Poison Rome [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [POLL] POISON ROME V6 (P3) - For continuity?

Postby yeti_c on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:08 am

Incandenza wrote:Well, speaking of the whole poison/fig concept...

Julia Livilla is a bit hard to get to, and I fear that that would be an exceedingly powerful terit to get on the drop. Perhaps she and Livia should start neutral as well. Controlling one or both of them should be a strategic decision.... could also be interesting if they could attack/bombard each other.

Or potentially be attacked from the gods? (I don't know the history here - but did the gods tell them to do it?)

But neutrals also sounds like a good idea to me.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Incandenza on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:12 am

yeti_c wrote:
Incandenza wrote:Well, speaking of the whole poison/fig concept...

Julia Livilla is a bit hard to get to, and I fear that that would be an exceedingly powerful terit to get on the drop. Perhaps she and Livia should start neutral as well. Controlling one or both of them should be a strategic decision.... could also be interesting if they could attack/bombard each other.

Or potentially be attacked from the gods? (I don't know the history here - but did the gods tell them to do it?)

But neutrals also sounds like a good idea to me.

C.

I kinda like the concept of the gods attacking/bombarding the lethal chicks. Makes them more than just small bonuses accessible only by attacking neutrals.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby yeti_c on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:23 am

Incandenza wrote:lethal chicks.

I really do love your turn of phrase.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Incandenza on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:33 am

yeti_c wrote:

C.

I do have my moments.

And let the record show that I am in favor of aggressive fictionalization for this map, especially as regards the many names that occur more than once. No one's ever heard of any of the various Julia Caesaris broads. Would it kill the overall concept of the map to change a few of those names? (I'm reasonably confident you would get few, if any, angry PMs complaining about monkeying around with the verifiable history of the family in question, and even so, those few angry-PM-senders are losers and must be ignored).
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Re: [POLL] POISON ROME V7

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Incandenza wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

I do have my moments.
And let the record show that I am in favor of aggressive fictionalization for this map, especially as regards the many names that occur more than once. No one's ever heard of any of the various Julia Caesaris broads. Would it kill the overall concept of the map to change a few of those names? (I'm reasonably confident you would get few, if any, angry PMs complaining about monkeying around with the verifiable history of the family in question, and even so, those few angry-PM-senders are losers and must be ignored).

Version 7.
This opens up Julius Caesar to another avenue of outside attack from Emperor Augustus through adoption - yes there were symbolic adoptions

Also, i have possible solved the Julia Caesaris too many names situation.

and....am trying to bring every name down to 2 where possible.

FOR DISUSSION....there is a possible further link to Julius Caesar from outside attack....if we bring Cleopatra into the picture.....that would create a link through marriage between Mark Antony <-> Cleopatra <-> Julius Caesar and don't forget there was a son to Cleopatra and Julis Caesar -> Caesarion.
Would this be feasible?

Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:29 pm

Does adoption count as a member of the bonus continent?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby MrBenn on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:12 pm

I think the adoption routes make it too easy to expand from one Emperor to another??
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (6)
Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby MrBenn on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:12 pm

[Advanced Draft]
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (6)
Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:13 pm

yeti_c wrote:Does adoption count as a member of the bonus continent?

C.

Good point C.
I would rather say no, there is no added bonus for adoption, and i will have to mark that on the map.
But it is simply a way of linking that side of the map back to J Caesar.
Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:15 pm

MrBenn wrote:[Advanced Draft]

Thanks Mr Benn.

MrBenn wrote:I think the adoption routes make it too easy to expand from one Emperor to another??

I agree. But since they start neutral that wouldn't be an issue at the start until those Emperors were "born"
Corporal cairnswk

Postby yeti_c on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:18 pm

cairnswk wrote:
yeti_c wrote:Does adoption count as a member of the bonus continent?

C.

Good point C.
I would rather say no, there is no added bonus for adoption, and i will have to mark that on the map.
But it is simply a way of linking that side of the map back to J Caesar.

I think NO would work better too.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:25 pm

yeti_c wrote:....

C.

Huh! sorry i don't understand what you are saying here
Corporal cairnswk

Postby yeti_c on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:30 pm

cairnswk wrote:

C.

No to adoption = part of family bonus.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:40 pm

yeti_c wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

C.

No to adoption = part of family bonus.

C.

Cool
Corporal cairnswk

Re: [POLL] POISON ROME V7

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:45 pm

cairnswk wrote:...
FOR DISUSSION....there is a possible further link to Julius Caesar from outside attack....if we bring Cleopatra into the picture.....that would create a link through marriage between Mark Antony <-> Cleopatra <-> Julius Caesar and don't forget there was a son to Cleopatra and Julis Caesar -> Caesarion.
Would this be feasible?

Is this a good idea?
Corporal cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas