Hopefully it's an improvement, and remember i restarted from SCRATCH
so be nice Changes V7:
- Restarted from scratch
- New Border
- Nicer Barbed Wire
- New Tanks and Planes
- Balanced Gameplay more
- Added barbed wire between SC04 and Stanislaw Maczek so Vasily Chuikov can only reach 1 polish commander from his starting tank. Also Fedor von Bock no longer has a starting tank which solves his big advantage of having access to all three commanders and the P.A.F. he now only has access to 1 commander and the P.A.F.
- Added neutrals to tanks and P.A.F.
- There is probably more stuff but yeah those are the main changes
So I'm here on assignment for this map. Read: satisfy me and you'll have a Graphics stamp shortly behind.Glad to have you looking after my map
Here's my current gripes with the map (version 6 assumed):
- The framing (which is quite nice in concept) doesn't have a frame look to it. It's flat on the map as if it is part of the map, which I doubt you mean to do. Add some variety of subtle shadow or other pop-out effect to separate the game map from its frame.Scrapped the border and went with a different design, it's a lot easier to work with and it looks a lot better as well IMO
- Edward Rydz-Smigly's one-way attack to PC03 looks stupid. Majorly so. Was one big attack line used before and it was rejected? If so, I suggest a reversion, as it looks like a marching army of arrows about to take over Poland all by itself, no tanks required.Yeah i know
- Agreed on Andy's note about the icons being "on top". Maybe partially integrate them into the texture on the territories.Hopefully V7 clears this up?
- Could the P.A.F. graphic in the legend have the title of the territory as well (put below the graphic)? At first glance I was confused between the P.A.F. and the standard Polish commanders.Done
- The wording of the bonus for the P.A.F. needs to match the rest of the legend: "+5 bonus if held"Left out the word "bonus" but hopefully that's ok
- The introduction to the map in the top right isn't proper English. Instead of a period, a comma would be much better (and decapitalize soon, of course).Fixed
- Is PC03 legitimately THAT big, as evidenced by the seemingly nameless green in the bottom left? I would suggest some border fudge to get it over the frame and attached to PC03 on the right.Not sure what you mean here
- In the legend, try to simplify the sprites for the tanks, as the straight downscale makes the treads look really busy, and the gun barrels almost pencil-thin. This is my personal opinion, it's understandable if you don't want to change.Changed the tanks so hopefully that rectifies that problem
- The bullet-holes look good, but there isn't enough degradation in the legend to make them fit. The slightly destroyed title is a good step forward in that direction, but the rest of it is too perfect. If it helps in the destruction, separate the legend's framing from the map frame (same trick as my first point), and do some color desaturation, crack addition, etc. I understand the need to keep the legend readable, but there's plenty of pristine red to screw up.Got rid of the bullet holes, don't think they added anything to the map anyway really
- P.A.F. is missing its final period on the map. It's an acronym, so either all periods or no periods, at least in my experience.Fixed
That's all my graphics comments for now. I'll take a gameplay look at this next time to help with balancing, but I'm not officially on that duty. Thankyou TaCktiX iancanton
I am going to add Barbed Wire within Poland to make it a little bit more even, as it is now Fedor von Bock has a big advantage i think
the only barbed wire within poland that i can see is in the south. how does this handicap von bock, who has the only starting tank that can attack 3 polish commanders (all other starting tanks can attack only 1 polish commander)? between gc10 and the paf, u can add either some barbed wire or a non-tank region gc11; an alternative is to change von bock's starting tank into a non-tank region with 1 starting neutral, but to add neither extra barbed wire nor gc11 - this lets von bock keep his positional advantage (especially in spoils games) while not letting him start with a tank. Changed von Bock's staring territ to a non-tank territ however left it with 4 neutrals like every other starting territ
consider making the non-important regions start with only 1 neutral, otherwise they risk being doomed to stay neutral in every game: sc07 is such a case. up the neutrals on the tanks and paf to 4 and 6 respectively, while reducing to 3 the number of troops on each start position: we want to avoid the possibility of an aggressive player 1, with 15 starting troops and lucky dice, being able to knock out an opposing commander in round 1. Made non-important regions 1 neutral - upped the neutral on tanks and P.A.F.to 4 and 6 respectfully - The 9 that was displayed on the starting positions in V6 reflected how many armies they would have there once they deployed, changed to 3 to avoid anymore confusion
the aircraft can "only bombard tanks". does this mean they cannot conquer tanks (or, indeed, anything at all)? Correct. Aircraft can only bombard tanks, they cannot conquer
ian. Thanks ian spiesr
On the latest version of the map, Edward Rydz-Smigly seems to have lost his commander symbol.Fixedsailorseal
Just to start, I like the new bullet holes and the new Nazi symbol.
I do not see a need more that insane use of arrows to connect those territories. I also see big problems with the starting positions being so close. I am not sure that so many of them will work, so close togetherScrapped the bullet holes sorry - I know what you mean about the arrows changed it - I don't see any major problems with starting positions, please explain?