Conquer Club

The Conquer 500

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Conquer 500 [D GR GP XML Beta]

Postby Gilligan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:01 pm

I thought I was just supposed to make a few amendments to GET this into beta?! :lol: :-s
Captain Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:31 pm

I can take over the xml and do the number alignments if you have all the previous bugs fixed.

I have the time again.

:D

=D=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 pm

I think for the small coordinates, maybe do the same here as you did on USA 2.1 gilligan?? In this way we can be pretty sure that the 888's will fit in good. Just a couple of cents worth.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Haha, no worries dolomite. ;)

How do we like this?!

Personally... I think the two digit not being centered is kinda weird for the gauges. But if we have to sack that for clarity, we have to.

Edit: Disregard J1 for now...haha.
Captain Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:11 pm

I love it =)

=D=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Gilligan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:13 pm

dolomite13 wrote:I love it =)

=D=

If you say so :D

I will get to work on the large then (and J1 :geek: )
Captain Gilligan

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Pit Row and winners Circle needs to be moved to left by a couple of pixels.

Also, dolomite, can you make the top of the caps all white (leave the bills alone), so the numbers can be easily seen?
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Pit Row and winners Circle needs to be moved to left by a couple of pixels.

Also, dolomite, can you make the top of the caps all white (leave the bills alone), so the numbers can be easily seen?

^ I disagree with hat statement O:)
Captain Gilligan

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Gilligan wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:Pit Row and winners Circle needs to be moved to left by a couple of pixels.

^ I disagree with hat statement O:)

+1
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby dolomite13 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 pm

lets leave the hats as they are for now... f someone reports a problem with them we can revisit it

=D=
Cook dolomite13

Postby ender516 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 am

If the XML scribe has time, a little work on pluralization might be in order. "A Pit Tires"?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby DaveS_WI on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Is there a way to conquer a pit crew?
The only way I am seeing this is to get to winner's circle and bombard each pit location but you can not take over another team.
Thanks great map.
Captain DaveS_WI

Postby Gilligan on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:07 pm

DaveS_WI wrote:Is there a way to conquer a pit crew?
The only way I am seeing this is to get to winner's circle and bombard each pit location but you can not take over another team.
Thanks great map.

You can only touch the pit crew from a Crew.
Captain Gilligan

Postby jricart on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 am

For me, this map give a lot of advantage to the guy starting first. There should be a way to avoid this.

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks great map.

You can only bombard the crew out of the race from the winners circle.

jricart wrote:For me, this map give a lot of advantage to the guy starting first. There should be a way to avoid this.
JRT

Agreed the upcoming XML update will limit the crews to autodeploy 2 and increase car conditions to 2 neutral. Also will limit starting positions (crews) a bit more especially useful in 2 player games.

=D=
Cook dolomite13

Postby DaveS_WI on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Thanks great map.

Can you assault another crew? (Crew 1 - 8 at the top of the map)

The only attack I am seeing on the "Crew 1-8" are bombards from "Winners Circle."

Am I missing something?
Captain DaveS_WI

Postby Swifte on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:14 pm

DaveS_WI wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Thanks great map.

Can you assault another crew? (Crew 1 - 8 at the top of the map)

The only attack I am seeing on the "Crew 1-8" are bombards from "Winners Circle."

Am I missing something?

No not missing anything. They can only be bombarded from Winners circle - dolomite answered your question above :)

dolomite13 wrote:
Thanks great map.

You can only bombard the crew out of the race from the winners circle.
Colonel Swifte

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:58 pm

So if your eliminated from the crew position but not the track you can win by conquering the track. However if you are eliminated from the track and your grew gets nuked or bombarded from the winners circle you have no way back into the race.

I am wondering if there should be a conditional border on the pit equipment that allows you to assault the pit row location if you control one of each pit equipment (jack, tools, engine, tires, fuel) this would let someone controlling the pits to get back into the race in spite of no crew map position...

Or maybe w make it "hold 3 of the same pit equipment" and those 3 can assault the pit row.... that way we have hold horizontally (tool & jack = +2, fuel & tires & engine = +3) and vertically 3 x Fuel = all of your furl can assault the pit row icon.

In the end your crew value is just "neutral" you technically have a crew they are just not effective the same way a car is not out of the race when all conditions are "neutral" it is just not as good of a car (providing no bonus).

Thoughts...

=D=
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Cook dolomite13

Postby waauw on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:52 pm

ehm, I have a question. in my Game 12600847 I am holding a pit jack but no pit tool, yet I do get a +2 each turn for holding both pit jack and pit tool. Is this a bug or am I reading this wrong?(look at round 2-9)
Lieutenant waauw

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:05 pm

waauw wrote:ehm, I have a question. in my Game 12600847 I am holding a pit jack but no pit tool, yet I do get a +2 each turn for holding both pit jack and pit tool. Is this a bug or am I reading this wrong?(look at round 2-9)

It's a bug. Will be fixed in the the above XML update.

=D=
Cook dolomite13

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Every game I am currently playing is so unbalanced with each pit item providing a bonus rather than the collecting of sets... and people aren't focusing on the track enough.

I wonder if car conditions should be allowed to assault their crew so if a nuclear game wipes you off your crew or someone does that from the winners circle but you had some forces on your car conditions you could retake that crew. That would be a really simple fix for getting wiped out of the crew which lets you back in the race if you loose all your track positions.

Also ... should car conditions not decay? ... seems like people don't reinforce them because its a guaranteed loss of troops every turn or they do reinforce them and the gain isn't worth the troops spent.

=D=
Cook dolomite13

Postby Gilligan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 pm

is the +40 for track supposed to override the individual +2s? Just thought of that cause I got it in a game of mine.
Captain Gilligan

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Gilligan wrote:is the +40 for track supposed to override the individual +2s? Just thought of that cause I got it in a game of mine.

Are you saying that it did override it? so you got +40 from the track or that it didn't override and if you had the whole track you got +60?

The question is how much is the right bonus for the track overall. If it's overriding then I will need to make a note of it in the graphic. If it's not then we might want to look at the winners circle and bump it up a bit or drop that bonus to +20.

=D=
Cook dolomite13

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas