Chicago [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Chicago [D,GP,GR,XML] [Beta]

Postby natty dread on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:58 am

I just want to say this map is great fun for 6p dubs with no spoils.

Sadly I don't see many people playing dubs on this map... hard to get games filled. Everyone should try no spoils dubs on this map... it's awesome!
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Chicago [D,GP,GR,XML] [Beta]

Postby lewisd23 on Tue May 11, 2010 12:10 pm

West Town should be Pilsen.
West Loop should be West Town.
Wicker Park should be Bucktown.

Just my suggestions. At the least you shouldn't have West Town below the West Loop.
Colonel lewisd23

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Chicago [Quenched]

Postby copedog on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 pm

A great map, it represents well the town I call home. I suppose it may be late for changes, but I agree that Pilsen would be a better label for the area labeled West Town. West Town is a pretty broad catch-all that includes Ukie Village, East Village, Noble Square and probably Wicker Park depending on who you ask. West Town is certainly out of place when it's south of West Loop. I'd put the West Town label on the territory named Wicker Park.

I also played several games before realizing that Roseland and Gresham were connected. Now I know better, but that area of the graphic could maybe be cleaned up a bit.

I see that this board has already been quenched, so I don't expect any changes soon, just thought I'd throw my thoughts in there. On the whole I do think it's a great map and congrats to ScottLand for doing such a wonderful job. I especially like the helicopters. There are only a few hospitals in Chicago with helipads, and I think it's a nice touch that that's reflected in this map.

Good luck in all your games,

Rob
Private copedog

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Chicago [Quenched]

Postby midor on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Definitely too late for this, but just in case you ever do an edit. Rose Hill is actually Rosehill. And the Redline is too short on both ends. It should go all the way to the Northern Border and a lot farther south (it ends at 95th).

Other than that it looks great.
Private midor

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to The Atlas