Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Feudal-ate *The sequal to Feudal War!*

Postby Herakilla on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:37 am

beautiful!!! change the damned name though! it sucks!!
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby yeti_c on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:41 pm

MrBenn wrote:I've just had some random thoughts about alternative names for this map: FUEDEUX or FEUDUAL or FUEDUO...

But they're all about 2's -> the current name is more about 8's...?!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Androidz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:07 pm

yeti_c wrote:
MrBenn wrote:I've just had some random thoughts about alternative names for this map: FUEDEUX or FEUDUAL or FUEDUO...

But they're all about 2's -> the current name is more about 8's...?!

C.

But this is sequel not a 8dual.;)

When you named Feudal wars you didint mention 6;)
Private Androidz

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby edbeard on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:00 pm

I just feel like if you're going to do the 8 thing, you could do a lot better than "Feudal-ate"

Feudal Days A Week

Feudal is Enough

After Feudal

I think all these are awful but maybe it can just be Feudal For Eight or Feudal War II though it's not really a sequel just an expansion or something. Maybe Feudal War Expanded
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:34 pm

edbeard wrote:I just feel like if you're going to do the 8 thing, you could do a lot better than "Feudal-ate"

Feudal Days A Week

Feudal is Enough

After Feudal

I think all these are awful but maybe it can just be Feudal For Eight or Feudal War II though it's not really a sequel just an expansion or something. Maybe Feudal War Expanded

I also prefered Feudal II myself.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby gimil on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Update time kids:

Update 1

-Added neutral values
-Fixed "ever" in legends
-Tweeked a few numbers to stop wrong deploys
-Changed "hor" territoy to "Xeu"
-Other small suggestions made

Discuss:
-Neutral Values
-One castle enterances
-Map name

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Feudal-ate *The sequal to Feudal War!* Update Page 5

Postby Androidz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Xeu? You mean Zeu?

Why renamed Hor anyway i liked it?

Or you mean you renamed the willage only? IN that case you need to rename all the willages from something diffrent to the continent names:S
Private Androidz

Postby gimil on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:54 pm

Androidz wrote:Xeu? You mean Zeu?

Or you mean you renamed the willage only? IN that case you need to rename all the willages from something diffrent to the continent names:S

What?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby edbeard on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:58 pm

To Androidz:

If you say Hor Village out loud it might sound as if you're talking about something else. He changed both the village and the region though he spelled them differently...Zeu vs Xeu
Major edbeard

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby Androidz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:59 pm

gimil wrote:

What?

Continent Name is named Zeu. But the village is named Xeu? Why 2 diffrent?

And now i see why he renamed from hor thx ed:D

But shouldent they have the same name like in the other continents? All Villages use the contint name.
Private Androidz

Postby gimil on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Androidz wrote:
gimil wrote:

What?

But shouldent they have the same name like in the other continents? All Villages use the contint name.

Sheesh guys it was a typo, you make it sound deliberate >.<

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Androidz on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:02 pm

gimil wrote:
Androidz wrote:
gimil wrote:

What?

Sheesh guys it was a typo, you make it sound deliberate >.<

Hehe sorry i wasent sure if it was typho or if you wanted this:P
Private Androidz

Postby yeti_c on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:22 am

gimil wrote:
edbeard wrote:I just feel like if you're going to do the 8 thing, you could do a lot better than "Feudal-ate"

Feudal Days A Week

Feudal is Enough

After Feudal

Just sounds so modern?!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby gimil on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:11 am

yeti_c wrote:
gimil wrote:

Feudal Days A Week

Feudal is Enough

After Feudal

Just sounds so modern?!

C.

Keep fighting the good fight yeti, maybe someone will agree with you ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gdeangel on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:28 pm

gimil wrote:
hulmey wrote:It looks so much like the original..Cant you add some new features to make it slightly different, like the AoR series for example...

The point of this was to give an 8 player option to the Feudal gameplay, while Realm was intended to be a series of maps that differ in gameplay from each other. my plan is to not add any new gimmicks to this map :)

You don't have to add new gimmicks, but it would be nice to make it a little visually distinct. Rather than rolling green fields, like feudal, you could have some brownish trails/barren areas and/or dark green trees to just set it apart visually from the six player version... put a little chop on the water, and/or put some black mucky marshes around the edges. It will be extra work but probably worth it. If you're setting it up to be "some other time, in the area near Feudal" then the landscape should change as well as the number of castles. So specifically for an example, the whole area that is where Lake Minostro used to be could be a big mucky marsh, not a green pasture.

Also, what about my suggestion for 1-way attacks through the wall into the castles. I understand you don't want "gimicks" but the single file pass into and out of each kingdom means build, build, build... unless, at least you give maybe bigger bonuses for holding the open terrain instead of the kingdom areas behind the walls.
Sergeant gdeangel

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby daydream on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:40 pm

double 5's on connecting regions seem a bit overprotective to me. that way unless someone has a castle bordering the same region, you are still protected if you break through your 10 and can snatch a village, while the others are stuck building up in their kingdom because the other player in their territory would take advantage of any breakthrough, if you understand what i mean.
Lieutenant daydream

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Assassin07 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:35 pm

this map looks cool to me
IF YOU JOIN MULTIPLE OF MY 2 PLAYER GAMES AND FIND YOURSELF FOED IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY I AM ON A MEDAL HUNT.
-ASSASSIN07
Major Assassin07

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby benny profane on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:47 am

Since the title seems to be an issue, I would argue against anything having to do with an 8 in it.
If this were the original map adapted for 8 players, it would make sense.
But really, this is a completely different map.

Unless you pick Feudal Days A Week, which gets my vote.
Lieutenant benny profane

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby danfrank on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:11 pm

i cant wait to play this map.. Epic battles are sure to be plantiful on this.. I am commenting on the castle names... Since it appears the map isnt an add on to feudal and it also doesnt represent feudal at all in those aspects ... then why are the castle names brought over from the original game.. I am just suggesting maybe to make them something different..
Sergeant danfrank

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Do it in the shape of Medieval Europe :P
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby Crissipos on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 pm

lets see, I'd also change the map name..
I also think the parts are clear enough, so the small map can be removed, it's a bit annoying :)

it would be nice if you can make it more 3D aswell, in the future, or change the graphics a bit
and lower the legend, so there's more room on the bottom
City Mogul 1v1 streak
106 won - 18 lost
Captain Crissipos

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Try Again on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:54 pm

i can't wait to play this map :D
Corporal Try Again

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby DiM on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 pm

i see people don't like the name and to be honest i don't like it either so just call it Feudal Golf Course :lol:

anyway i have no clue on the gameplay as i don't have time to study it but i have some graphic comments.

1. the minimap features different coloured continets but the main map is all green. why not put different shades of green on the large map also? it would be better looking and it would also help identify each continent easier
2. the river is bland. add some waves make the water depth fluctuate by making the colour darker or lighter also you could add some small affluents (sp? i mean the small rivers going into a larger one) just
3. the villages look like peanuts thrown in the grass. :mrgreen: add some roads smoke some crops (you already have some in Cen) some animal pens, etc
4. add names instead of numbers. i hate numbered terits cause i make mistakes :(

PS: i just realised a gameplay thing i don't like. each kingdom has just 1 border. that kinda sucks. don't know if it's a big deal in the overall gameplay but my first impression is that i don't like it. perhaps it's good perhaps it's not.

PPS: if anything that i wrote has already been discussed then ignore it i haven't read the thread :?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:36 am

DiM you know I missed you right?

DiM wrote:i see people don't like the name and to be honest i don't like it either so just call it Feudal Golf Course :lol:

I don't much like the name, but the yeti seems to want to stand his ground!

anyway i have no clue on the gameplay as i don't have time to study it but i have some graphic comments.

1. the minimap features different coloured continets but the main map is all green. why not put different shades of green on the large map also? it would be better looking and it would also help identify each continent easier

Breaking up the green is something I am putting thought into atm.

2. the river is bland. add some waves make the water depth fluctuate by making the colour darker or lighter also you could add some small affluents (sp? i mean the small rivers going into a larger one) just

We will see what can be done, the river currently has a little bit of dodge on it atm but I don't think it is enought.

3. the villages look like peanuts thrown in the grass. :mrgreen: add some roads smoke some crops (you already have some in Cen) some animal pens, etc

Will do

4. add names instead of numbers. i hate numbered terits cause i make mistakes :(

NO! pay more attention ;)

PS: i just realised a gameplay thing i don't like. each kingdom has just 1 border. that kinda sucks. don't know if it's a big deal in the overall gameplay but my first impression is that i don't like it. perhaps it's good perhaps it's not.

It has been discussed and seems to be a 50/50 split on opinions.

PPS: if anything that i wrote has already been discussed then ignore it i haven't read the thread :?

Getting lazy? ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:04 am

I still haven't heard a better name suggestion so all I say is "Meh" to the naysayers.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas