USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby WidowMakers on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:16 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Um, this map has been quenched for QUITE a long time. I really doubt any changes are going to be made at all.
That is correct :)
Image
Colonel WidowMakers
 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (10) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby rayan10154 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:44 pm

There are some mistakes on the New England map. Plattsburgh is closer to Burlington than Montpelier so those should be connected and Montpelier is closer to Berlin. I-90 is supposed to go through Worcester. And also New York City should connect to Scranton.
Corporal 1st Class rayan10154
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:41 pm
Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:06 pm

rayan10154 wrote:There are some mistakes on the New England map. Plattsburgh is closer to Burlington than Montpelier so those should be connected and Montpelier is closer to Berlin. I-90 is supposed to go through Worcester. And also New York City should connect to Scranton.


WidowMakers wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Um, this map has been quenched for QUITE a long time. I really doubt any changes are going to be made at all.
That is correct :)
Image
Colonel WidowMakers
 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (10) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby arrgy on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Ugh...USA New England...

Philadelphia should connect to Cherry Hill NOT Trenton.
Where is New Haven? The largest city in Connecticut.
Private arrgy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:19 am

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:24 pm

arrgy wrote:Ugh...USA New England...

Philadelphia should connect to Cherry Hill NOT Trenton.
Where is New Haven? The largest city in Connecticut.


WidowMakers wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Um, this map has been quenched for QUITE a long time. I really doubt any changes are going to be made at all.
That is correct :)


Just saying, this probably won't be something happening soon.

-rd
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7226
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby Evil DIMwit on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Hey, now that there are supersized maps, any chance of making a giant combo USA map?
ImageImage
User avatar
Captain Evil DIMwit
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, NJ
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 am

Evil DIMwit wrote:Hey, now that there are supersized maps, any chance of making a giant combo USA map?

mmm, That is something I'd play for sure...


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25042
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
Evil DIMwit wrote:Hey, now that there are supersized maps, any chance of making a giant combo USA map?

mmm, That is something I'd play for sure...


--Andy


Yes there is. I have received permission from Widowmakers to go ahead and do it with my graphics but to leave the game play as it with the exceptions of making a few changes to the bonus structure. So this will be one of my next projects.
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 am

Good to hear!


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25042
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 am

isaiah40 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Evil DIMwit wrote:Hey, now that there are supersized maps, any chance of making a giant combo USA map?

mmm, That is something I'd play for sure...


--Andy


Yes there is. I have received permission from Widowmakers to go ahead and do it with my graphics but to leave the game play as it with the exceptions of making a few changes to the bonus structure. So this will be one of my next projects.

Nice! I imagine some of the interstates will cross over more than one section? For example, 70 is in two maps. The issue there would be that it would be difficult for one to hold that entire bonus. A certain +X for Y cities along an interstate could be cool, but that would be changing the bonus structure. Bah, maybe I should just save my comments for when the map is in the works, eh?

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7197
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby natty dread on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:56 pm

The problem is, will WidowMakers come out of hiding to make this map?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13257
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:22 pm

natty_dread wrote:The problem is, will WidowMakers come out of hiding to make this map?


No he won't, but I have secured permission from him to make this a reality.
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: USA Map Pack [Quenched]

Postby pamoa on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 pm

8-)
this will be a good massive map
de gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces et donjonnée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class pamoa
 
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:18 am
Location: Confederatio Helvetica
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)
Map Contribution (3)

Previous

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Login