Conquer Club

[Rules] Kick first turn dead beats

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Kick new recruits from game after missing the first turn

Postby JohnnyPlsk on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:36 am

greenoaks wrote:how about we kick them after they miss 3 that way we have given them a couple of chances

That's the way it is and that's too much
Corporal 1st Class JohnnyPlsk

Postby JBlombier on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:49 am

How about you buy Premium... That will give you the possibility to play speed games and more games at the time.
When I have a game with a deadbeat, I don't care. I got 20 more games going. Getting my point?
Colonel JBlombier

Postby JohnnyPlsk on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:06 am

Oh I see...it's all about money.
Then never mind, just close this thread.

Postby JBlombier on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:23 am

It's not about money at all. I played my first 400 games as a freemium player and never complained. Sure, there were deadbeats now and then, but there are ways to avoid games with New Recruits, because they are most likely to deadbeat in comparison to other players. Play team games, 6+ player games or games on complex maps and your problem will be solved 99% of the time.

I chose to buy premium, because I wanted to play more. The deadbeats had nothing to do with it.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:48 am

JBlombier wrote:It's not about money at all. I played my first 400 games as a freemium player and never complained. Sure, there were deadbeats now and then, but there are ways to avoid games with New Recruits, because they are most likely to deadbeat in comparison to other players. Play team games, 6+ player games or games on complex maps and your problem will be solved 99% of the time.

I chose to buy premium, because I wanted to play more. The deadbeats had nothing to do with it.

i too chose to buy premium because 4 wasn't enough, i had no idea what a deadbeat was

as i hover around 100 games i just don't notice

not even in speed games because i take the turns for the above mentioned games or i read the new posts in the forums
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby JohnnyPlsk on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:55 am

Ok, ok, stop that premium propaganda...we are discussing about suggestion here :roll:

Postby jeraado on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:36 am

You were the one who turned it into a premium/freemium debate. Your suggestion only really benefits freemiums, so its perfectly acceptable to suggest that if this is a problem for you, you should consider premium.

I think this suggestion is unnecessary and would put off new members, with very little benefit. As above, most members simply add another game if a deadbeat joins an existing game
Cadet jeraado

Postby JohnnyPlsk on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:45 am

jeraado wrote:You were the one who turned it into a premium/freemium debate. Your suggestion only really benefits freemiums, so its perfectly acceptable to suggest that if this is a problem for you, you should consider premium.

I think this suggestion is unnecessary and would put off new members, with very little benefit. As above, most members simply add another game if a deadbeat joins an existing game

Oh right, it's again all about money. If it benefits freemium members, you MUST NOT implement it. You can lock this thread.

Postby jeraado on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:12 am

Stop having a tantrum.

It's not about whether it benefits premium or freemium, its a tradeoff between the cost and benefit. My assertion is that the cost of losing new members is greater than the benefit to a limited group of users. This is a casual gaming site, and therefore it is expected that users will sometimes miss turns due to real life. If new members are kicked from their games because they were unable to take their first turn, then they will be less likely to stick with the site. For more serious users, premium is an option which allows speed games and the ability to make unlimited numbers of simultaneous games.

Why are you so keen to shut down debate on your own idea? That's the second time you've asked for your own thread to be locked, even though no guidelines have been broken. Perhaps if you actually looked at both sides of the debate you could provide a rational and reasoned response instead of this:

JohnnyPlsk wrote:I don't have to write conclusions or anything else because this suggestion is simple and clear. This game would be more enjoyable without new players that stop playing after joining a game.
Cadet jeraado

Postby JohnnyPlsk on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 am

jeraado wrote:Stop having a tantrum.

It's not about whether it benefits premium or freemium, its a tradeoff between the cost and benefit. My assertion is that the cost of losing new members is greater than the benefit to a limited group of users. This is a casual gaming site, and therefore it is expected that users will sometimes miss turns due to real life. If new members are kicked from their games because they were unable to take their first turn, then they will be less likely to stick with the site. For more serious users, premium is an option which allows speed games and the ability to make unlimited numbers of simultaneous games.

Why are you so keen to shut down debate on your own idea? That's the second time you've asked for your own thread to be locked, even though no guidelines have been broken. Perhaps if you actually looked at both sides of the debate you could provide a rational and reasoned response instead of this:

JohnnyPlsk wrote:I don't have to write conclusions or anything else because this suggestion is simple and clear. This game would be more enjoyable without new players that stop playing after joining a game.

Come on, you join a game for the first time, and then you are somehow unable to take your first turn in 24 hours. After that, you get kicked and you say "I will never visit this site again!". Right?
Nobody is having a tantrum - I'm not writing with many exclamation marks or CAPS LOCK turned on (which is considered as yelling). Also, I recommended to kick them after second turn if this is too fast, because missing second turn right after joining a site cannot be coincidence.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:38 pm

JohnnyPlsk wrote:
jeraado wrote:Stop having a tantrum.

Come on, you join a game for the first time, and then you are somehow unable to take your first turn in 24 hours. After that, you get kicked and you say "I will never visit this site again!". Right?
Nobody is having a tantrum - I'm not writing with many exclamation marks or CAPS LOCK turned on (which is considered as yelling). Also, I recommended to kick them after second turn if this is too fast, because missing second turn right after joining a site cannot be coincidence.

You seem to be acting like it. Someone opposes your idea, then "okay, shut it down". Every single option that has been implemented had opposition. And how do you know it can't be a coincidence? I've lost internet at my house for 72+ hours while being on this site a few times.

You are basically saying "screw new players, they don't get the same chance as we do".
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby JohnnyPlsk on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:57 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:You are basically saying "screw new players, they don't get the same chance as we do".

Be honest and tell me, did you ever see new player that missed first turn, and then played second?
Oh wait, you're premium so you can't know that.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:58 pm

JohnnyPlsk wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:You are basically saying "screw new players, they don't get the same chance as we do".

Be honest and tell me, did you ever see new player that missed first turn, and then played second?

Yes I have. I've seen it a lot of times.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Qwert on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:09 pm

for me its better to deadbeat-with all these s--t dices,i can not win in other way/
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby shocked439 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:19 pm

JohnnyPlsk wrote:

I know I'm premium so I have a biased opinion that will result in another demand to lock this thread but have you read any of tge suggestions or thought about other ways?

New recruits are new to the site they may not remember to check back in 24 hours.

New recruits are also limited to playing 5 player non team games. So stop creating games that are 5 or fewer players.

Instead of creating games search for a game with the setting you like and play against non new recruits. They tend to deadbeat less often.

And why would you cast stones when you tend to miss turns? I know 98% is usually considered good but when you think about how many turns that is in a game it's pretty bad. Maybe you should of been eliminated on each of those missed turns?
Sergeant shocked439

Postby Woodruff on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:01 pm

JohnnyPlsk wrote:
jeraado wrote:You were the one who turned it into a premium/freemium debate. Your suggestion only really benefits freemiums, so its perfectly acceptable to suggest that if this is a problem for you, you should consider premium.

Oh right, it's again all about money. If it benefits freemium members, you MUST NOT implement it. You can lock this thread.

Dude...seriously? Why do you keep responding like this?

Let me ask you this...if something benefits ONLY freemium members, where is the motivation for the site to implement it? You said "It's all about the money then!"...well, money is absolutely a consideration in any business. What increase in income will come about from the time spent implementing this suggestion?

Not to mention that you're not exactly innocent in the "missing turns" realm of things...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby GreatWhiteNorth on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:37 pm

I, as a chepo freemium player think that they should be tossed for missing the first turn too. It's not like they are joining games as the 2nd player of 4. It's always the last guy to join so oyu can't avoid it. You see that blue question mark and you know it's going to take 3 days to kick them out and the game is skewed to the one player that got a better drop. It feels like there is someone that is trying to screw the site over or it's the administrators trying to get you to go premium so that you'll have so many games going you won't notice. I never considered the second option until I read this discussion.

Rule Proposal: If a player is the last to join AND misses the first turn - the entire game gets mucked and is reposted without the player that missed the turn.
Major GreatWhiteNorth

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:07 pm

GreatWhiteNorth wrote:I, as a chepo freemium player think that they should be tossed for missing the first turn too. It's not like they are joining games as the 2nd player of 4. It's always the last guy to join so oyu can't avoid it. You see that blue question mark and you know it's going to take 3 days to kick them out and the game is skewed to the one player that got a better drop. It feels like there is someone that is trying to screw the site over or it's the administrators trying to get you to go premium so that you'll have so many games going you won't notice. I never considered the second option until I read this discussion.

Rule Proposal: If a player is the last to join AND misses the first turn - the entire game gets mucked and is reposted without the player that missed the turn.

Get over it. I've been on this site for 3 days after a 6 month break from this site, and there is deadbeat in a game of mine. if it hurt my feelings that much, I'd pony up the dough. I had premium for a year, and enjoyed it. If the deadbeat hurts your feelings that much, you need to get your priorities in order. Get a life.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:08 pm

By the way, it's still 25 bucks, right? I might upgrade next month, but I've got things to get done now. And so, I bid thee farewell CC forums! ;)
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Lubawski on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:16 pm

shocked439 wrote:New recruits are also limited to playing 5 player non team games. So stop creating games that are 5 or fewer players.

Instead of creating games search for a game with the setting you like and play against non new recruits. They tend to deadbeat less often.

Excellent suggestion, and polite too.

You are complaining that someone who is not paying to play on a site, is ruining your experience on a site that you do not pay for either, and you want someone to put in a large amount of their time to appease people who are not paying for the service in the first place. Did I get that right?

I know, I know. It's all about the money. Tell you what, tell me what you do for a living, then I'll ask you to provide me with that service for 20 hours or so and I won't give you anything back. Sound good?
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:28 pm

At OP, just curious, are you a liberal or conservative by your own definition? :lol:
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby JohnnyPlsk on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Lubawski wrote:
shocked439 wrote:New recruits are also limited to playing 5 player non team games. So stop creating games that are 5 or fewer players.

Excellent suggestion, and polite too.

You are complaining that someone who is not paying to play on a site, is ruining your experience on a site that you do not pay for either, and you want someone to put in a large amount of their time to appease people who are not paying for the service in the first place. Did I get that right?

I know, I know. It's all about the money. Tell you what, tell me what you do for a living, then I'll ask you to provide me with that service for 20 hours or so and I won't give you anything back. Sound good?

Ooh, facebook is free, google is free, MSN is free...I guess Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates are poor.

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Facebook, Msn and google have multiple millions of users, and plenty of advertisments and pay to play games connected to them that make Gates and Zuckerberg rich. Lack has this website that he makes money off of. that's it. Now, maybe you would like to make another suggestion thread that he sell an advertisement banner spot on the website and then lower the price of membership, but I don't think it's really worth it. it's a free game, you have no right to complain.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby JohnnyPlsk on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:01 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:Facebook, Msn and google have multiple millions of users, and plenty of advertisments and pay to play games connected to them that make Gates and Zuckerberg rich. Lack has this website that he makes money off of. that's it. Now, maybe you would like to make another suggestion thread that he sell an advertisement banner spot on the website and then lower the price of membership, but I don't think it's really worth it. it's a free game, you have no right to complain.

I'm not saying they should make it absolutely free for everyone, or even lower restrictions for free users, however the problem is that if it benefits free users only, it won't be implented.

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:08 pm

because you aren't paying for it. =) Premiums pay to have stuff done for them, in effect. =P
Captain Mr_Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions