Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Feudal-ate *The sequal to Feudal War!* Update Page 5

Postby Try Again on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:37 pm

i guess the quest for the name still continues 8-)
Corporal Try Again

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Me-Da-MiNoRiTY on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:51 am

I like the castle names all except CLAN RHU.

call the castles MiNoRiTY :mrgreen:

nah but it looks poof to the rest, and what about gorup Fol or Team Yer?

2008-09-16 09:02:17 - neutral player was kicked out for missing too many turns
2008-09-16 09:02:17 - Incrementing game to round 3
2008-09-14 09:02:17 - Incrementing game to round 3
Game 3222195
Brigadier Me-Da-MiNoRiTY

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby gimil on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:59 am

Me-Da-MiNoRiTY wrote:I like the castle names all except CLAN RHU.

call the castles MiNoRiTY :mrgreen:

nah but it looks poof to the rest, and what about gorup Fol or Team Yer?

Your choice of names suck more than mine :mrgreen:

Update:

Click image to enlarge.

Chnages:
-Title is now "Feudal Epic"
-Moved about the castles to fit terr names and neutral counts
-Added some sutle colour changes to regions.
-More depth to the river
-Other small tweeks and changes.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Feudal Epic *The sequal to Feudal War!* Update Page 8

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:09 am

Nice work Gimil...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Ditocoaf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:02 pm

I know this has probably been discussed at length already, but I would also like to throw my own .02 in here about the main gameplay change from the original: 1 entrance per kingdom. It seems to me, that it not only limits the number of strategies, but makes luck (the roll of the dice) incredibly important in the game. If you luck out and capture a large bonus from your kingdom in the first few rounds compared to your opponents, that's a giant advantage. Since there's only one way to expand, all can do in the first few rounds is grab that bonus and then break out of the kingdom.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Medals: 2
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby hecter on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:32 pm

I don't like the Xeu 13 Ceu 8 connection... I think you should take it out and switch Xeu and Xue 13.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby cena-rules on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:38 pm

hecter wrote:I don't like the Xeu 13 Ceu 8 connection... I think you should take it out and switch Xeu and Xue 13.

Its cen not ceu
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby phantomzero on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:52 pm

I can't wait to try this out!!!
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby daydream on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:05 pm

daydream wrote:
daydream wrote:double 5's on connecting regions seem a bit overprotective to me. that way unless someone has a castle bordering the same region, you are still protected if you break through your 10 and can snatch a village, while the others are stuck building up in their kingdom because the other player in their territory would take advantage of any breakthrough, if you understand what i mean.

this has still been ignored...
Lieutenant daydream

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby hecter on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:52 pm

cena-rules wrote:
hecter wrote:I don't like the Xeu 13 Ceu 8 connection... I think you should take it out and switch Xeu and Xue 13.

Its cen not ceu

Sorry...

And ya, maybe just 3 on each river crossing would be better?
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:58 pm

Some territories are huge, Tru 3 is more than double the size of many. I think it could use a split into 2 territories, along with a few others.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Postby Try Again on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:15 pm

name is bad in my opinoin but that is just me :|
Corporal Try Again

Postby InkL0sed on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:25 pm

I think the problem with the name has been that there isn't much that can follow "Feudal" other than "War" - since it is, after all, a war.

So, in that light, how about using a synonym of war?

Feudal Carnage
Feudal Strife
Feudal Battle
Feudal Destruction
Bellum Feodium (not absolutely sure that this is correct - it's supposed to mean Feudal War in Latin)

I rather like all of these, especially Feudal Carnage and Feudal Strife.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby ZeakCytho on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 pm

Feudal Strife is the first title suggested thus far that I've actually liked.
Captain ZeakCytho

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby n00blet on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:04 pm

Wow....It does indeed look epic. I'm all for the name Feudal Epic.

1 Small problem though:
The legend has a small error with the coloring of the Tri-Feudal border. The legend makes it look as if the Feudal 10 border is a part of the Tri area.

1 Large problem though:
1 entrance per realm? Please say it ain't soooo. Idk how you could make it two entrances with the current setup though....I won't bother going further into that, because in as much as I can tell it has been thoroughly canvassed by the other fans of the Feudal War map.

Best of luck! I can't wait for this map!
Captain n00blet

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Ditocoaf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Feudal Conflict?

Feudal Combat?

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Medals: 2
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby hecter on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:14 pm

Also, the Xeu area looks pretty damn penisy if you tilt your head to the left... Not sure if that was intentional or not...
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Try Again on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:38 am

InkL0sed wrote:I think the problem with the name has been that there isn't much that can follow "Feudal" other than "War" - since it is, after all, a war.

So, in that light, how about using a synonym of war?

Feudal Carnage
Feudal Strife
Feudal Battle
Feudal Destruction
Bellum Feodium (not absolutely sure that this is correct - it's supposed to mean Feudal War in Latin)

I rather like all of these, especially Feudal Carnage and Feudal Strife.

i like Bellum Feodium because it doesn't include feudal
Corporal Try Again

Postby BeakerWMA on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:59 am

Not a comment on the name, more on potential gameplay:

Just a thought for the new map (or maybe the next one...hint hint :) ) : anyway, could you make it so that if you lose your Castle, you are eliminated and all your troops go Neutral? (think of it as in Feudal times, the castle has fallen, the King is dead and all the King's armies are loose upon the land). Would make protecting your Castle that much more important and impact strategies greatly.

Great job thus far guys.
I am serious...and don't call me Shirley.
Major BeakerWMA

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby brandoncfi on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:45 pm

Feudal epic is great
Highest point total 2774 and a rank of Colonel.
OSA of You
OSA Obsructing Your Sleep
GO STEELERS !!!
Cook brandoncfi

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby Try Again on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:24 am

this is taking a long time
but i will enjoy the map :D
Corporal Try Again

Postby gimil on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:12 am

BeakerWMA wrote:Not a comment on the name, more on potential gameplay:

Just a thought for the new map (or maybe the next one...hint hint :) ) : anyway, could you make it so that if you lose your Castle, you are eliminated and all your troops go Neutral? (think of it as in Feudal times, the castle has fallen, the King is dead and all the King's armies are loose upon the land). Would make protecting your Castle that much more important and impact strategies greatly.

Great job thus far guys.

It is not currently possible with the XML feature we have. Although it is definetly something worth looking into. Sounds like an ace idea :D

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby gimil on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:56 am

Ditocoaf wrote:I know this has probably been discussed at length already, but I would also like to throw my own .02 in here about the main gameplay change from the original: 1 entrance per kingdom. It seems to me, that it not only limits the number of strategies, but makes luck (the roll of the dice) incredibly important in the game. If you luck out and capture a large bonus from your kingdom in the first few rounds compared to your opponents, that's a giant advantage. Since there's only one way to expand, all can do in the first few rounds is grab that bonus and then break out of the kingdom.

There is a few reasons for having only one entrance.

In most games of feudal war (the first map) players only tend to use the one breakout point. Rarely do they use the second and when they its commonly when they are in a much stronger position anyway. To gain 2 entrances for a castle I would have to reduce the territory count and redesign the entire layout. I just generally feel that having one entrance isn't as big an issue as people think it is.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:08 am

Click image to enlarge.

A few small changes through request after the last update.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby MrBenn on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:16 am

gimil wrote:In most games of feudal war (the first map) players only tend to use the one breakout point. Rarely do they use the second and when they its commonly when they are in a much stronger position anyway. To gain 2 entrances for a castle I would have to reduce the territory count and redesign the entire layout. I just generally feel that having one entrance isn't as big an issue as people think it is.

I haven't played many games on Fuedal War, but the two breakouts gives a little bit of flexibility when deciding strategy. With just one breakout, the gameplay becomes fairly linear for the early rounds. I'm not really too sure where I sit on this, but some consensus of opinion would definitely help get this map moving ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas