Fractured America [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fractured America [D,Gp,Gr,FF] Small tweaks V14.5 pg.48

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Well you didn't have to get rid of the bevel! :lol: This must be driving you insane.
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:59 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:Well you didn't have to get rid of the bevel! :lol: This must be driving you insane.

Well you said
the.killing.44 wrote:If you look in your sig, those ones were much better.
So I took the bevel out. I wish someone would make up my mind here! :lol:
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:06 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
the.killing.44 wrote:Well you didn't have to get rid of the bevel! :lol: This must be driving you insane.

Well you said

But the ones in your sig do have SOME bevel!
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby porkenbeans on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:41 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:

Well you said

But the ones in your sig do have SOME bevel!
YUP, just drop the opacity of the black on the bevel. And maybe the white as well. Then it should fix it.

Also, I just Noticed that the Title on your sig is much nicer than the current one.

I hope that all of this nitpicking is not rubbing you the wrong way. ;)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:45 pm

porkenbeans wrote:I hope that all of this nitpicking is not rubbing you the wrong way. ;)

Yes it is, now I wish you would just leave me alone!! :evil: :lol:

All kidding aside, no you're not really! :lol: I don't mind at all **pulls hammer back and looks down barrel**.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby natty dread on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:34 am

Yeah, add some bevel. As they are now the arrows stick out too much. Maybe you could also darken them just a tiny nudge ...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby hahaha3hahaha on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:38 am

I'm no expert, but this looks gooood 8-)
Private 1st Class hahaha3hahaha

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby ender516 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:07 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:I hope that all of this nitpicking is not rubbing you the wrong way. ;)

Yes it is, now I wish you would just leave me alone!! :evil: :lol:

All kidding aside, no you're not really! :lol: I don't mind at all **pulls hammer back and looks down barrel**.

Just be careful about which end of the barrel you're looking down.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Fixed arrows, again :lol:

Large
Click image to enlarge.

Small
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Fractured America [D,Gp,Gr,FF] Fixed Arrows V14.6 pg.49

Postby natty dread on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Hmm... were the stars always like that? They kinda seem to stick out... anyway, you could try reducing the opacity of the stars. Just a nudge...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby porkenbeans on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Arrows are puuuuuuuuuurfect. =D>
The stars look great too. And once the armies are on the map they will not stand out as natty said.
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 am

porkenbeans wrote:Arrows are puuuuuuuuuurfect. =D>
The stars look great too. And once the armies are on the map they will not stand out as natty said.

Thank you! Well I think this is it for tweaking right now. As soon as Gilligan gets the XML finalized, then maybe we can get one of the blues brothers to stamp it and get this thing into Beta! ;)
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:20 pm

Almost there....
Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 197
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:40 am

FYI - I already changed the coordinates of Jacksonville and New Mexico on the small map... I just didn't feel like testing and resaving every image.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (8)

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:15 pm

The only two I see are JAcksonville on the large needs to be moved to the right by 1, and San Luis Potosi to the right on the small
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby porkenbeans on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Because the texture is now smooth, I do not think the circles are needed. ;)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

General Contribution (1)

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:44 pm

I think it would look weird without circles...
Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:47 pm

porkenbeans wrote:Because the texture is now smooth, I do not think the circles are needed. ;)

The circles are staying, and there will be no more graphic revisions unless there needs to be through Beta testing, which hopefully will be soon ;)
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:05 pm

OK, for now though isaiah40...to ensure the process for transition to the beta.....can you assemble in one post....
88 test sml
88 test lge
image sml
image lge
file sml
file lge
xml file
Private cairnswk

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:17 pm

cairnswk wrote:OK, for now though isaiah40...to ensure the process for transition to the beta.....can you assemble in one post....
88 test sml
88 test lge
image sml
image lge
file sml
file lge
xml file

Okay I'll let Gilligan know, thanks!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:22 pm

On it :)
Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Re: Fractured America [D,Gp,Gr,FF] XML Tests V14.6 pg.50

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:19 pm

PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Yahay! :P
Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby fumandomuerte on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:50 pm

Beta?
=D>
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas