Atlantis - v43 - BETA - P32[D,Gp,Gr,FF,XML,BETA]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Lost Islands of Atlantis UPDATE v2.4 map

Postby Premier2k on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:13 am

Updated the 2.4 image by adding continent names.

Good work to Nemesischild for completing those.

Premier2k
Corporal Premier2k

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Androidz on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:42 am

I've made something simmilar but with a diffrent gameplay if you want to use it and wait for the xml to change this map can turn out even better^^

as i like the graphics=)

viewtopic.php?f=242&t=57173&hilit=Atlantis
Private Androidz

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Premier2k on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:51 am

Androidz wrote:I've made something simmilar but with a diffrent gameplay if you want to use it and wait for the xml to change this map can turn out even better^^
as i like the graphics=)

Hi Androidz,

I have had a look at your gameplay idea, I like it but I don't think it would work for our Atlantis map.
That said, it may suit our next map we have planned (assuming this one is successful), we may want to tweak it slightly as it seems quite complex. I shall chat with my team-mate and when the time comes we may approach you.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our map!

Premier2k
Corporal Premier2k

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby Androidz on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:53 am

Premier2k wrote:
Androidz wrote:I've made something simmilar but with a diffrent gameplay if you want to use it and wait for the xml to change this map can turn out even better^^
as i like the graphics=)

Hi Androidz,

I have had a look at your gameplay idea, I like it but I don't think it would work for our Atlantis map.
That said, it may suit our next map we have planned (assuming this one is successful), we may want to tweak it slightly as it seems quite complex. I shall chat with my team-mate and when the time comes we may approach you.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our map!

Premier2k

Sure=) np
Private Androidz

Re: Lost Islands of Atlantis UPDATE v2.5 is now available!!!

Postby Premier2k on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:46 pm

Version 2.5 is now available and shows off the map design, very little will be changing from now. All we need to add is the bonus information on the map. We are currently designing this and will post v3.0 as soon as it becomes available.

Please keep commenting and showing support for this map!

Ideas and Suggestions always welcome!

Premier2k
Corporal Premier2k

Re: Lost Islands of Atlantis UPDATE v2.5 NEW POLL!

Postby NemesisChild on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Having now seen the numbers on the territories on here I think they need a little rework / redoing completely
not sure exactly why I don't like them but I don't.
There will be an update to follow the last version, with new territory numbering

can anyone else suggest any changes I want to know if this is going anywhere before I get stuck in to the xml.

N.
Blackadder: Awh, God, God, God. What on earth was I drinking last night? My head feels like there's a Frenchman living in it. Where am I?

Click here to discover the lost islands of Atlantis...
Private NemesisChild

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Re: Lost Islands of Atlantis UPDATE v2.5 NEW POLL!

Postby Premier2k on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:31 pm

I agree Nem, I have been looking at this a few times. It still seems hard to see, but there is something else missing as well.

I also think we need to rethink the docks idea as I have worked out the bonuses and they seem far too high. This is because nearly every territory can attack any other territory. When putting this information into the bonus generator it increases the bonuses by a large jump.
I think we need to get together and rethink both this and the territory numbers.

If anyone has any suggestions to fix this please post here with ideas. Any help anyone can give is much appreciated!

Premier2k
Corporal Premier2k

Re: Atlantis v3.0 REVAMP

Postby Premier2k on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:05 am

Please note, we have done a complete revamp of the design, bonus structure and gameplay.

Comments welcome!

Thanks All!

Premier2k and Nemesischild
Corporal Premier2k

Postby MrBenn on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Click image to enlarge.

This is a good draft.

I can't see anything on it to indicate what the region bonuses are going to be - assuming that the different coloured areas are going to collect bonuses?

The map feels big, almost for the sake of it. You're within the size restriction for the large, but you may struggle to shrink down for the small map, especially as you're going to need to put territory names on there somewhere too.

You've explained your attack routes on the legend, but I think the 'opposite docks' is confusing - particularly as they don't all face each other.

It's a good start, and I'm interested to see what happens to it.

For future reference, please could you add an updated image to the end of the thread, as well as the first post, as it helps people to follow the development, and will help people to tie comments to particular versions.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby Premier2k on Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi MrBenn,

MrBenn wrote:I can't see anything on it to indicate what the region bonuses are going to be - assuming that the different coloured areas are going to collect bonuses?

Yes, we have a minimap being developed to go onto the map as well. That will be ready tommorow I expect.

MrBenn wrote:The map feels big, almost for the sake of it. You're within the size restriction for the large, but you may struggle to shrink down for the small map, especially as you're going to need to put territory names on there somewhere too.

We are going to put numbers on the territories as done in Fuedal War. One of our more original drafts was much smaller but people complained it was too small with too few territories so we have expanded it. This also fits in with our idea of creating the large chain of islands that formed Atlantis (loosely based on Plato's description). I have shrunk the map down to within the smaller specs for testing and it seems to be ok, once we have the minimap on I shall post the smaller version as well.

MrBenn wrote:You've explained your attack routes on the legend, but I think the 'opposite docks' is confusing - particularly as they don't all face each other.

I agree, this is something we are working on addressing for the next version.

MrBenn wrote:For future reference, please could you add an updated image to the end of the thread, as well as the first post, as it helps people to follow the development, and will help people to tie comments to particular versions.

I'll do this for future versions!

MrBenn wrote:It's a good start, and I'm interested to see what happens to it.

Thankyou MrBenn, we appreciate the support.

Premier2k
Corporal Premier2k

Re: Atlantis v4.0 COMPLETE!

Postby Premier2k on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:23 pm

OK! We now have a Version 4.0!

This is now the complete map!

Large Version 4.0
Click image to enlarge.

Small Version

Changes made in Version 4.0
    Added the MiniMap
    Added the bonus information
    Added Territory numbers
    Changed position of the docks
    Moved some of the borders around

We have addressed and fixed all comments raised.
We have improved the locations of the docks so now they are all opposite each other (as opposite as we can be anyway). We have increased the numbers of territories as requested as well. We have made both the smaller and large version of the map available for people to see.

Comments please!

Premier2k
Corporal Premier2k

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:50 pm

this looks great, i really enjoy it, but i think the "opposite docks" attack route isn't quite clear.

you could say... docks connect inner and outer rings on the same line of sight
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby NemesisChild on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:47 am

Cheers whites.
the docks thing is something we are looking at still,
at the moment it is defintely the weak point of the map
we are going to look at ways of solving it.
might try your wording as well as having a look at creating some visible links

Nemesis
Blackadder: Awh, God, God, God. What on earth was I drinking last night? My head feels like there's a Frenchman living in it. Where am I?

Private NemesisChild

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Postby bryguy on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:57 am

i like it :)

dont have much time to comment, except for a few thinks -

1) in the legend, you put 'Explorer boats can bombard other botas', is that on purpose or did u just accidentally misspell boats?

2) later on in the legend you misspell 'attack', you spell it 'atack'
Corporal bryguy

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Androidz on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:00 am

Just one pikky comment from me.

When i hear atlantis im thinking on a city hidden in deep sea. When i see your map i see verry lightblue sea which means its verry high lifted.

So pliss make the sea darker, maybe a sort of bubble around it but that might a bit hard to make..

And if its suppose to be above water in any case its to light to look like water.
Private Androidz

Postby Premier2k on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:55 pm

bryguy wrote:i like it :)

dont have much time to comment, except for a few thinks -

1) in the legend, you put 'Explorer boats can bombard other botas', is that on purpose or did u just accidentally misspell boats?

2) later on in the legend you misspell 'attack', you spell it 'atack'

Hi bryguy,

Yes the spelling mistakes are mistakes. We will correct these for the next version. We had spotted the botas error but not the atack error. So well spotted! :D

Androidz wrote:Just one pikky comment from me.

When i hear atlantis im thinking on a city hidden in deep sea. When i see your map i see verry lightblue sea which means its verry high lifted.

So pliss make the sea darker, maybe a sort of bubble around it but that might a bit hard to make..

And if its suppose to be above water in any case its to light to look like water.

Thank you for your comments.
We will look at adjusting the colour of the blue and making it look more 'sea' like for the next version. We may darken it slightly and add lighter points nearer the islands to indicate shallower water.
Corporal Premier2k

Postby MrBenn on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Androidz wrote:When i hear atlantis im thinking on a city hidden in deep sea.

Hmmm.... for once, I have to agree with Androidz... I know you've based the map on what Atlantis may have looked like, but the connotations of the name are 'Underwater'... check out this google search :-k
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby Androidz on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:33 pm

MrBenn wrote:
Androidz wrote:When i hear atlantis im thinking on a city hidden in deep sea.

Hmmm.... for once, I have to agree with Androidz... I know you've based the map on what Atlantis may have looked like, but the connotations of the name are 'Underwater'... check out this google search :-k

For once? :evil:
Private Androidz

Postby ZeakCytho on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:43 pm

IIRC, Atlantis was a city/chain of islands that was buried beneath the waves by the Gods because its people did something wrong. This, I take it, is a map before it was sunk, as written about by Plato.
Captain ZeakCytho

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby MrBenn on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:53 pm

In which case, the boats (especially the speed boat) really seem out of place...
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby Premier2k on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:10 am

Hi all,

Updates

An update to the map with new version of 'sea'
Fixed spelling mistakes!
Changed Attack to Assault :lol:
Changed text as advised by whites

Next version we are looking at replacing the boats with something else, suggestions welcome!
Possibly divers? mermaids? :lol:
Ancient Greek style boats/wrecks

Large Version 4.2
Click image to enlarge.

Small Version 4.2

Comments please.

Premier2k
Last edited by Premier2k on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal Premier2k

Postby Androidz on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:47 am

i like it but can you try adding a thin black continent line outside the continents?
Private Androidz

Postby Premier2k on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:10 pm

Androidz wrote:i like it but can you try adding a thin black continent line outside the continents?

Not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean around all the continents or around each one individually?

P.
Corporal Premier2k

Postby Androidz on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Premier2k wrote:
Androidz wrote:i like it but can you try adding a thin black continent line outside the continents?

Not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean around all the continents or around each one individually?

P.

just each continent individually. Just to test it out i feel something is odd without it:P
Private Androidz

Postby NemesisChild on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Not sure it needs the lines around the continents, each one is quite seperate (being an island an all,lol :? )
do they need defining any more than having sea between them?

N.

Private NemesisChild

Map Contribution (1)

Next

Return to The Atlas