Conquer Club

USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: USA Map Pack [Beta]

Postby squishyg on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:38 pm

WidowMakers wrote:
squishyg wrote:Just offering some feedback. I also gave you many props as well. Sorry if I offended.
No worries. I am not mad at you for offering your feedback. i am glad you cared that much. I am just making sure that everyone know what I will change. I appreciate the comments.

And believe me, that was NOT offensive. If that sort of feedback bugged me, i would not have made any maps.

Thanks
WM

Word. Looking forward to playing your map!
Captain squishyg

Postby quackaddict on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:12 am

Widow,

Forgive me if someone else has already commented on this, but I-85 Goes through Raleigh-Duham also. You have it ending in Greensboro. Which would help the other quirk, which is having grown up in Atlanta, and having relatives up the East Coast and across... 85/20 is way more important than 75.
Private quackaddict

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:17 am

quackaddict wrote:Widow,

Forgive me if someone else has already commented on this, but I-85 Goes through Raleigh-Duham also. You have it ending in Greensboro. Which would help the other quirk, which is having grown up in Atlanta, and having relatives up the East Coast and across... 85/20 is way more important than 75.

WidowMakers wrote:This is in response to the last three posts

This is taken from the first post of the thread:
Now just as the original USA map is not completely geographically accurate, like why can't Oregon attack Idaho, the road connections on these maps are not either. The basic roads exist but some connections across state borders are eliminated to help with border control.

All state shapes are copied from the USA map.
If a state did not exist in the USA map (New England State are a good example) I did my best to keep the same look and feel.
The 6 maps are based on the USA map. I broke them up based on those bonus groups. That is why NJ, NY and Penn are in New England.

Also, If anyone asks these types of questions or raises these sorts of complaints. Please just quote this post in response (if I have not already done that).

Thanks

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby quackaddict on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Killing, his catch all that you re-posted referred to states and state maps. I am referring to the bonus structure inside of the map. Was just pointing out that a interstate map would show I-85 going East from Greensboro.
Private quackaddict

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:59 pm

quackaddict wrote:Killing, his catch all that you re-posted referred to states and state maps. I am referring to the bonus structure inside of the map. Was just pointing out that a interstate map would show I-85 going East from Greensboro.
Actually I refer to the roads.

WidowMakers wrote:This is in response to the last three posts

This is taken from the first post of the thread:
Now just as the original USA map is not completely geographically accurate, like why can't Oregon attack Idaho, the road connections on these maps are not either. The basic roads exist but some connections across state borders are eliminated to help with border control.

All state shapes are copied from the USA map.
If a state did not exist in the USA map (New England State are a good example) I did my best to keep the same look and feel.
The 6 maps are based on the USA map. I broke them up based on those bonus groups. That is why NJ, NY and Penn are in New England.

Also, If anyone asks these types of questions or raises these sorts of complaints. Please just quote this post in response (if I have not already done that).

Thanks
Now I know it does say across state borders but internal the roads are not all represented either. It was GP choices. Too many cities on an interstate make it harder to hold.

Plus, according to google, 85 goes through Durham and misses Raleigh. And it would only show it going east if there was another city it connected to. Since there is not one on this map, the road ends.
Major WidowMakers

Postby quackaddict on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Ok, good point. I guess I got so used to 85 to Raleigh when I had clients there I forgot that Durham is actually part of the Raleigh Durham exit...
Private quackaddict

Postby josta59 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 am

Having lived in and visited most of these regions, I'm excited about having all these maps on Conquer Club.

Having said that, I never liked the look of the USA map, and I really wish these looked more like actual maps. I'm a map guy, and that's one of the reasons I enjoy Conquer Club so much. But these look like...I don't know, cartoons or something? I would like it so much better if the territories actually bordered each other as they do in real life. I would just find it a lot more exciting for gameplay.

A bit late, I know, but there's my opinion. I'm about to play on one of them for the first time (the Great Lakes map).
Sergeant josta59

Postby saaimen on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:14 pm

josta59 wrote: I'm about to play on one of them for the first time (the Great Lakes map).

... which is not a part of this map pack. #-o
ImageImage
Winner of "As Easy As 1, 2, 3! - Africa I", "Championship Series: British Isles",
"1v1 Battle to Rule Doodle Earth 2", "Connect 4 (Restarted)" and "Blind Fold Buddy - BeNeLux"
Sergeant 1st Class saaimen

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 pm

saaimen wrote:
josta59 wrote: I'm about to play on one of them for the first time (the Great Lakes map).

I think he was referring to "USA: Great Lakes" in Game 4622451

Captain the.killing.44

Postby josta59 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:41 am

the.killing.44 wrote:
saaimen wrote:

I think he was referring to "USA: Great Lakes" in Game 4622451

yep :?
Sergeant josta59

Postby squishyg on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:00 pm

I've played West and Northeast now, and got my butt handed to me twice. They're fun maps, best played with a small number of people.
Captain squishyg

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:22 pm

squishyg wrote:I've played West and Northeast now, and got my butt handed to me twice. They're fun maps, best played with a small number of people.
I am glad you like them. Enjoy.
Major WidowMakers

Postby Androidz on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 pm

I don't want to read alot pages back to find out why USA great lakes big and small version is diffrent. The big don't have the lake background but small does:S
Private Androidz

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Androidz wrote:I don't want to read alot pages back to find out why USA great lakes big and small version is diffrent. The big don't have the lake background but small does:S
That has been updated (see the actual maps up for play)
Major WidowMakers

Postby Androidz on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:34 pm

WidowMakers wrote:
Androidz wrote:I don't want to read alot pages back to find out why USA great lakes big and small version is diffrent. The big don't have the lake background but small does:S
That has been updated (see the actual maps up for play)

Okey:) thx for the answear:)
Private Androidz

Postby yeti_c on Wed May 06, 2009 5:18 am

Shouldn't this topic be moved?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Timminz on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but has there been any thought of putting these 6 maps together into a USA 2.0?
Captain Timminz

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Timminz wrote:Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but has there been any thought of putting these 6 maps together into a USA 2.0?

That'd be quite impossible. Shit'd be crazy and awesome, but still impossible ;)

Captain the.killing.44

Postby WidowMakers on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:05 am

Timminz wrote:Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but has there been any thought of putting these 6 maps together into a USA 2.0?
Yes there has been discussion and thought but it would most likely be impossible on teh small map.
Major WidowMakers

Postby Timminz on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:14 am

That's too bad.
Captain Timminz

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby stlpete77 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:59 am

Just wanted to say I LOVE these maps, in particular southeast. 90-95% of the games I play on here I play using one of these maps. Question.. Are there individual state maps in development or even on the drawing board at this point in time?
Private 1st Class stlpete77

Postby WidowMakers on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:09 pm

stlpete77 wrote:Just wanted to say I LOVE these maps, in particular southeast. 90-95% of the games I play on here I play using one of these maps. Question.. Are there individual state maps in development or even on the drawing board at this point in time?

I am glad you like them. There is no current thought to make all 48 contiguous state maps.

For several reasons:
    1) Time (haha. I barely have time to do the other maps I have already posted)
    2) Desire. DO people really need/want all 48 states?
    3) Game Play. Not all states would work well with this game. Some are just boring squares.

The only thing related to these maps that I may look at in the future is to make a MEGA map that contains all 6 Maps from the map pack. But I am not promising anything now.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby captainwalrus on Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:23 pm

If they allowed larger maps it would be like the epoch map that mibi wanted to do, with the like 9 maps that also made up one. I think that is what he meant it to be but I could be wrong
~ CaptainWalrus
Private 1st Class captainwalrus

Postby stlpete77 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Personally I think it'd be cool to have individual state maps. I have no clue how much time goes into making one map let alone 48, but i can only imagine.. Hell if I knew how to make a map I'd give it a whirl. Like maybe just start out with the biggest, most populous states like California and Florida (there's already a Texas map) and maybe branch out from there.. Just a suggestion or more like wishful thinking really.
Private 1st Class stlpete77

Postby captainwalrus on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:14 pm

State maps that have been tryed (not a full listyet, but it will get there.

viewtopic.php?f=242&t=76036 -north carolina
viewtopic.php?f=242&t=86433 -New jersey
viewtopic.php?f=242&t=80565 -Alaska
viewtopic.php?f=242&t=63384 -Florida
viewtopic.php?f=242&t=54363 -New York
viewtopic.php?f=242&t=52598 -Verginia

edit: this will take a bit, and It turns out I really didn't have the time to start this now. I will continue it later.
~ CaptainWalrus
Private 1st Class captainwalrus

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas