Peloponnesian War [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Peloponnesian War [Done]

Postby Rodion on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Can you give me a link showing which neutrals have 1,2,3 and 6 armies in it?
Brigadier Rodion

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Rodion on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:05 am

Rodion wrote:Can you give me a link showing which neutrals have 1,2,3 and 6 armies in it?

Nevermind that, I just searched for a round 1 sunny game.
Brigadier Rodion

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby nebsmith on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 am

I really like this map but I think there is an imbalance on it in some settings - fog with 8 players and probably fog with 7.

Starting on Persians with these settings you can take Dorian Cyclidians (swords) and have 2 or 3 neutral 6's between you and other players in that direction. A fairly well defended back door that you don't get elswhere on the map and the players on Romans and Skyros are likely going to run into each other before they can head towards you on Dorian Cyclidians.

This leaves you free to place most of your armies on Halicarnasans to break through the neutral 6 and take out the player starting on Icaria, who has to worry about 2 fronts.

If you succeed at this you are close to taking another sword on Phrygians while holding 15+ fairly safe territories, still only worrying about one front yourself. At this point you are in a pretty strong position and should be able to build for an attack through Phrygians to the next player (also having to worry about 2 fronts) while Dorian Cyclidians is still relatively safe.
Sergeant nebsmith

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (12)

Postby lostatlimbo on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:23 pm

I love this map, but it positively sucks to have Sykros be one of your two starting positions in 1v1. It is the most useless starting position by far because it is completely locked in. There's no way to grow from it. I know I will lose the game every time that I get Sykros. It really should be excluded from the starting positions - at least for 2 players.

$.02
Lieutenant lostatlimbo

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Re: Pelopponesian War [Done]

Postby MPAR2 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 am

I think that you should add Sicily because in the Pelopponesian wars the war went and in Sicily and also is there were the Athenians lost a big battle against the Spartans. After the battle with the Spartans in Sicily the Athenians were destroyed because they didnt had army and warships and the alliance that they have done with the other city-states was destroyed. So in the Pelloponesian war Sicily is very important to be added in the map because from there not the battle but the whole war was decided.The army that the Athenians send to Italy was very huge it was 5.000 infantry 100 warships and some horses this army was very huge for that time of the history (431 bC) and Athens lost almost all of that army.It was a disaster and then was that Euripidis made his theatrical play that was based on the Sicilian campaign and was telling in few words that the Athenians shouldnt have trusted the politicians who had betrayed them with words full of lies.If the Pelopponesian wars hadnt happened the world wouldnt be like it is now !
Private MPAR2

Postby EddieMay on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:58 pm

maybe at the beginning of this thread you could leave a stating position map for all the region values
Major EddieMay

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby EASTOFEDEN on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:29 pm

how does one get to Argives? I notice no one goes towards this area.
Captain EASTOFEDEN

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:55 am

EASTOFEDEN wrote:how does one get to Argives? I notice no one goes towards this area.

What do you mean here? :?

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Previous

Return to The Atlas