Poison Rome [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: POISON ROME V4 - Map Underway - please discuss!

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:43 pm

e_i_pi wrote:cairnswk, love the idea of this map, brilliant. Is it Poison Rome or Posion Rome, because the thread title, and the map title are different?

Woops! :oops:
let me fix that and reload/refresh

Private cairnswk

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Anyone got anything to say about this gameplay?
Private cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby e_i_pi on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 am

cairnswk wrote:Anyone got anything to say about this gameplay?

I don't understand how the attack routes work between sons and daughters. For instance who can Drusus Caeser attack?

Another query - The +4 bonus between Agrippina and Germanicus, what family members are included there?

I need to know these before I can comment on gameplay
Captain e_i_pi

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:35 pm

e_i_pi wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Anyone got anything to say about this gameplay?

I don't understand how the attack routes work between sons and daughters. For instance who can Drusus Caeser attack?

the legend says family unit members borders each other. therefore under classic gameplay conditions everyone can attack everyone else in that family unit.

Drusus Caesar can attack Agrippina (daughter) Julia Livilla, Nero Caesar, Cailgula, Drusilla, Agrippina (mother) and Germanicus since they are the family members that belong in that unit. I will have to note Agrippina as being Elder & Younger.
He cannot attack Lucius Longinus nor Caesonia nor Claudius nor Gnaeus Domitiius Ahenobrabus as they are married to his siblings.

Another query - The +4 bonus between Agrippina and Germanicus, what family members are included there?

Agrippina (daughter) Julia Livilla, Nero Caesar, Drusus Caesar, Cailgula, Drusilla, Agrippina (mother) and Germanicus.

I need to know these before I can comment on gameplay

Of course, but i didn't think it was that hard to determine who was in whose family. :o
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:29 pm

Perhaps i could make Agrippina the Younger -> call her Agripinnella, i think that is what she is called in the TV Series I Claudius.
Private cairnswk

Postby InkL0sed on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:05 pm

It would work anyway, since the -ella inflection is a diminutive.

So, just to clarify, by "family", you mean ONLY the father, mother, and children?
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby MrBenn on Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:38 am

InkL0sed wrote:So, just to clarify, by "family", you mean ONLY the father, mother, and children?

Somehow this needs to be made clearer from the map.

I've only just noticed the gods in the corners... It would be nice if there was more to draw attention to them - maybe some mural/mosaic or something?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:21 am

InkL0sed wrote:It would work anyway, since the -ella inflection is a diminutive.

So, just to clarify, by "family", you mean ONLY the father, mother, and children?

Well the immediate family unit was made up of the husband and wife plus any children from that union.
Private cairnswk

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:18 pm

cairnswk wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:It would work anyway, since the -ella inflection is a diminutive.

Well the immediate family unit was made up of the husband and wife plus any children from that union.

Like MrBenn said, that should be clearer.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:34 pm

InkL0sed wrote:...
Like MrBenn said, that should be clearer.

Would you suggest

Family unit includes husband and wife and any children from that union

be placed on the legend.

Or is it the graphic that needs fixing?
Private cairnswk

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:43 pm

If you can figure out a graphical way, that'd be the best. But I can't see how you'd do it. Text would be enough, though.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Re: POISON ROME V5

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:44 am

Version 5

1. Agripinella name fixed.
2. Outside framework in place
3. some work on the legend, particularly the family unit explanation

Still to do: the mosaic on the gods - working on it.

Question: do you want some slanted roofs on some of the blocks as seen in Sextus' house at the top of the map, to fill some of the real estate and give the map the looks of some housing.

Private cairnswk

Postby MrBenn on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:18 am

InkL0sed wrote:If you can figure out a graphical way, that'd be the best. But I can't see how you'd do it. Text would be enough, though.

Perhaps a very slight shading - it only needs to be a marginal tint - for each family might help... something like the colour differential on the Middle East map might work, without affecting the overall appearance you've got so far??
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:42 am

MrBenn wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:If you can figure out a graphical way, that'd be the best. But I can't see how you'd do it. Text would be enough, though.

Perhaps a very slight shading - it only needs to be a marginal tint - for each family might help... something like the colour differential on the Middle East map might work, without affecting the overall appearance you've got so far??

But that isn't possible. As you see Julius Caesar has 3 families 'coz he has 3 different wives, plus his fourth family from his parentage. The Middle East map has quite distinct colour variations and there would be too many needed for this map.
Private cairnswk

Re: POISON ROME V5 (P2) - Family planning

Postby MrBenn on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:25 pm

I've just realised what you're getting at... my mind is now boggling at the bonus structure here... :?
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:30 pm

MrBenn wrote:I've just realised what you're getting at... my mind is now boggling at the bonus structure here... :?

Different, isn't it?
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Version 5

1. Agripinella name fixed.
2. Outside framework in place
3. some work on the legend, particularly the family unit explanation

Still to do: the mosaic on the gods - working on it.

Question: do you want some slanted roofs on some of the blocks as seen in Sextus' house at the top of the map, to fill some of the real estate and give the map the looks of some housing.

Private cairnswk

Postby MrBenn on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Are you intending on keeping the orange numbers (that I'm assuming indicate the family-bonus-value) as they are? I had initially thought they represented some sort of starting army value...
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:11 am

MrBenn wrote:Are you intending on keeping the orange numbers (that I'm assuming indicate the family-bonus-value) as they are? I had initially thought they represented some sort of starting army value...

Well yes. those are gold wedding rings.
Do you have another suggestion
Private cairnswk

Postby Incandenza on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:26 am

Okay, after looking at this a few times I think I get it. But I think the names are going to present difficulties... i.e. I count four terits called "Julia Caesaris", to say nothing of the various Gaius Julius Caesar entries, or Tiberius Claudius Nero vs. Tiberius Claudius Nero.

How are you planning on differentiating them?
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:35 am

Incandenza wrote:Okay, after looking at this a few times I think I get it. But I think the names are going to present difficulties... i.e. I count four terits called "Julia Caesaris", to say nothing of the various Gaius Julius Caesar entries, or Tiberius Claudius Nero vs. Tiberius Claudius Nero.

How are you planning on differentiating them?

Well the Julia Caesaris may have to be I, II, III, IV (keep them in Roman numerals lest the forum be upset ;) )

Perhaps for Nero and Claudius etc (not Julius Caesar), perhaps their name prefixed by "Emporer"

How would that do?
Private cairnswk

Postby MrBenn on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Emperor would be better :lol:
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Re: POISON ROME V6

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:18 pm

MrBenn wrote:Emperor would be better :lol:

of course

Just a preview of the large

Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Private cairnswk

Re: POISON ROME V6 (P3) - Poll for continuity?

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Poll for continuity of this map, please express your opinions.
Private cairnswk

Next

Return to The Atlas