WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby cairnswk on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 pm

natty_dread wrote:I still don't know what "close" means in the context of AA->Tank bombardments...


close (kls)
1. Being near in space or time.
4. Having little or no space between elements or parts; tight and compact: a close weave.

my version: in the vacinity of
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby natty dread on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Well, it's sort of ambiguous... I just think it would be better to specify it more accurately, like "at range of X regions" or something...
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13324
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: just plain fucked
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby cairnswk on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:40 pm

natty_dread wrote:Well, it's sort of ambiguous... I just think it would be better to specify it more accurately, like "at range of X regions" or something...

One reason why the word close is used is because of lack of space to put something like your suggestion in Natty.
I honestly don't see why this is a big issue or why it is not understandable.

the bombardments legend graphically shows that AA Batterties >(bombard) any aircraft or close tank (of the light green colour)
so for the tanks, if you look there are two AA batteries that have close tanks, and these are located at the top of the map, since there are no tanks on the south of the river.
*R 1077AA U3 which bombards G 60th Left Div and G 60th Div Rear
*R 1077AA U1 which bombards Orlovka Woods and G 16th Div

End of story. Simple. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby XxSniperxX on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:08 pm

cairnswk wrote: Sorry to be blunt, but are you able to interpret the legend icons at the top of the map?


Yes I do understand the legend. I was looking for clarrification before making a move. : /
User avatar
Corporal XxSniperxX
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:05 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby cairnswk on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:34 pm

XxSniperxX wrote:
cairnswk wrote: Sorry to be blunt, but are you able to interpret the legend icons at the top of the map?


Yes I do understand the legend. I was looking for clarrification before making a move. : /

OK, for clarification...
* the AA Batteries and Artillery icons do not feature in the Assaults legend as an assaulting units, therefore to answer your question...no they cannot assault and by consequence fortify the attacked territory. They do however feature in the Bombardments legend which should be self explanatory, and please note the two-way arrows on the german planes <> any russian plane or AA gun.
* Tanks (both colours) assault other both coloured tanks and infantry.
* Similarly Infanfry can assault AA Guns, Tanks, other Infantry and Artillery.
Assaults mean in CC terms that a territory can attack to take-over another territory.

I hope this helps clarify things XxSniperxX :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby XxSniperxX on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:48 am

Thx cairnswk!
User avatar
Corporal XxSniperxX
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:05 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby Ogrecrusher on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:15 am

cairnswk wrote:
natty_dread wrote:Well, it's sort of ambiguous... I just think it would be better to specify it more accurately, like "at range of X regions" or something...

One reason why the word close is used is because of lack of space to put something like your suggestion in Natty.
I honestly don't see why this is a big issue or why it is not understandable.

the bombardments legend graphically shows that AA Batterties >(bombard) any aircraft or close tank (of the light green colour)
so for the tanks, if you look there are two AA batteries that have close tanks, and these are located at the top of the map, since there are no tanks on the south of the river.
*R 1077AA U3 which bombards G 60th Left Div and G 60th Div Rear
*R 1077AA U1 which bombards Orlovka Woods and G 16th Div

End of story. Simple. :)


Any reason why U1 can reach G16th, but not "Orlovka" when they're both 2 regions away?
Edit: this sounded critical! I can see the tanks are different to indicate this is the case, I was just wondering why it was set up this way.
Colonel Ogrecrusher
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:55 pm
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Ogrecrusher wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
natty_dread wrote:Well, it's sort of ambiguous... I just think it would be better to specify it more accurately, like "at range of X regions" or something...

One reason why the word close is used is because of lack of space to put something like your suggestion in Natty.
I honestly don't see why this is a big issue or why it is not understandable.

the bombardments legend graphically shows that AA Batterties >(bombard) any aircraft or close tank (of the light green colour)
so for the tanks, if you look there are two AA batteries that have close tanks, and these are located at the top of the map, since there are no tanks on the south of the river.
*R 1077AA U3 which bombards G 60th Left Div and G 60th Div Rear
*R 1077AA U1 which bombards Orlovka Woods and G 16th Div

End of story. Simple. :)


Any reason why U1 can reach G16th, but not "Orlovka" when they're both 2 regions away?
Edit: this sounded critical! I can see the tanks are different to indicate this is the case, I was just wondering why it was set up this way.


Gameplay strategy...being 2 regions away has nothing to do with it.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby joriki on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:30 am

There's a typo in the name of the Sadvaya bonus: "Sadvaya Art and Sdavaya Inf". The region name is correct; the typo is only in the bonus name.
General joriki
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:07 pm
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (20)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby cairnswk on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:07 pm

joriki wrote:There's a typo in the name of the Sadvaya bonus: "Sadvaya Art and Sdavaya Inf". The region name is correct; the typo is only in the bonus name.

Please provide the link to where you are seeing this joriki...
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby ender516 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:24 am

cairnswk wrote:
joriki wrote:There's a typo in the name of the Sadvaya bonus: "Sadvaya Art and Sdavaya Inf". The region name is correct; the typo is only in the bonus name.

Please provide the link to where you are seeing this joriki...

I can confirm that this is a cosmetic typo in the XML. Check the log of any game where someone is holding both the Sadvaya artillery and infantry units, and that player will receive a bonus for holding "Sadvaya Art and Sdavaya Inf". You can also see it in BOB's Continent Overview.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:39 am

ender516 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
joriki wrote:There's a typo in the name of the Sadvaya bonus: "Sadvaya Art and Sdavaya Inf". The region name is correct; the typo is only in the bonus name.

Please provide the link to where you are seeing this joriki...

I can confirm that this is a cosmetic typo in the XML. Check the log of any game where someone is holding both the Sadvaya artillery and infantry units, and that player will receive a bonus for holding "Sadvaya Art and Sdavaya Inf". You can also see it in BOB's Continent Overview.

So it is. I haven't played a game in so long i had my continent view turned off. ](*,)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 am

tnb8u0, please pass this file to lackattack for uploading.
A spelling mistake has been picked up.
Thanks.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/10/26 ... ingrad.xml
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:50 am

Sent! ;)
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Not here
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:29 am

the fixed version was updated!
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Not here
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby cairnswk on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:the fixed version was updated!

thanks tnb80. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby kennys777 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Found a bug.

I PM'd Cairns.

In a quads game I am currently playing, I am unable to reinforce from Orvloka Woods to my teammate Silversun at U1 AA gun. I have played this map since it was here being worked on, and I don't ever remember seeing this problem.

Image
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class kennys777
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:27 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby kennys777 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:14 pm

kennys777 wrote:Found a bug.

I PM'd Cairns.

In a quads game I am currently playing, I am unable to reinforce from Orvloka Woods to my teammate Silversun at U1 AA gun. I have played this map since it was here being worked on, and I don't ever remember seeing this problem.

Image



False alarm, sorry all.
I just realized that Armor cannot attack an AA gun. I just never noticed that before, and I have played this map a lot in the past. Thanks anyway
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class kennys777
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:27 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby judge_reinhold on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 pm

My friend says it should be "sadovaya" anyway. Not "sadvaya".
User avatar
Colonel judge_reinhold
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: meat
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby Faro on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:03 am

I was able to attack from R02 to Grain SIlo despite the arrow there. Is that normal?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Faro
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:31 pm
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:17 am

Faro wrote:I was able to attack from R02 to Grain SIlo despite the arrow there. Is that normal?

Yes, that's normal.

The arrow is only on the R02 -> Golodny Island route.

In much the same way that RO6 CAN attack R05 (for example), because the arrow isn't on that part of the line.
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby Faro on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:35 am

ManBungalow wrote:
Faro wrote:I was able to attack from R02 to Grain SIlo despite the arrow there. Is that normal?

Yes, that's normal.

The arrow is only on the R02 -> Golodny Island route.

In much the same way that RO6 CAN attack R05 (for example), because the arrow isn't on that part of the line.



hey thanks, make sense now.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Faro
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:31 pm
Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby gannable on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 pm

need help here

is there a victory objective?

how do you attack the S1, S2, etc territories ie morozov, sheykin

if you can please PM me.

i don't have much time to move
]thanks
User avatar
Lieutenant gannable
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: Obamaland ie surrounded by idiots
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (15) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: WWII-Stalingrad [QUENCHED]

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:44 am

gannable wrote:need help here

is there a victory objective?

how do you attack the S1, S2, etc territories ie morozov, sheykin

if you can please PM me.

i don't have much time to move
]thanks


Victory? yes: wipe out your opposition. That's it.
For S1, S2 etc...read Underground Fighting in the legend. So S1, is assaultable from Station No1, City and Red Sqaure. Same applies for other sniper positions.
Front page also has map of where snipers can bombard.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11498
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Previous

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login