Conquer Club

World 2.0/1 Map [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: World 2.0/1 Map [Quenched]

Postby Thezzaruz on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:05 am

WetLight wrote:A few things are not very clear, is New Zealand (because of the color) part of East Indies?

You might have found most of this out by now but anyway.

No, New Zeeland is a part of the Oceania bonus but not of the East Indies bonus. It might be somewhat confusing with the double levels of continent bonuses but IMO the colours and the legend are quite clear.

WetLight wrote:And if it is, (again because of the color) East Indies has 9 terrritories (or 10, is Hawaii because of the color part of the East Indies?)! If East Indies has 9 (or 10) territories and still worth only 4 troops, how come Russia with only 5 territories is worth 4 troops?

East Indies contains 6 territories (with 2 that only borders internally with other EI territs) and Russia contains 5 that all borders with other continents.

WetLight wrote:Furthermore, the African Horn (4 territories) is worth 3 troops while Australia (with 4 territories?!) is worth only 2??

The Horn contains 4 territs (1 internal) and Australia contains 3 territs (1 internal) plus the fact that The Horn is right smack in the middle of things while Australia is somewhat in a corner.

Yorick wrote:Is it part of South America or Antarctica?

Tierra del Fuego is a part of South America but not of La Plata, just as its colour shows.

WetLight wrote:And in La Plata is Tierra del Fuego part of La Plata? And Chile i suppose is part of nothing (i mean of bonus)??

See above, and Chile works just like Tierra del Fuego.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

an issue

Postby jbeaver on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:04 pm

in fog of war game i got message
X receives 6 troops for holding ?
the question is how is it possible to get +6 single bonus on this map?
Is it a map issue or a fog of war engine issue?
Colonel jbeaver

Re: an issue

Postby gimil on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:08 pm

jbeaver wrote:in fog of war game i got message
X receives 6 troops for holding ?
the question is how is it possible to get +6 single bonus on this map?
Is it a map issue or a fog of war engine issue?

It could be a +6 for holding europe. The way this map in paticular is coded you get:

+2 Scandanavia
+3 Western Europe
+6 for the rest of europe

=11 in total
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby vincent 346 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:15 am

I love this map! it's my favorite. One thing I would change is putting in eastern Pakistan or Bangladesh because when the British did the India split, they had some Pakistan on the west of India, and some Pakistan on the east of India, with a segment of India's land in between the two Pakistan portions. It would be hilarious putting this into the map. If a world map 2.2 is ever made, this should be done or putting in Bangladesh should be done.
Corporal 1st Class vincent 346

Postby cu chullain on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:22 pm

I'm not sure how the game mechanics act, or what flexibility there is, but is there any thought in World 2.2 where a player going in a position other than 1st gets some sort of "offset bonus." What I'm seeing is that by default, if you go 2nd in a 2 person game, as long as you're not playing an idiot, your territory bonus is going to yield 1 fewer troops, guaranteed. In a 3 person game, I see the same thing happen, but since there are 2 other people, even in 3rd you sometime keep enough to get 12 troops.

In addition, unless it is a completely even drop (which almost NEVER happens), whomever goes first really defines the game. If they're only 1 territory away from 2 small bonuses, respectively, or even 2 territories away from a larger bonus, once they secure it, it FORCES the 2nd player (in a 2 person game) to attack and try to take the bonuses away. If player 2 doesn't do so, not only are they in a small deficit from the loss of that initial troop in round 1, should they try to secure their own bonus(es), they are digging an even deeper whole, as the 1st player can now act with the bonuses already held. Player 1 (who now has an extra troop from round 1 and whatever bonus[es] they earned, assuming player 2 focuses on their own bonuses), can now focus on taking away the bonus(es) of player 2 or securing more of their own.

