In response to your questions;Graphics
1) I like the water texture, but it seems a bit overdone.... enough that it hurts my eyes if I stare at the picture for more than 5 minutes
maybe tone it down a bit if thats possible?
We have tried toning it down a little but then it doesn't look very good. We'll have a think about what we can do to improve it, but for the time being we're going to have to keep it.
2) The island reefs dont really seem like reefs, more like polluted water.....
I know what you mean (some parts look like an oil slick), but I quite like that look. It looks diffent to every sea texture.
3) The large image looks stretched for some reason, idk why...
Don't know why, the map was designed in large size and shrunk down. I suspect it's because we have posted both large and small so it's easier to notice.
4) The text in the large version legend is blurry
Agreed, this is going to be redone and the text will be sharpened
5) I don't really care for the white borders, the seem out of place. Also, they are very rugged and pixely, maybe try smoothing them out, and setting the opacity to 70%? that way they would be a sort of lighter color than the continent thay are on (maybe not do this for the grey continent....)
We will have a look at this and see what we can come up with for the next version.
6) The drop shadows on the borders seem out of place.
As no. 5
7) So does the speed boat....
The boats are being redone. Initally they were just to show where they would be.
8) For the bevel on the islands the white highlight part where the sun is hitting the islands is out of place. Maybe make the highlight color a brighter-more-whitish-color of the island its on? that might fit better
Good idea, we will try this along with changes for no. 5
9) The islands need a texture of some sort, right now its all smooth
have a texture on it, with varying degrees but the majority of people didn't like it so we removed it. Perhaps we'll have a nother play. It won't be on the next version though.
10) The scroll is a little blurry in the large version
This is being redone as mentioned in no. 4
11) Just wondering, but why is there a blue outer glow to each island?
I have just noticed that but I kinda like it!
12) I cant read the name of the brown-almost-orange-island-right-under-lyonesse-and-kamuri-kandam
This has been discussed by us, we are investigating other ways of showing the island name
13) I dont care for the compass in the lower right corner, or for how it shows every direction. Why not enlarge it slightly and remove the names for all directions but N, S, E, and W?
We can do that! May be in next version. We have a lot to do for the next version.
14) Upon close observation, the very outside of the picture has a little grey line, as if the ocean layout just stops there. Maybe shrink the canvas size so that the line is no longer there?
Not sure what that is, we will try shrinking the canvas slightly to see if that makes a difference. (I doubt it will though TBH)GamePlay
1) The circles seem out of place on this map, except on the boats. maybe get rid of them except where needed?
Not quite sure what you mean, all the territories with circles on will have armies. I can post you a version with no circles on if you like for demo purposes.
2) Thule has 9 territories, but only 8 named?
Oops, that will be fixed in next version. Well spotted!
3) Can 1, 2, 3, and 4 (inner grey circle) all attack each other? since they all share the very center of it its hard to tell
Yes, all inner temples can attack each other. Perhaps we could make this a bit clearer.
4) There are alot of.. oh shoot cant remember the owrd... bottle-necks? i think thats what it is... on the map, especially on earlier-mentioned-brown-almost-orange-continent-that-i-cant-read-the-name-of
Decreasing the amount of bottlenecks would increase the bonus numbers which are high enough as it is
5) Some of the bonuses seem a bit off for what they should be. Idk why, but they do
The bonuses were worked out using Oaktown's bonus calc. I will look again at these just in case.
6) Is there anything that can be taken to win the game? kinda like in AoR Magic? (just wondering)
We had discussed having an objective but decided against it, this is a straight fight.
7) Just wondering, but that exactly is the reason for the boats????
The boats provide a link to the inner islands, only a few boats can get to the inner islands. They can also bombard other boats. They remain the key to winning the map.
8) Why would anyone bother to take Lyonesse 2 when they can skip over it to 3 or 1?
For the same reason in other maps, if the want the bonus they have to take it. There are plenty of maps where you can skip across from one territory to another, this is just another way to get to your destination.
9) Can Lyonesse 2 attack lyonesse 4? its hard to tell
Yes, it can. We shall endeavour to make this link clearer for the next version.
10) 'Docks connet inner and outer rings on the same line of sight' - that makes now sense. How about inner and outer islands???
Good idea, we shall change this when we update the scroll - how about 'Docks connect the inner and outer islands on the same line of sight'
11) 'Ports can assault explorer boats' 'Explorer boats can assault ports' - When you say assault, do you mean like attack assault or bombard assault?
Attack assault. Boats can bombard assault other boats. We didn't want to use the word attack as 'attack' is now 'assault' in CC
12) Theres a name for every island EXCEPT the grey one. That might make the number thing tricky for their....
They are the temple isles
. We have no where to put the name. All suggestions on that would be welcome!Version 5 todo list
Hopefully appearing in version 5;
Redo the legend so it looks less blurry
Put correct boats in the map
Change the highlight color for the islands
Fix Numinor name, so it's easier to read
Show the lyonesse 2 -> lyonesse 4 link better
Add the missing Thule territ
Please note as it's christmas, updates may be slow to the map. Full work shall resume after christmas from the 5th Jan onwards.
Keep those suggestions and comments coming in!