What do you think of reserved games?

Great idea!!!
86%
Bad idea...
14%

Total votes : 7

¤RESERVED GAMES¤

Postby Molacole on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:52 pm

OK I know everyone says if you want certain people to join your game then make a private game. Honestly that sounds good and all, but it's not very practical for people who don't like trolling the call out forums.

My suggestion is would it be possible to create games where you can save a spot for your teammates?...

ex:

Create a game and have the option to add players name to your team under the how many players selection.

Molacole (feedback)
-reserved-
-reserved-
joe_shmoe (feedback)
-empty-
-empty-

OK now instead of having -empty- slots you would see -reserved- and others could join in unreserved spots!!! This would be a great option for clans looking to practice certain maps without having to be online or spending a lot of time and energy trying to organize private games...

what do you guys think?
Sergeant 1st Class Molacole

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:27 pm

I think this option, that is on the To-Do list, will work in place of this.

Option to make Private Games go Public

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby tals on Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:14 am

The reserved would be resolved by your suggestion Andy, however just say I see a 3 player game i'd like to join - I have no chance of getting my team in unless they are all online at the same time and even then you sometimes get a random getting in as the team is joining.

It would be useful to have some kind of unique identifier that allowed you to reserve the slots for other team members. Reserve slots could expire after 12 hours.

Tals
Sergeant tals

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Return to Archived Suggestions