Again, I don't know if there's a way to work with the game mechanics, but this is my favorite map by far, but it puts player 2 in a 2 person game in a rather significant hole in about 80% of the games I've seen. I know that this could be said of virtually any other map, based on the randomness of the drop, but it seems that due to the larger number of troops received immediately, it manifests itself much more in World 2.1.
Sergeant 1st Class cu chullain

Postby AAFitz on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:32 pm

cu chullain wrote:I'm not sure how the game mechanics act, or what flexibility there is, but is there any thought in World 2.2 where a player going in a position other than 1st gets some sort of "offset bonus." What I'm seeing is that by default, if you go 2nd in a 2 person game, as long as you're not playing an idiot, your territory bonus is going to yield 1 fewer troops, guaranteed. In a 3 person game, I see the same thing happen, but since there are 2 other people, even in 3rd you sometime keep enough to get 12 troops.

In addition, unless it is a completely even drop (which almost NEVER happens), whomever goes first really defines the game. If they're only 1 territory away from 2 small bonuses, respectively, or even 2 territories away from a larger bonus, once they secure it, it FORCES the 2nd player (in a 2 person game) to attack and try to take the bonuses away. If player 2 doesn't do so, not only are they in a small deficit from the loss of that initial troop in round 1, should they try to secure their own bonus(es), they are digging an even deeper whole, as the 1st player can now act with the bonuses already held. Player 1 (who now has an extra troop from round 1 and whatever bonus[es] they earned, assuming player 2 focuses on their own bonuses), can now focus on taking away the bonus(es) of player 2 or securing more of their own.

Again, I don't know if there's a way to work with the game mechanics, but this is my favorite map by far, but it puts player 2 in a 2 person game in a rather significant hole in about 80% of the games I've seen. I know that this could be said of virtually any other map, based on the randomness of the drop, but it seems that due to the larger number of troops received immediately, it manifests itself much more in World 2.1.

I much prefer going first, but going second isnt that bad...its certainly better to get 11 rather than 12 on world, than 6 rather than 7 on another map, because that one army means more on a smaller map...on world, it doenst mean much, since one good roll could erase the advantage...What kills you is when they get great dice on round one, and you get down to ten...that is tough to jokey back from, but it still isnt as hard as on the medium sized maps in general

In the end, I always prefer good dice and drop rather than going first, because I can come back from going second...its much tougher to come back with bad dice... I much pref
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby sully800 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:48 pm

What's really bad in two player games is the possibility of easy continents. There are 3 continents with 3 territories each, so commonly get dropped to a single player. Yes its a small bonus, but when you get that as the first player it often seals the deal. I think its just a part of the game though, 2 player games on any map are largely determined by luck.
Major sully800

Postby Thezzaruz on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:37 am

cu chullain wrote:I'm not sure how the game mechanics act, or what flexibility there is, but is there any thought in World 2.2 where a player going in a position other than 1st gets some sort of "offset bonus."

This has been discussed and suggested before as it is something than effects many maps (and most more than this one tbh). The popular idea for solving it is making all first round bonuses be what they are at the start of the game instead of (as now) what they are at the start of your turn. Not really sure that this is completely possible and the powers that be haven't really come out as approving either. I would suggest to take it to the Suggs & Buggs forum (or possibly the "Not Maps" one).
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby railfrog on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 am

Think i have a bit of a problem with a certain 2.1 i'm playing. Number 3627277
I posted this in the BoB section, but it still has a prob with it turned off.
Will copy and paste from the BoB section...

Playin a 2.1 map, round 357.
Enter game - initialising BOB - Processing log.
After a short time ( 15 seconds? ) an error message appears.
"log downloading failed - would you like to retry?" Options are ok or cancel
Press ok and the box disappears but something is still happening in the background, then after about another 15 seconds the page goes completely blank.
If i press cancel, i can play the game, but only do one thing at a time before i have to reload to then do another thing. will explain further...press cancel - deploy troops - page freezes - have to reload - make the attack - page freezes - have to reload - advance any armies - page freezes - have to reload - reinforce any armies - page freezes - have to reload - end reinforcements - page freezes - have to reload - take snapshot - page freezes - go on to next game.
It only is happening on this one game as i have another 2.1 going ( round 196 ) which is fine. All my other games are classics and they are all ok.

Like i said i have also tried this with BoB turned off and it still does the same ( apart from the log downloading bit ).
After i have placed armies, have to refresh map then do the attack. Refresh again to reinforce...etc...etc

It has happened to another player in that game also.

Hoping someone can sort this out for me.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Major railfrog

Re: World 2.0/1 Map [Quenched] - BUG IN NORTH AMERICA

Postby 6_roller on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:48 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=5675116

I hold all of North America, and some of Central. (I am pink)

However.

2009-10-08 15:04:09 - Incrementing game to round 11
2009-10-08 16:37:03 - 6_roller received 4 troops for holding Canada
2009-10-08 16:37:03 - 6_roller received 3 troops for holding United States
2009-10-08 16:37:03 - 6_roller received 2 troops for holding Scandinavia
2009-10-08 16:37:03 - 6_roller received 8 troops for 24 regions

Note no whole of NA Bonus for 11.
Sergeant 6_roller

Postby MrBenn on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:55 pm

If you looked at the rest of the game log, you'd notice this:

2009-10-08 21:04:09 - Incrementing game to round 11
2009-10-08 22:37:03 - 6_roller received 4 troops for holding Canada
2009-10-08 22:37:03 - 6_roller received 3 troops for holding United States
2009-10-08 22:37:03 - 6_roller received 2 troops for holding Scandinavia
2009-10-08 22:37:03 - 6_roller received 8 troops for 24 regions
2009-10-08 22:38:14 - 6_roller deployed 4 troops on Guatemala
2009-10-08 22:38:43 - 6_roller deployed 2 troops on Mexico
2009-10-08 22:38:59 - 6_roller deployed 11 troops on Sakha
2009-10-08 22:39:07 - 6_roller assaulted Panama from Guatemala and conquered it from stvnb36
2009-10-09 04:09:45 - LuvinCullen247 assaulted Panama from Colombia and conquered it from 6_roller
2009-10-09 12:12:02 - Incrementing game to round 12
2009-10-09 12:24:33 - 6_roller assaulted Panama from Guatemala and conquered it from LuvinCullen247

I see no problem with the above - you never held the bonus at the beginning of your turn... (North America includes United States, Canada and Central America)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby 6_roller on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:33 pm

MrBenn wrote:If you looked at the rest of the game log, you'd notice this:

2009-10-08 21:04:09 - Incrementing game to round 11
2009-10-08 22:37:03 - 6_roller received 4 troops for holding Canada
2009-10-08 22:37:03 - 6_roller received 3 troops for holding United States
2009-10-08 22:37:03 - 6_roller received 2 troops for holding Scandinavia
2009-10-08 22:37:03 - 6_roller received 8 troops for 24 regions
2009-10-08 22:38:14 - 6_roller deployed 4 troops on Guatemala
2009-10-08 22:38:43 - 6_roller deployed 2 troops on Mexico
2009-10-08 22:38:59 - 6_roller deployed 11 troops on Sakha
2009-10-08 22:39:07 - 6_roller assaulted Panama from Guatemala and conquered it from stvnb36
2009-10-09 04:09:45 - LuvinCullen247 assaulted Panama from Colombia and conquered it from 6_roller
2009-10-09 12:12:02 - Incrementing game to round 12
2009-10-09 12:24:33 - 6_roller assaulted Panama from Guatemala and conquered it from LuvinCullen247

I see no problem with the above - you never held the bonus at the beginning of your turn... (North America includes United States, Canada and Central America)

Ah ok, it's not obvious from the map or from Geography :-) That north america includes central :-)
Sergeant 6_roller

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:51 pm

6_roller wrote:Ah ok, it's not obvious from the map or from Geography :-) That north america includes central :-)

Err, well firstly the map makes it very clear from the color schemes and the minimap, as well as the text legend. However, I don't find the fact that North America includes Central America in well-known geography debatable in the leastā€¦
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Distorted world

Postby paulk on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello everybody and excuse me if I would be repeating a thought that has been discussed before.
I have not read through all the 54 pages in this thread since I just discovered it, but I have had an idea about the world map too that I played around with a little a few days ago.

My idea is fairly simple. On a regular world map you cant fit in all the countries. But on a distorted one you could. The relation between countries would still be the same, only the look would be enlarged or decreased depending on how many countries had to fit in an area.

This is the result of what I played around with. I am sure it can be re-drawn much better by someone with better knowledge about graphical programs. I fitted it all in a 600px x 630px map.

Major paulk

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Why was this merged?
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Last 2 players Bug

Postby 6_roller on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Adjacent
No Round 35

Round 34 Yellow plays, kills Orange and Nearly kills me. Has most of the world.

As soon as I start to play, he takes another turn and re-inforces w-australia, and finishes, getting spoils that at the end of my turn, he hasn't got...plus, he's had a double turn.
Which the game then kicks in and says, I have to wait 12 hours for...

Seems a tad biased towards the player who takes the game down from 3 to 2, as you get 2 turns back to back.

I should add at this point, if I could complete my turn, I'd win the game....and also the other player started their turn after me....

Perhaps it should be around who started their turn last, not who finishes it. Otherwise if all the other players complete as player one has started and finished, it would lock surely?
Sergeant 6_roller

Postby MrBenn on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:10 pm

There's nothing wrong with what you've described - it's one of the quirks of freestyle.

Yes, you probably would have won the game if yellow didn't take his turn when he did - but it's not a probalem with the map or the game settings.

If you want to be assured of playing your turn without being interrupted, then I'd suggest avoiding freestyle games. The downside of sequential from your perspective, is that as a freemium player, 8 player games will take a lot longer...

Anyway, we've established that there's nothing wrong with the map - if you have further issues, raise a new thread in suggs & bugs ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby 6_roller on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:08 pm

MrBenn wrote:There's nothing wrong with what you've described - it's one of the quirks of freestyle.

Yes, you probably would have won the game if yellow didn't take his turn when he did - but it's not a problem with the map or the game settings.

If you want to be assured of playing your turn without being interrupted, then I'd suggest avoiding freestyle games. The downside of sequential from your perspective, is that as a freemium player, 8 player games will take a lot longer...

Anyway, we've established that there's nothing wrong with the map - if you have further issues, raise a new thread in suggs & bugs ;-)

It's not so much the getting interrupted, it's more the one player gets 2 trns back to back, the other doesn't...

Where pray tell is the suggs and buggs thread? :-)
Sergeant 6_roller

Postby MrBenn on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:29 am

6_roller wrote:It's not so much the getting interrupted, it's more the one player gets 2 trns back to back, the other doesn't...

Where pray tell is the suggs and buggs thread? :-)

Errr.... Yellow didn't take two turns back-to-back - you had started your turn, enabling him to start his...

The Suggs and Bugs forum is here: viewforum.php?f=4
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby railfrog on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:21 pm

railfrog wrote:Think i have a bit of a problem with a certain 2.1 i'm playing. Number 3627277
I posted this in the BoB section, but it still has a prob with it turned off.
Will copy and paste from the BoB section...

Playin a 2.1 map, round 357.
Enter game - initialising BOB - Processing log.
After a short time ( 15 seconds? ) an error message appears.
"log downloading failed - would you like to retry?" Options are ok or cancel
Press ok and the box disappears but something is still happening in the background, then after about another 15 seconds the page goes completely blank.
If i press cancel, i can play the game, but only do one thing at a time before i have to reload to then do another thing. will explain further...press cancel - deploy troops - page freezes - have to reload - make the attack - page freezes - have to reload - advance any armies - page freezes - have to reload - reinforce any armies - page freezes - have to reload - end reinforcements - page freezes - have to reload - take snapshot - page freezes - go on to next game.
It only is happening on this one game as i have another 2.1 going ( round 196 ) which is fine. All my other games are classics and they are all ok.

Like i said i have also tried this with BoB turned off and it still does the same ( apart from the log downloading bit ).
After i have placed armies, have to refresh map then do the attack. Refresh again to reinforce...etc...etc

It has happened to another player in that game also.

Hoping someone can sort this out for me.

Have managed to do a work around which works fine.

On the map your playing, go to BoB menu, then map options and set "load full log" to no.

Works ok
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Major railfrog

Postby smartin23 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:01 am

A quick question for the map. Is it possible to attack from British claim to Chile? When I looked first it looks like, but now I think not. What is right?
Sergeant 1st Class smartin23

Postby natty dread on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:11 am

No, Tierra del fuego is in between.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby jimmy the genius on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:12 am

i am also new to conquer club just playing my first games now actually but have been a huge risk fan for years but never had people to play with let me just say it is great to not only find people want to play but people like yourself that want to try new and different things and explore the passion they have for the game. no matter what happens with the map keep up the good work and i look forward to playing some of these awsome creations soon
Private jimmy the genius

Postby Slick13 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:22 am

Today, i was making my moves. I clearly have the Mexico bonus, but i was only allow to deployed 4 troops for my regions.

2010-03-09 09:39:27 - Slick13 received 4 troops for 13 regions
2010-03-09 09:39:58 - Slick13 deployed 1 troops on Panama
2010-03-09 09:40:02 - Slick13 deployed 1 troops on Mexico
2010-03-09 09:40:24 - Slick13 deployed 2 troops on Cuba
2010-03-09 09:40:42 - Slick13 assaulted Southern USA from Cuba and conquered it from awlly
2010-03-09 09:40:48 - Slick13 ended the turn and got spoils

Thanks,

Slick13
Lieutenant Slick13

Re: World 2.0/1 Map [Quenched] Map Bug

Postby Slick13 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:57 am

Greetings CC,
In regards to Game 6525367
Round 7
2010-03-07 13:47:35 - Slick13 received 3 troops for holding Indian Subcontinent
2010-03-07 13:47:35 - Slick13 received 4 troops for holding Far East
2010-03-07 13:47:35 - Slick13 received 5 troops for 16 regions
2010-03-07 13:47:52 - Slick13 deployed 12 troops on Congo
2010-03-07 13:48:00 - Slick13 assaulted Kenya from Congo and conquered it from glen gravel
2010-03-07 13:48:08 - Slick13 assaulted Somalia from Kenya and conquered it from glen gravel
2010-03-07 13:48:11 - Slick13 assaulted Ethiopia from Somalia and conquered it from glen gravel
2010-03-07 13:48:14 - Slick13 assaulted Sudan from Ethiopia and conquered it from glen gravel
2010-03-07 13:48:22 - Slick13 reinforced Kenya with 2 troops from Cameroon
2010-03-07 13:48:22 - Slick13 ended the turn and got spoils

Round 8
2010-03-09 11:13:41 - Slick13 received 6 troops for 19 regions
2010-03-09 11:16:57 - Slick13 deployed 3 troops on Somalia
2010-03-09 11:17:01 - Slick13 deployed 2 troops on Sudan
2010-03-09 11:17:03 - Slick13 deployed 1 troops on Kenya
2010-03-09 11:17:09 - Slick13 assaulted Chad from Sudan and conquered it from bradandmichele
2010-03-09 11:17:16 - Slick13 reinforced Sudan with 2 troops from Egypt
2010-03-09 11:17:16 - Slick13 ended the turn and got spoils

I did not received any troops for my bonuses for Indian Subcontinent, Far East, and The Horn. I am guessing these troops will beable to deployed on at the end of my next turn.

Thanks,

Slick13
Lieutenant Slick13

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas