Conquer Club

[Rules] Kick first turn dead beats

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Rules] Kick first turn dead beats

Postby Ran Taro on Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:23 pm

[MOD EDIT: This is a repository for all suggestions that would have players kicked out of a game for missing the first turn. This includes suggestions that would have this rule be applicable only to new recruits.

For other missed turn suggestions, see here.

If you see any suggestions that should be merged here, please post here or inform a moderator. Thank you. --agentcom
]

I think there should be an option to auto kick first turn deadbeats. I don't really want to play with people who I don't even know if they are gonna be bothered to show up, and are gonna make me wait for the privelidge of knowing, and perhaps, after many days of waiting, to play with them.

I'm playing a sequential game at the moment where NO ONE has attacked except for me. It is a total unfun, frustrating waste of time waiting 5 days for a turn in a dead game, just to not surrender.

Not to mention the fact that (in comparison to the frustration it causes) it isn't even really a very fun or fair tactic to pretend you are a total deadbeat, then make someone who is actually playing fairly wait through ALMOST A MONTH OF UTTER BOREDOM before suddenly surprising them with a squillion armies. You should at least have the option to play a sequential game without playing in such a total farce.

That's my 2c anyhow.
Last edited by JamesKer1 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited title and post and created introduction
Corporal Ran Taro

Postby lackattack on Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:42 pm

I feel that it would be too harsh to auto-kick after missing round 1. I'm sure many new players miss the first round, recover and become good veteran players.

There has to be a balance between giving new players a chance to figure it out and not pissing off veterans. I am open to adjusting auto-kick to happen after 3 missed turns instead of 4.

Why don't you add a poll to this topic: When should deadbeats be kicked-out?
a) after missing round 1
b) after missing 2 consecutive rounds
c) after missing 3 consecutive rounds
d) after missing 4 consecutive rounds

Like a dictator, I will do what I see fit but I can be swayed by the vote :wink:
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Ran Taro on Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:08 pm

I agree it might be too harsh as a blanket rule.

However, it should be an option when you start a game, so veterans can choose not to play with first turn deadbeats. This would get rid of an awful lot of "total" deadbeats right off the bat, making people less frustrated overall, and with an option to deal with their frustration.

I'll maybe I'll start a poll and see.
Corporal Ran Taro

Deatbeats from start of game

Postby JoeyB on Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:32 am

Hi,

I was wondering if you think anyone who misses the first and second turn of a game, shold be kicked automatically?

IE Dont wait for the 3rd turn if they miss the 1st 2. Perhaps its a small change but I think it would improve the overall experience.

JB
Private 1st Class JoeyB

Postby Spockers on Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:34 am

I would say just first turn.
Private 1st Class Spockers

Postby gavin_sidhu on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:00 am

Spockers wrote:I would say just first turn.
Not first turn, ppl do sometimes miss there turn. When in a busy period i log on once a day and sometimes they are spaced more than 24 hours apart.

I think another good suggestion would be to have armies only doubled, u can usually deal with double armies, triple armies hurt.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby RexRegis on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:02 am

doubles would be enought, or they would always be kicked out on the 2nd missed turn...

I hate playing a game that takes 3 days and then he comes back with tripple reinforcements... even worse if there is more then one doing this.

and I agree with Spockers, first turn shouldn't be missed...
Sergeant RexRegis

Postby moz976 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:30 am

This is what I wrote in a thread similar thread and I think it applies to this suggestion as well

moz976 wrote:This has been suggested several times in many different forms. I think the bottom line is we don't want to discourage anyone from coming back to play. I remember the first game I set up I didn't realize how the game worked and went deadbeat on the first few games that I signed up for. But later I came back and haven't left since.
So just remember we were all noobs at one time and we wouldn't have wanted to be restricted when we first came to the site.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:05 pm

i am always missing some of my turns due to my crazy schedule (marching band, rock climbing, homework, school, sleep, etc.)

sometimes its unavoidable to miss a turn or two here and there and i dont think people should be kicked before their 3 turn limit
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Backglass on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:39 pm

moz976 wrote:I think the bottom line is we don't want to discourage anyone from coming back to play.

But they arent playing in the first place...thats the point.
The Pro-TipĀ®, SkyDaddyĀ® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby Herakilla on Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:01 pm

just make it so each player can only miss like 5 turns the WHOLE game, if 3 are in a row boot them but if they miss a total of 5 boot them. i hate people who purposefully miss turns even though it doesnt gain them any armies
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby gavin_sidhu on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:59 am

Herakilla wrote:just make it so each player can only miss like 5 turns the WHOLE game, if 3 are in a row boot them but if they miss a total of 5 boot them. i hate people who purposefully miss turns even though it doesnt gain them any armies
What about those games that go on for a long time, easy to get 5 missed turns.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:58 pm

Herakilla wrote:just make it so each player can only miss like 5 turns the WHOLE game, if 3 are in a row boot them but if they miss a total of 5 boot them. i hate people who purposefully miss turns even though it doesnt gain them any armies

bad idea...
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Missed first turn automatic deadbeat [Rejected]

Postby Xyl on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:27 pm

* Suggestion Idea: Players who miss their first turn should be kicked out of the game immediately.
* Why it is needed: Many new recruits sign up, join four games, and then deadbeat. In most cases, they never play a single turn. Everyone has to wait for them to miss three turns and deadbeat, delaying the game 72 hours. If missing turn 1 was an automatic deadbeat, almost all the new recruit deadbeats would be kicked after delaying the game only 24 hours. Very few other players would be affected, because missing turn 1 is almost always a sign that the player is going to deadbeat.
Major Xyl

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:01 pm

We are looking into other ways to combat deadbeaters, and kicking them on the first turn is the last thing we want to do, as the whole idea of missed turns is to get people to come back.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Xyl on Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:06 pm

I'm not sure how kicking someone on the first turn makes them not want to come back. Surely, when they do come back, they'd have just as much fun joining another game using their now-free slot as they would trying to get a start in a game where everyone else has a lead of a turn or two? If points are an issue, this goes well with the "no points for new recruit deadbeats" idea.
Major Xyl

Suggestion for dealing with deadbeats

Postby kingpin01 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:37 pm

I don't know if this has been suggested before. How about if you miss the first turn of the game, you automatically get kicked out. There's really no excuse for missing the first turn. If you just signed up, you should know that you're going to play in the next few days. After the first turn, it could go back to the usual 3 days for disqualification. It seems like most of the deadbeats (and I've only played 4 games so far) haven't played a single turn, and it takes the game 3 turns to get going.

Any thoughts?
Private 1st Class kingpin01

Postby misterman10 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:39 pm

Already been suggested
about a million times
And I will never support this idea
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby 3seven1 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:45 pm

If you just join a game it doesn't mean it's your turn right away. When you start a game you still have to wait for people to join and get the game started. IF you join a freestyle game and you are the last person to go then yes, you can go first. Otherwise the starting person is random.
Corporal 1st Class 3seven1

Postby BeastofBurson on Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:25 pm

if you want faster games..play 1v1 games

99% of the time they end up becoming RT games....

thats usually what I play when I want faster games
Dancing Mustard wrote:Are you flirting with me? Your angry posts are just the equivalent of school-yard pigtail-pulling.
wicked wrote:We like to give the mental patients a chance to get back on their meds.
Cadet BeastofBurson

Kick new players sooner

Postby Sprocc on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:14 pm

Far too often new players join a game and never re login for their second turn

lets have a policy that anyone still in their first 5 games (and not a paid member) that misses a turn is kicked straight away rather than us having to wait three turns for them to be Kicked
Colonel Sprocc

Re: Kick new players sooner

Postby lancehoch on Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:19 pm

This would be open to abuse. Someone could create a bunch of multis, have them join their games, and then not have to wait as long for the payoff.

EDIT: Also, what if someone new is winning a game, then has something happen, and they cannot take their turn. Do we just end their game, not giving them the same chances as everyone else? This is a casual gaming site, people still have lives in the real world, stuff happens.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Hrvat on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:05 am

Sprocc wrote:Far too often new players join a game and never re login for their second turn

lets have a policy that anyone still in their first 5 games (and not a paid member) that misses a turn is kicked straight away rather than us having to wait three turns for them to be Kicked

No :!:

I'll never pay for another Premium on ConquerClub.
Lieutenant Hrvat

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:13 pm

We don't want to get rid of our new players...because they are our new players! We want them to stay, not drive them away.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Sprocc wrote:Far too often new players join a game and never re login for their second turn

You're premium. Make more games...
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Next

Return to Suggestions