Make blue army numbers lighter

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby natty dread on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 pm

ender516 wrote: If the OP of this topic doesn't mind, I will post a link when the script is available. What do you say, natty?


fine by me
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:33 pm

natty dread wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:but if you go making a lighter blue then you'll start having trouble on maps with a lighter blue background.


Eh... try thinking about that a second time.



ender516 wrote:A lighter blue background won't make a lighter blue number disappear, since every number is outlined in black.




well, my points may be invalid then, i didn't notice the black outlines.

i'm colorblind, so i don't think theres any hope for me.

right now, to me, the cyan looks the same color as neutral, which is aggravating in itself.
the pink looks like blue
the yellow and orange can be tricky on certain maps
the red is very hard to see on many maps. mainly the dark colored maps

i was just venting because now when ya'll change this i'm going to get all screwed up and have to relearn these new colors on certain maps that i may not have had trouble with before.

i do use the colorcodes but some colors seem to just hide on certain maps. i'm just bitching about it is all. i know ya'll do what you can with what you got, but sometimes i think everyone just wakes up and says "hey, what can i change today that dont' really make a sh#t". i've been doing fine with the normal blue forever. that one is probably my best color. that or yellow. now it's on the chopping block ](*,)

just please don't make the green any brighter or it will start looking yellow. promise me that ok? [-o<
Image
User avatar
Major WILLIAMS5232
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: houston texas
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby natty dread on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:48 am

Use colour codes.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:18 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i do use the colorcodes but some colors seem to just hide on certain maps.

natty dread wrote:Use colour codes.

:-s :-k
Image
User avatar
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9576
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:47 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:right now, to me, the cyan looks the same color as neutral


natty dread wrote:Use colour codes.


:o :-$
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:44 pm

natty dread wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:right now, to me, the cyan looks the same color as neutral


natty dread wrote:Use colour codes.


:o :-$

chapcrap wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i do use the colorcodes but some colors seem to just hide on certain maps.

natty dread wrote:Use colour codes.

:-s :-k


:roll:

please don't change blue to lighter. i know you just get bored with things the way they are. but it's not going to bring any more people to cc. and while i can never be sure, i bet no one will say "damn blue's just too dark. this site stinks"

i know you're a great mapmaker and all, and really take pride in your mapmaking. but is this really that important?

i see the blue fine the way it is. i'm sure you do too.
Image
User avatar
Major WILLIAMS5232
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: houston texas
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby natty dread on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:51 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:please don't change blue to lighter. i know you just get bored with things the way they are.


Wow, no offense but you're acting like an asshole. What's up with the condescending attitude there? Just because you don't understand the reason for a proposed change doesn't mean that it's only proposed because someone is "bored".

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:it's not going to bring any more people to cc.


Yeah, and I don't really care about bringing more people to CC. CC should concentrate on keeping the existing customers satisfied before trying to gather new ones. That's just good business sense.

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i see the blue fine the way it is. i'm sure you do too.


You know, it's the go-to explanation of the small-minded person to assume that anyone whose opinions he disagrees with or doesn't understand, doesn't really believe their views, but is just voicing them out of spite or boredom... that's also why you see idiots all over the forums instantly jumping to accuse people of "trolling" whenever they disagree about someone's posts.

Anyway, maybe you should come back when you've read the OP of this thread and actually understand what this suggestion is about. Just saying...
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:44 am

natty dread wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:please don't change blue to lighter. i know you just get bored with things the way they are.


Wow, no offense but you're acting like an asshole. What's up with the condescending attitude there? Just because you don't understand the reason for a proposed change doesn't mean that it's only proposed because someone is "bored".

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:it's not going to bring any more people to cc.


Yeah, and I don't really care about bringing more people to CC. CC should concentrate on keeping the existing customers satisfied before trying to gather new ones. That's just good business sense.

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i see the blue fine the way it is. i'm sure you do too.


You know, it's the go-to explanation of the small-minded person to assume that anyone whose opinions he disagrees with or doesn't understand, doesn't really believe their views, but is just voicing them out of spite or boredom... that's also why you see idiots all over the forums instantly jumping to accuse people of "trolling" whenever they disagree about someone's posts.

Anyway, maybe you should come back when you've read the OP of this thread and actually understand what this suggestion is about. Just saying...


yeah, you're right. and so smart too. do whatever floats your boat. the simple minded don't really care anyway.
Image
User avatar
Major WILLIAMS5232
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: houston texas
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (30)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby agentcom on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:51 pm

This suggestion is stickied for some reason even though it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. There's enough people saying "please don't do this" that I think it shouldn't be implemented. I pointed out before that having a vote that doesn't include the alternative or "Leave it as it is" deprives the voting that occurred of much meaning.

I also reiterate my point that the problem with the blue numbers is not the color of the territory but by the lack of contrast in it's outline. This problem is unique to, or at least most noticeable with, the blue armies.

So, I'm not really sure why this suggestion is still stickied. Maybe it would deserve the sticky if the OP would restart the poll to one that says: Which of these 4 options would you approve of for the color blue?

(1) This [In the current blue color with black outline]
(2) This [New blue, black outline]
(3) This [New blue 2, black outline]
(4) This [Current blue, white outline]

Check all that apply.
User avatar
Major agentcom
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:28 am

agentcom wrote:This suggestion is stickied for some reason even though it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. There's enough people saying "please don't do this" that I think it shouldn't be implemented. I pointed out before that having a vote that doesn't include the alternative or "Leave it as it is" deprives the voting that occurred of much meaning.


Not really, before I stickied this, there was all sorts of support, but as soon as I Sticky'd it and added a poll, people came in here saying to leave it as it is. A few users have even contradicted each other in posts, saying "yes, change it" earlier in the thread, to "no, leave it". Since I stickied it back in August, 5 users have said no, and 1 of them said yes earlier in the thread. So you are saying, if something like, oh, Adjacent Attacks had 5 users say no, I should throw it in Rejected? There has been plenty of users that have posted, and more of them have said Yes to it, then no.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Lost somewhere in the snow. HELP ME
Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (6)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby agentcom on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:52 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
agentcom wrote:This suggestion is stickied for some reason even though it doesn't appear to be going anywhere. There's enough people saying "please don't do this" that I think it shouldn't be implemented. I pointed out before that having a vote that doesn't include the alternative or "Leave it as it is" deprives the voting that occurred of much meaning.


Not really, before I stickied this, there was all sorts of support, but as soon as I Sticky'd it and added a poll, people came in here saying to leave it as it is. A few users have even contradicted each other in posts, saying "yes, change it" earlier in the thread, to "no, leave it". Since I stickied it back in August, 5 users have said no, and 1 of them said yes earlier in the thread. So you are saying, if something like, oh, Adjacent Attacks had 5 users say no, I should throw it in Rejected? There has been plenty of users that have posted, and more of them have said Yes to it, then no.


When did I ever say "throw it in rejected"? I said unsticky it and/or change the poll to something meaningful.
User avatar
Major agentcom
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby jghost7 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:29 am

Jippd wrote:I find no problem with blue. Looked up ancient greece maps and can see blue clear as day (I use color codes). So I see no confusion with color codes on. Checked conquer man as well.

I think there are better suggestions that deserve the extremely limited time CC has. IMO.

So maybe give another map as an example, but I have no problem seeing blue or any other colors with color codes on.



+1
Image
User avatar
Major jghost7
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:52 am
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby messenger on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Something needs to be done with the colors of player armies. For instance, the blue and green used are too close in the color spectrum. Maybe consider using more fluorescent colors? Although still confusing, it isn't a huge problem (for me) on less complicated maps...but on the more complicated and detailed maps it is a big problem.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class messenger
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:25 pm
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby messenger on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Ahhh...sorry...I just checked out the color code option. That helps tremendously...thanks.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class messenger
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:25 pm
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Make blue army numbers lighter[Poll Added]

Postby agentcom on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:13 pm

messenger wrote:Something needs to be done with the colors of player armies. For instance, the blue and green used are too close in the color spectrum. Maybe consider using more fluorescent colors? Although still confusing, it isn't a huge problem (for me) on less complicated maps...but on the more complicated and detailed maps it is a big problem.


This is a separate problem. The issue being discussed here is that blue does not show up well on dark colored maps. However, your suggestion to change to more fluorescent colors is one of the suggestions. However, I believe (and have said quite a few times) that changing blue to a brighter shade will make it look more like cyan thus changing one set of confusing colors for another.

But changing the blue army outline to white, I believe, might also help your problem, as it would be another way of distinguishing blue from green. The real problem with blue armies on dark maps is that the map coloration and the blue army color are too dark thus leaving too little contrast between those colors and the black outline.

Having good contrast between outline colors and army colors is the reason why this is not a problem with, say, the yellow armies and any yellow regions on the maps.

For some reason, every time that I have pointed this out, I am not getting any response (positive or negative) to the idea of changing the outline color. I guess that I'll just keep saying it though hoping someday reason will prevail ;)
User avatar
Major agentcom
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login