Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Europe-1914,

Postby Fipa on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:58 am

sheunghei wrote:I (sheunghei) and my friend(black friday) played a 2-player game on the europe 1914 map (4633593) today, and suddenly, the game ends and the game log said that I have lose the game:

2009-04-08 01:50:35 - Black Friday held the Central Power Capitals objective
2009-04-08 01:50:35 - Black Friday won the game
2009-04-08 01:50:35 - sheunghei loses 19 points
2009-04-08 01:50:35 - Black Friday gains 19 points

But later, my friend said to me by phone that he had lose the game too, and he saw that in the game log, I win the game by held the Central Power Capitals objective and gain 19 pt instead of I losing.



If you lost 19 points, then you would gain 21 when you win against him. So your friend can't read the log well
User avatar
Captain Fipa
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:42 am
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Europe-1914,

Postby Qwert on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:30 am

hmm i look game log of these game,and your friend win a game, so i dont see any problem here>Probably he dont read correct game log.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9193
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Re: Europe-1914,

Postby cicero on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:17 am

Moved from Suggestions & Bug Reports to Map Foundry.
Foundry Mods please merge with quenched thread.

Cicero
User avatar
Sergeant cicero
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby MrBenn on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:30 am

[merged]
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7050
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby JJM on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:38 pm

Why doe's it list St.Petersburg as Russia's capital.Moscow is.
Corporal 1st Class JJM
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:49 pm
Location: North Dakota
Medals: 1
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:40 pm

JJM wrote:Why doe's it list St.Petersburg as Russia's capital.Moscow is.

1914 … 1914 …

.44
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby Ralfbuske on Wed May 06, 2009 9:30 am

Game 4828829

Serious bullshit, I've got Paris, Rome, London and S:t Petersburg, check round 5. And still, i'm not winning :O
Corporal Ralfbuske
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:42 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby saaimen on Wed May 06, 2009 11:45 am

As you will have noticed by now, you win when you start your turn holding those 4.
The legend says 'capture', though all objectives should be held for one turn.
ImageImage
Winner of "As Easy As 1, 2, 3! - Africa I", "Championship Series: British Isles",
"1v1 Battle to Rule Doodle Earth 2", "Connect 4 (Restarted)" and "Blind Fold Buddy - BeNeLux"
Sergeant 1st Class saaimen
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 pm
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby broncojd78 on Wed May 13, 2009 10:35 am

hello...i tried to read through the thread to find the answer but either failed or it wasn't there...

how do you know what power you are when you start a game?
User avatar
Sergeant broncojd78
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:22 am
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby saaimen on Wed May 13, 2009 7:02 pm

broncojd78 wrote:hello...i tried to read through the thread to find the answer but either failed or it wasn't there...

how do you know what power you are when you start a game?

You 'are' no one. Your armies are scattered across the map. You could simply win this game like any other: eliminate everyone.
The objective adds something: there are 2 groups of 4 capitals of countries that were allied in WW1; those two alliances were called the 'Central' and 'Entente' powers. If you hold any group of 4 capitals for a whole round, you win the game.
But you could also hold 3 of one group and 1 of the other and NOT win, of course...
To answer your question directly: it's your own choice :) Just go conquer some capitals!
ImageImage
Winner of "As Easy As 1, 2, 3! - Africa I", "Championship Series: British Isles",
"1v1 Battle to Rule Doodle Earth 2", "Connect 4 (Restarted)" and "Blind Fold Buddy - BeNeLux"
Sergeant 1st Class saaimen
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 pm
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5)

Error Report

Postby Shertenn on Mon May 25, 2009 7:38 am

game 4928327 a player started with 10 in Moscow.. his other initial placements appear normal.
User avatar
Lieutenant Shertenn
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:52 am
Location: Mid Tennessee
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Error Report

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon May 25, 2009 8:49 am

Shertenn wrote:game 4928327 a player started with 10 in Moscow.. his other initial placements appear normal.

2009-05-25 03:40:25 - Johnny Crow receives 3 troops for 7 regions
2009-05-25 03:40:35 - Johnny Crow deployed 3 troops on Ankara
2009-05-25 03:40:51 - Johnny Crow assaulted Black Sea from Ukraine and conquered it from Shertenn
2009-05-25 03:41:21 - Johnny Crow reinforced Ankara with 2 troops from Romania
2009-05-25 03:41:27 - Johnny Crow reinforced Ankara with 2 troops from Bessarabia
2009-05-25 03:41:34 - Johnny Crow reinforced Ankara with 1 troops from Black Sea
2009-05-25 03:41:56 - Johnny Crow reinforced Ankara with 2 troops from Transylvania
2009-05-25 03:43:24 - Johnny Crow reinforced Moscow with 7 troops from Ankara

His teammate forted it up. No bug here.

.44
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby snufkin on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:57 pm

The instructions for this map are wrong...
I captured all the central powers capitals but didn´t win. :-s

You should try to at least get the game objective instructions correct!!!

the text should say HOLD xxxxxx powers capitals to win, NOT CAPTURE! :roll:
The comet cometh!
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class snufkin
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:40 am
Location: borderland of Ranrike
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby saaimen on Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:25 pm

I've pleaded for this several times.
Doesn't seem to change on qwert's maps.
And nobody here seems to care very much either, so... :-#
ImageImage
Winner of "As Easy As 1, 2, 3! - Africa I", "Championship Series: British Isles",
"1v1 Battle to Rule Doodle Earth 2", "Connect 4 (Restarted)" and "Blind Fold Buddy - BeNeLux"
Sergeant 1st Class saaimen
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 pm
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby RedBaron0 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Game 5149422

If a team(in doubles, trips, or quads) were to capture and hold either of the 4 capitals do they win the game? Me and my partner recently achieved this with the 4 Entente capitals and the game didn't end. Just wondering if in team games this meets the objective. (or if it is supposed to)
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Captain RedBaron0
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 85
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (12)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby jefjef on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:40 pm

RedBaron0 wrote:Game 5149422

If a team(in doubles, trips, or quads) were to capture and hold either of the 4 capitals do they win the game? Me and my partner recently achieved this with the 4 Entente capitals and the game didn't end. Just wondering if in team games this meets the objective. (or if it is supposed to)

I player has to hold them for a full turn.............
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5985
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby RedBaron0 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:21 pm

jefjef wrote:
RedBaron0 wrote:Game 5149422

If a team(in doubles, trips, or quads) were to capture and hold either of the 4 capitals do they win the game? Me and my partner recently achieved this with the 4 Entente capitals and the game didn't end. Just wondering if in team games this meets the objective. (or if it is supposed to)

1 player has to hold them for a full turn.............


I figured that was the case, just wondering.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Captain RedBaron0
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 85
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (12)

Re: Europe 1914 is worng

Postby dikbrown on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:31 am

jarrett155 wrote:Is anyone else bugged by the fact that the Europe 1914 map is historically incorrect? Italy was a central power in 1914.


One of the reasons Italy went Axis in WW2 was that even though they were on the winning side in WW1, they got squat for it.
Corporal 1st Class dikbrown
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: Maine, USA
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby Theoharis on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi!

This is a great map indeed, very fun to play, challenging and enjoyable.

The only constructive comment I can offer is that I don't understand why France offers 5 troops while when holding it you need to defend only 3 territories, while Germany offers also 5, when you need to defend all 6 territories. Also, the Balkans offer only 3 troops (2 less than France) but they have the same amount of territories to capture as France, while you need to defend 5 territories to hold them, 2 more than France! So shouldn't really France offer 3 troops and the Balkans 5?

I think this makes France very enticing and easy to capture and hold, and works the opposite for the Balkans. Meanwhile, Italy and the Ottoman empire also offer 3 troops, but with 3 territories to defend (while the Ottoman empire has 7 territories and Italy 5).

Don't get me wrong, this is still a fun map to play, but I wonder on why there such a grave imbalance between the bonuses offered...
User avatar
Major Theoharis
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:14 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby jefjef on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Theoharis wrote:Hi!

This is a great map indeed, very fun to play, challenging and enjoyable.

The only constructive comment I can offer is that I don't understand why France offers 5 troops while when holding it you need to defend only 3 territories, while Germany offers also 5, when you need to defend all 6 territories. Also, the Balkans offer only 3 troops (2 less than France) but they have the same amount of territories to capture as France, while you need to defend 5 territories to hold them, 2 more than France! So shouldn't really France offer 3 troops and the Balkans 5?

I think this makes France very enticing and easy to capture and hold, and works the opposite for the Balkans. Meanwhile, Italy and the Ottoman empire also offer 3 troops, but with 3 territories to defend (while the Ottoman empire has 7 territories and Italy 5).

Don't get me wrong, this is still a fun map to play, but I wonder on why there such a grave imbalance between the bonuses offered...


You may want to recount your France.

N. france - Belgium - S. France - Corsica.

Other issues that contribute to the value is that it borders 3 bonus regions with a 4th one 1 tert away. Thats 5 terts to defend against (6 counting Bay of Biscay). And 3 of the French terts normally start as a neutral.

I do agree Balkans should be worth more (4) but other than that it's right on.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5985
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby Theoharis on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Yep, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that.
User avatar
Major Theoharis
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:14 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Europe 1914 for 2 players...

Postby GoranZ on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:59 am

The map Europe 1914 is totally unbalanced for 2 players... The first player can wipe out the second player, there r too many units for him in the first round. 15 territories r too much, 9 or 10 would be more appropriate.

For a reference I give this game: http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5737887... I lost 75% of my units and I haven't played my second round, not because of my loses during my attacks or poor defence.
Last edited by GoranZ on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Brigadier GoranZ
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:14 pm
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: Europe 1914 for 2 players...

Postby jefjef on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:30 pm

GoranZ wrote:The map Europe 1914 is totally unbalanced for 2 players... The first player can wipe out the second player, there r too many units for him in the first round. 15 territories r too much, 9 or 10 would be more appropriate.

For a reference I give this game: http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5737887... I lost 75% of my units and I haven't played my second round, not because of my loses during my attacks or poor defence.


2 player game is favored for 1st mover. But that is part of the challenge. He took 3 terts from you 1st round. He had a good drop and GREAT dice. 3 tert conquers in first round rarely happens.

As for not having 1st move I have won many on this map moving 2nd.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5985
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Europe 1914 for 2 players...

Postby GoranZ on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:54 am

jefjef wrote:
GoranZ wrote:The map Europe 1914 is totally unbalanced for 2 players... The first player can wipe out the second player, there r too many units for him in the first round. 15 territories r too much, 9 or 10 would be more appropriate.

For a reference I give this game: http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5737887... I lost 75% of my units and I haven't played my second round, not because of my loses during my attacks or poor defence.


2 player game is favored for 1st mover. But that is part of the challenge. He took 3 terts from you 1st round. He had a good drop and GREAT dice. 3 tert conquers in first round rarely happens.

As for not having 1st move I have won many on this map moving 2nd.


I haven't played a lot of games but for example in Feudal War being first mean that u will move first and the advantage is minimal if there is any... That's why I proposed reducing the number of colonies to reduce the luck factor, after all the fun is in the skill and not in the dice... I'm sure that there isn't a player skillful enough to win in my situation even with the same luck as my opponents(which was huge)...
User avatar
Brigadier GoranZ
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:14 pm
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (16)

Re: Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 pm

I just found this map yesterday and im hooked. Great map.
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
User avatar
Private 1st Class 0ojakeo0
 
Posts: 6150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 9:49 am
Location: ON THE ROAD TO SAN ANTONIO!!!!
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login