Conquer Club

[Forum] Usergroup Leader Powers

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Usergroup / Clan Leaders Powers

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:18 pm

blakebowling wrote:phpBB Modder - Checking in (after a long vacation from CC I may say)
andy or OP, if you give me a list of exactly what you don't want usergroup leaders to see (feel free to PM me) I'll start work on a mod that accomplishes it.

I know that lack is quite clever at stuff like this. And I'm sure if he wants it done then he will do it himself. Im also sure he doesnt want to make it known what he doesnt want people to see. ;)
My 2c is i think this would be a bad idea as we have already seen people abuse clan leader privs.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby soundman on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:24 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
blakebowling wrote:phpBB Modder - Checking in (after a long vacation from CC I may say)
andy or OP, if you give me a list of exactly what you don't want usergroup leaders to see (feel free to PM me) I'll start work on a mod that accomplishes it.

I know that lack is quite clever at stuff like this. And I'm sure if he wants it done then he will do it himself. Im also sure he doesnt want to make it known what he doesnt want people to see. ;)
My 2c is i think this would be a bad idea as we have already seen people abuse clan leader privs.

Very few have ever abused it (not like there's much to abuse :roll: ). And blake is good at doing that sort of thing. Go blake! =D>
Lieutenant soundman

Postby blakebowling on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:59 pm

lord voldemort wrote:

Everyone wouldn't know though, only me. Regardless, anyone could install phpbb and see what kind of personal information you could get as a moderator that regular users couldn't get.
Private blakebowling

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:42 am

What you should do, Blake---is work on a general forum phpBB mod---so your work can be used by all those who use phpBB forums. Most of the time, when Lack wants a phpBB mod, he prefers to use those open to the general public, to further the use of Free phpBB.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby hwhrhett on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:27 am

lord voldemort wrote:

lack has in the past encouraged people to make mods for phpbb for things that they want to see here that he doesnt have as much interest in...
Cook hwhrhett

Postby blakebowling on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:37 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:What you should do, Blake---is work on a general forum phpBB mod---so your work can be used by all those who use phpBB forums. Most of the time, when Lack wants a phpBB mod, he prefers to use those open to the general public, to further the use of Free phpBB.

--Andy

That would take longer (probably) than one coded special for CC, but I'll still work on it.. I'll post here when I get stuff accomplished.
Private blakebowling

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:07 am

Right, general modifications may take longer, but phpBB has a nice community of developers, and Lack has always wanted to encourage the continuation of that developer community.

--Andy

Postby b00060 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Absolutely. Forums are getting cluttered with a lot of useless stuff.
Major b00060

Postby killerpit4e on Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:20 pm

i fully susport this idea
Private 1st Class killerpit4e

Postby cpurcell on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:44 pm

So, has this been making any headway? Or just been pointlessly taking up forum space... :? ?
---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

Postby blakebowling on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:01 pm

cpurcell wrote:So, has this been making any headway? Or just been pointlessly taking up forum space... :? ?
---C

I've been looking at it and I can't find anything that can't be hidden via the already existing permission system.
Private blakebowling

Postby soundman on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:09 pm

blakebowling wrote:
cpurcell wrote:So, has this been making any headway? Or just been pointlessly taking up forum space... :? ?
---C

I've been looking at it and I can't find anything that can't be hidden via the already existing permission system.

So we could be getting power over our usergroups forums soon? [-o<
Lieutenant soundman

Postby blakebowling on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:20 pm

soundman wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
---C

So we could be getting power over our usergroups forums soon? [-o<

waiting for further reasons/excuses from the admins
Private blakebowling

Postby andy_is_awesome on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:56 pm

lord voldemort wrote:

How do you abuse usergroup sub-forums?
Can I really abuse putting clan challenges in the clan challenge sub-forum
Intra-clan tourneys/ladders in the intra-clan subforum?
Abuse in deleting ancient threads?

I don't see any harm in what we're asking for. And if the issue is seeing personal user info, lets quick and get that fixed. PLEASE :D

And at the moment we can't even accoplish all this with e-tickets either
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby soundman on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:28 am

Any news yet?
Lieutenant soundman

Postby soundman on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:59 am

Has anything happened regarding this?
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Night Strike on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:01 pm

You're asking on the wrong forum. As has been stated many times, get someone at phpbb to design the necessarily forum MOD, and then bring that here to this thread if you want something to happen.
Major Night Strike

Postby Snowgun on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Would this work?

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=468852

So, is it the member's responsibility to find/code the php used here in CC for functionality? Shouldn't the coders of this site (which we pay for) code or ask phpbb community for help to develop this mod? Apparently enough people request it.
Sergeant Snowgun

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Snowgun wrote:Would this work?

So, is it the member's responsibility to find/code the php used here in CC for functionality? Shouldn't the coders of this site (which we pay for) code or ask phpbb community for help to develop this mod? Apparently enough people request it.

We've asked before for such a mod to be created by the phpBB Community. Lackattack isn't going to spend time coding a mod for the forum most likely, however, when there is a large community of dedicated coders out there.

--Andy

Postby Kotaro on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:31 am

blakebowling wrote:I've been looking at it and I can't find anything that can't be hidden via the already existing permission system.

Read -

Lack can do it, but Lack wants another community to do it for him, so he can do other things he thinks the site wants.

Read -

Lack doesn't know what his community wants.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby blakebowling on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:27 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Snowgun wrote:Would this work?

We've asked before for such a mod to be created by the phpBB Community. Lackattack isn't going to spend time coding a mod for the forum most likely, however, when there is a large community of dedicated coders out there.

--Andy

As I have posted several times, and sent you messages about, if you tell me what features you want included in this mod, I will write one and run it through the phpBB Mod Process.
Private blakebowling

Postby andy_is_awesome on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:34 pm

It feels close now.

If I doesn't happen soon, I might start suspecting a conspiracy :-$
Major andy_is_awesome

Postby blakebowling on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:32 pm

andy_is_awesome wrote:It feels close now.

If I doesn't happen soon, I might start suspecting a conspiracy :-$

Still waiting.
Private blakebowling

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 pm

I think this topic has earlier mentioned what was wanted in a modification. I'd also see what the general phpbb community wants as well.

--Andy

Postby cpurcell on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:37 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I think this topic has earlier mentioned what was wanted in a modification. I'd also see what the general phpbb community wants as well.

--Andy

Hope you can make this work Andy! If you do, I'll talk to Lack, and get him to give you a bunch of bananas as a snack 8-) :lol:
---C
Major cpurcell

Location: Bashing my keyboard because luck just screwed me to a noob! Oh, and Eastern PA

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions