Perhaps you (& others) will have to take the time to solve the riddle.

well, i thought that borders would have been obvious, since the witch sits in the moon, its is attackable from Witches Castle (at this point), however, i probably will clarify that in the legend.

Private cairnswk

Postby whitestazn88 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:08 pm

i like that you rearranged the stuff in the bottom part of the legend

suggestions: cauldron bubble and the wizard hats look too bright for this map, as everything else has a darker tone to it, maybe change those up

also, i'd like it if the colors of the witches way territs and the wizard ward territs were less similar... i mean, they're very easily distinguishable, but i don't like those colors next to each other, more orange-y for the wizard ward might have a nice touch

and the witch being able to attack everything on the map is kinda... extreme for me, it just seems like too much. i dunno what to do with it, but it is kinda excessive

Re: HALLOWEEN HOLLOWS V8 (P4) - Colours toned down

Postby cairnswk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:00 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:i like that you rearranged the stuff in the bottom part of the legend

Good

suggestions: cauldron bubble and the wizard hats look too bright for this map, as everything else has a darker tone to it, maybe change those up

Should be fixed now...i toned down the cauldron, addded some smoke and bubbles

also, i'd like it if the colors of the witches way territs and the wizard ward territs were less similar... i mean, they're very easily distinguishable, but i don't like those colors next to each other, more orange-y for the wizard ward might have a nice touch

Done, changed the Wizard Ward to a more orangey colour

and the witch being able to attack everything on the map is kinda... extreme for me, it just seems like too much. i dunno what to do with it, but it is kinda excessive

Still working on that one.

Version 8
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas