Conquer Club

Napoleonic Europe 1812 - Ver 41/44 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Napoleonic Europe 1812 - Ver 39/43 [Gp,Gr,XML,BETA]

Postby MrBenn on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:17 pm

ender516 wrote:
mviola wrote:In the drop down menu, Saxony is abbreviated as Sw. That abbreviation should be for the Swiss Confederation. I don't know if the Swiss confederation is abbreviated correctly.

#-o I will try to fix that tonight. With luck, MrBenn and lackattack can turn it around as quickly this time as last. However, if there are other changes (bonuses and such), perhaps I should wait and give them some more reasons to fix this.

I'd suggest trying to bundle several changes together, unless it's going to be a severe headache inducer
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 pm

pamoa wrote:
Kabanellas wrote:The Kingdom of Naples - I suggest linking Naples to Rumelia and Piedmont to Rome

I wouldn't do that because all your sea connections implies a naval battle site
lowering the bonus is enough

Not all Pamoa:

Denmark - Lund and Norway
Corsica - Provence and Sardinia - Sicily - Malta and Naples
Major Kabanellas

Postby bibo33 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:26 pm

I think some of the text is abit hard to follow and the mountains seem a bit unclear. example inbetween the french and spanish border.
Sergeant bibo33

Postby danfrank on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:12 pm

bibo33 wrote:I think some of the text is abit hard to follow and the mountains seem a bit unclear. example inbetween the french and spanish border.

i think that mountain is there for design purposes.. unless the original drawing had a four corner situation.. I like the mountain .. Like ring around the rosey :lol:
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby tokle on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:29 am

I'm digging it. Well done.
Major tokle

Postby aage on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:21 am

The map says that owning five capitals will win me the game. I own Moscow, London, Madrid, Vienna, Paris and Istanbul, but I haven't won yet... I'm under the impression that the 5-capital-win statement isn't entirely true. Possibly because the map says that you should hold exactly 5 capitals? Cuz i'm holding 6. I'm thinking that the map designer didn't mean for this to happen?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby pamoa on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 am

aage wrote:The map says that owning five capitals will win me the game. I own Moscow, London, Madrid, Vienna, Paris and Istanbul, but I haven't won yet... I'm under the impression that the 5-capital-win statement isn't entirely true. Possibly because the map says that you should hold exactly 5 capitals? Cuz i'm holding 6. I'm thinking that the map designer didn't mean for this to happen?

for ONE round boy
for one round
De gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces, sommée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby aage on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:45 am

That would explain why i won the next turn by clicking "begin turn"... :P
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby ender516 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:36 am

Like any objective, it must be held at the start of your turn to give you the win. Think of it as the ultimate zone bonus.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby nikola_milicki on Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:14 pm

Kabanellas wrote:There are some bonus that are posing some problems:

The Kingdom of Naples - I suggest linking Naples to Rumelia and Piedmont to Rome and also reducing this bonus from 2 to 1

The Kingdom of Sweden - I suggest reducing this bonus from 2 to 1

played this map quite a few time now and really liked it, I luv maps with a lot of possibilities (concerning bonuses), but :D

- Denmark and Sweden bonuses shud be only +1, or neutrals shud be 3 or 4, right now these bonuses are easy pickin, especially with good drop

- is Sardinia always a neutral 3 or only when I play it lol, I dont remember it being anything but neutral and this is a problem imo bcuz Naples +2 is surrounded by neutrals that make excellent guards, to grab a well protected +2 u only need to take a neutral 3 that gives ya additional +1 and turns on battles sites bonus, if a team drops in Rome and Sicily, they would need to be dumb not to get this bonus asap - maybe make Sardinia and K of Italy normal lands, ofc remove K.of Ita. +1, with battle site its valuable anyway

thats all I got for now :D

edit: just noticed sardinia is a +1 therefor always neutral 3
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby jefjef on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:47 pm

The Kingdom of Naples - I suggest linking Naples to Rumelia and Piedmont to Rome and also reducing this bonus from 2 to 1

Well kab. If you link Naples to Rumelia I'd leave that bonus as a 2. Dropping it to 1 would seem to be correct as it currently is. Don't like Piedmont connecting Rome.

Historically Corsica was tied with Rome (Roman empire - papacy - etc until France purchased it).. Connecting it to Rome would be worth looking at that. Gameplay wise it works.

Sweden AND Norway should both be 1 bonus imo.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby natty dread on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:32 am

Sorry if this is already reported but:

Saxony is "Sw: Saxony" in the xml when in map it is "Sx: Saxony"
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby ender516 on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:47 am

natty_dread wrote:Sorry if this is already reported but:

Saxony is "Sw: Saxony" in the xml when in map it is "Sx: Saxony"

Thanks, natty, it's on the list. I'm waiting for the dust to settle on any other changes, such as bonuses, or connections in the Mediterranean.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby nikola_milicki on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:48 am

here's a nice example why shud sweden be +1

only teal moved and set his partner up for grabbing sweden, +2 is just too much

Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Kabanellas on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:54 am

yup, Sweden surely needs to go +1 only
Major Kabanellas

Postby Kabanellas on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:54 am

Major Kabanellas

Postby Raskholnikov on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:46 pm

I agree to reduce both Swe and Naples bonus to 1, but not to linking Naples to Rumelia and Pied to Rome. There is no need for this if the bonus is reduced to 1 - as it should.

We should also deal with Moscow - the winter terts should be 2 neutral at the beginning, and Moscow itself 4. Now a player can end up with plus 7 on Moscow on the first turn. No one can even think of successfully dislodging him in the same round, and it confers a huge advantage ( in 1 v 1 its a game winning one).

This change would be therefore good for game play as well as historically accurate (it wasnt easy for N to take Moscow, as far as I remember...). If there is significant opposition to Moscow going to 4, I can relent on that as long as the winter terts all go to plus 2.

What do you all think about holding a capital for TWO rounds before bonuses are triggered? This would give players more time to dislodge players who get early capitals, and would slow down the game somewhat. Is it a) desirable and b) technically feasable? Historically its entirely justifiable, since it takes time to raise armies once one consolidates one's hold on a capital.
Allons enfants de la patrie --Click here to support this map
Le jour de gloire est arrivé! if you love the Napoleon Era
Private Raskholnikov

Postby MrBenn on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Raskholnikov wrote:What do you all think about holding a capital for TWO rounds before bonuses are triggered? This would give players more time to dislodge players who get early capitals, and would slow down the game somewhat. Is it a) desirable and b) technically feasable? Historically its entirely justifiable, since it takes time to raise armies once one consolidates one's hold on a capital.

That's not the way the game engine works, and so b (not technically feasible) applies. :-(
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Raskholnikov on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks.
Allons enfants de la patrie --Click here to support this map
Le jour de gloire est arrivé! if you love the Napoleon Era
Private Raskholnikov

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:52 pm

I know that in 1v1s, a player holding all five capitals isn't a problem at all. The very few games that I've played that have been won from a player holding the capitals were near the end of the game anyway where it didn't matter because that player was going to win anyway.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Also, I think Denmark should be a 1 if Sweden changes.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:12 am

Raskholnikov wrote:We should also deal with Moscow - the winter terts should be 2 neutral at the beginning, and Moscow itself 4. Now a player can end up with plus 7 on Moscow on the first turn. No one can even think of successfully dislodging him in the same round, and it confers a huge advantage ( in 1 v 1 its a game winning one).

This change would be therefore good for game play as well as historically accurate (it wasnt easy for N to take Moscow, as far as I remember...). If there is significant opposition to Moscow going to 4, I can relent on that as long as the winter terts all go to plus 2.

..from all the games that I've played in this map (and there were quite a lot), I've rarely seen people taking Moscow. I think that 3 is the perfect number, especially making part of an virtually unconquerable country as it is Russia in the map...
Major Kabanellas

Postby danryan on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:24 am

Agreed. Moscow can be nice in 1 v 1, but in team games unless your drop is heavy there it's rarely worth going for.

Sweden and Denmark are no doubt overpowered. I still think spain is a little underrated.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby timogl on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:03 am

great map guys. i have a question. is it a certain five capitals you have to take to win? or is not working right. i took five in this game (the pink)

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=7509356

and the game didn't end. maybe one or more of them is a wrong capital?

if you read the log there, you see i started my last turn (timogl) with itsanbul and vienna. took berlin, paris and naples. to make five, i thought.

thanks

tim
Lieutenant timogl

Postby natty dread on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:04 am

You need to hold them for one full round
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas