Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

gimil it does look better. Here is a tip that you may want to consider, When you turn up the contrast levels it will tend to get oversaturated and the colors will become a little "glowy". The way that I fine tune these levels is this. First set your contrast levels. You are basicly just looking at the black intensity. In this case that is your borders. After you get them to the desired blackness, then jump over to the saturation levels. They will probably need to come down a bit so as to reduce that glow effect. You can then play with the brightness and such, and jump back and forth until you get what you want.

Here is the biggest tip that I can offer on fine tuning. When you are adjusting a certain level, Do NOT do it in a manner, that only moves the bar in small increments. Instead, Grab a hold of that bar and swing it all the way up, and then all the way down. With a "rocking motion" just keep swinging it back and forth. As you do this let your swing get smaller and smaller. Your eyes will tell you exactly where the optimum point is. The main point here is not to be shy with the slider bar, by only move it a notch or two at a time. Your eyes are not able to dial it in this way, and you will have to keep returning to fart with it again. Hope this helps. ;)
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:18 pm

gimil wrote:This is them here benn. Thanks nobodies.

thenobodies80 wrote:http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c64/Gimil_01/FeudalEpicS-5.png - small version
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c64/Gimil_01/FeudalEpicL-4.png - large version
http://h1.ripway.com/killing44/Feudal.xml - xml

If those are the current images and xml you have to fix Ga'h 6,7,8 and 9, everything else is ok ;)

Nobodies

QUENCH

Same links
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:26 pm

porkenbeans wrote:gimil it does look better. Here is a tip that you may want to consider, When you turn up the contrast levels it will tend to get oversaturated and the colors will become a little "glowy". The way that I fine tune these levels is this. First set your contrast levels. You are basicly just looking at the black intensity. In this case that is your borders. After you get them to the desired blackness, then jump over to the saturation levels. They will probably need to come down a bit so as to reduce that glow effect. You can then play with the brightness and such, and jump back and forth until you get what you want.

Here is the biggest tip that I can offer on fine tuning. When you are adjusting a certain level, Do NOT do it in a manner, that only moves the bar in small increments. Instead, Grab a hold of that bar and swing it all the way up, and then all the way down. With a "rocking motion" just keep swinging it back and forth. As you do this let your swing get smaller and smaller. Your eyes will tell you exactly where the optimum point is. The main point here is not to be shy with the slider bar, by only move it a notch or two at a time. Your eyes are not able to dial it in this way, and you will have to keep returning to fart with it again. Hope this helps. ;)


Thanks pork, but I don't need a Photoshop lesson.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby MrBenn on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:13 pm

Image



          Beta - Quenching

---The Final Forge period has concluded for the Feudal Epic Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Beta Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for BETA Play. After an extended period of time in BETA and once all quirks and issues have been resolved, the map will be put into Full Play (barring any Lack vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

              Image
Image
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
User avatar
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member
 
Posts: 7059
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 am
Location: Off Duty
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby grifftron on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:36 pm

YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
‹army of nobunaga› me and so many other people including people in your own clan look at you as a joke
User avatar
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 3189
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:11 am
Location: Chiang Mai
Medals: 120
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby captainwalrus on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:46 pm

BAM!
I jizzed in my pants
~ CaptainWalrus
User avatar
Private 1st Class captainwalrus
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:19 pm
Location: Finnmark
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 pm

about time... :D sweet
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Major Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures
Medals: 140
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:19 pm

gimil wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:gimil it does look better. Here is a tip that you may want to consider, When you turn up the contrast levels it will tend to get oversaturated and the colors will become a little "glowy". The way that I fine tune these levels is this. First set your contrast levels. You are basicly just looking at the black intensity. In this case that is your borders. After you get them to the desired blackness, then jump over to the saturation levels. They will probably need to come down a bit so as to reduce that glow effect. You can then play with the brightness and such, and jump back and forth until you get what you want.

Here is the biggest tip that I can offer on fine tuning. When you are adjusting a certain level, Do NOT do it in a manner, that only moves the bar in small increments. Instead, Grab a hold of that bar and swing it all the way up, and then all the way down. With a "rocking motion" just keep swinging it back and forth. As you do this let your swing get smaller and smaller. Your eyes will tell you exactly where the optimum point is. The main point here is not to be shy with the slider bar, by only move it a notch or two at a time. Your eyes are not able to dial it in this way, and you will have to keep returning to fart with it again. Hope this helps. ;)


Thanks pork, but I don't need a Photoshop lesson.
I was trying to help.
BTW, You are wrong, and this is not the first "lesson" that I have given to you. You would think that you would be more appreciative.

gimil; This is my final say. I don't want to do much more of porker suggestions or it will become more his map than mine graphically.

I thought that the whole reason behind the Foundry, was to give each other a helping hand, and offer tips and suggestions.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 pm

porkenbeans wrote:I thought that the whole reason behind the Foundry, was to give each other a helping hand, and offer tips and suggestions.


Your right porker, that sounded a little harsher than I intended. My apologies.

Benn, no XML stamp?
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Congrats Gimil and C, and .44, nice work. :)
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby Jace22 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:30 pm

now hopefully you guys can get a nice, long, well deserved rest
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (15)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:03 pm

gimil wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:I thought that the whole reason behind the Foundry, was to give each other a helping hand, and offer tips and suggestions.


Your right porker, that sounded a little harsher than I intended. My apologies.

Benn, no XML stamp?
Thanks gimil. I am glad that you are starting to get me. I just want to be a helpful and useful member of the Foundry. I do not want to be perceived as a know-it-all or something. I will be the first to say out loud, that I have a whole lot to learn about photoshop. I am just an artist trying to learn this medium myself. 8-)
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant porkenbeans
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:06 pm
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby The Neon Peon on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Sorry about bringing this up after quench, and it is probably me seeing something that is not there, but...

It seems to me that there are two shades of color going on in the map, and they are separated by straight vertical lines. Take a look at:
- Tri 12
- Barbarians 2
- Cen 15

Click image to enlarge.
image


I've been known to see stuff that is not there before, but is anyone else noticing it?

My advice is to ignore this post and upload it. I just thought I might ask to see if I am growing more delusional about seeing all sorts of lines on maps that don't actually exist.
User avatar
Lieutenant The Neon Peon
 
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:49 pm
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:23 pm

I see it. But…ehh…
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:24 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:Sorry about bringing this up after quench, and it is probably me seeing something that is not there, but...

It seems to me that there are two shades of color going on in the map, and they are separated by straight vertical lines. Take a look at:
- Tri 12
- Barbarians 2
- Cen 15
....


No it's not just you...but now that you've pointed it out....yep it's there. :(
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login