Peloponnesian War [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Peloponesian wars 431 BC-experimental draft page 1

Postby Qwert on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:10 am

by Ntetos on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:24 pm

I think you should add South Italy and Sicily.

I know these,but size restriction its not alove these.Its imposible to add all territory where Greek have hes colony.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Meditron on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:03 pm

I think this would make a great map, and based on the preliminary image you've got up it looks like it'd be a good one to play one. SO in answer to your general question, yes I think another Ancient Greek map would be just fine especially with better game play mechanics.

Also you could probably combine some of the lesser city states in the war to consolidate the massive amount that were involved in the conflict.
Sergeant 1st Class Meditron

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Qwert on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:14 pm

by Meditron on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:03 am

I think this would make a great map, and based on the preliminary image you've got up it looks like it'd be a good one to play one. SO in answer to your general question, yes I think another Ancient Greek map would be just fine especially with better game play mechanics.

Also you could probably combine some of the lesser city states in the war to consolidate the massive amount that were involved in the conflict.

Well i have some idea,that these map will be similar to Imperium Romanum, but with soma changes-first that these map will have Gameplay Objective,like "hold Sparta,Athens,Thebes,Corinth,Argos (maybe some more Famous Cities) to win a game".
Second- i thinking to create Starting positions,similar to Das Scloss,where you start and nobody can kill you.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Qwert on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:36 pm

im preparing some new update(colour update)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MrBenn on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:59 am

It looks like you're going ahead with this... and as you have a rough draft, I'll move you into the drafting room...

[moved]
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (6)
Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby Balsiefen on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:27 pm

I think to avoid over-similarity to the current greece map, you should have some kind of gameplay quirk. However, I'm afraid I'm short of ideas on what.
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Qwert on Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:32 pm

qwert wrote
Well i have some idea,that these map will be similar to Imperium Romanum, but with soma changes-first that these map will have Gameplay Objective,like "hold Sparta,Athens,Thebes,Corinth,Argos (maybe some more Famous Cities) to win a game".
Second- i thinking to create Starting positions,similar to Das Scloss,where you start and nobody can kill you.

Something like that?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:45 pm

could be good. i think the gameplay will be much different, especially if the theme is war... so go for it!
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Qwert on Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:59 pm

ok here we go new update, so far i have 81 territory,and maybe i will add 3-4 more,but these is max for these ,map.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Peloponesian wars 431 BC-FRESH UPDATE page 1-2

Postby Balsiefen on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:10 pm

V Nice update but where are you going to put the army no's for corinthians and megarians?

And the gameplay ideas sound good, it'll be interesting to see them
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Qwert on Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:16 pm

by Balsiefen on Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:10 am

V Nice update but where are you going to put the army no's for corinthians and megarians?

And the gameplay ideas sound good, it'll be interesting to see them

Good old inset sistem ;)
Any way these is still in developmental stage,i just give image to people can se what can expect.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby el-presidente on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:06 pm

It's fucking genious! It would take great strategy and manovering to conquer and would be a great map for diplomatic battles as well.
Private el-presidente

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:02 pm

Looks great. I can't wait to see how you develop this map. We need more maps around here with larger numbers of territories.
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Postby Qwert on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:58 am

by el-presidente on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:06 am

It's ******* genious! It would take great strategy and manovering to conquer and would be a great map for diplomatic battles as well.

Diplomatic Battles?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Meditron on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:41 pm

Love the starting image, this will be a great a strategic map by the looks of it, lots of maneuvering possibilities as well. Heck I'd even be happy to see it without continent bonuses, just a straight battle to the finish. Also this is way different than the Ancient Greece map now, so I don't think any gimmicks of any kind would really be needed, it'd be a wonderfully strategic straightforward conquest map.
Sergeant 1st Class Meditron

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas