Conquer Club

[Forum] Usergroup Leader Powers

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Granting Private Forum Moderator Privileges to Clan Leaders

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:52 pm

blakebowling wrote:As the board is now phpBB 3.0.3, moderators can only see logs for forums that they moderate. I guess all that's left to do is grant privelages to the leaders.

Unless Lack and Twill don't feel that the clan leaders can use the power responsibly. Which, to be honest, I can think of only 3 or 4 clan leaders who would be guaranteed to use the power properly. They have to decide if they really want the potential mess it could create on their hands.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby blakebowling on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
blakebowling wrote:As the board is now phpBB 3.0.3, moderators can only see logs for forums that they moderate. I guess all that's left to do is grant privelages to the leaders.

Unless Lack and Twill don't feel that the clan leaders can use the power responsibly. Which, to be honest, I can think of only 3 or 4 clan leaders who would be guaranteed to use the power properly. They have to decide if they really want the potential mess it could create on their hands.

Potential mess? Just don't give them the power to move threads or Change Posters (which only admins can do now). And no announcement posting power.
Private blakebowling

Postby Kotaro on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Unless Lack and Twill don't feel that the clan leaders can use the power responsibly. Which, to be honest, I can think of only 3 or 4 clan leaders who would be guaranteed to use the power properly. They have to decide if they really want the potential mess it could create on their hands.

The only thing they would have power over is there own private forums, which, as leaders, should be their rights to do so. And why would leaders use their powers badly? That'd just lose them members.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby jpcloet on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:

Hopefully that includes me..... 8-)
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:21 am

Kotaro wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:Unless Lack and Twill don't feel that the clan leaders can use the power responsibly. Which, to be honest, I can think of only 3 or 4 clan leaders who would be guaranteed to use the power properly. They have to decide if they really want the potential mess it could create on their hands.

The only thing they would have power over is there own private forums, which, as leaders, should be their rights to do so. And why would leaders use their powers badly? That'd just lose them members.

You would be surprised, Kotaro, you would be incredibly surprised at what stupid things can happen when people are given new buttons to push at their own fancy.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:22 am

blakebowling wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

Potential mess? Just don't give them the power to move threads or Change Posters (which only admins can do now). And no announcement posting power.

What about editing posts even if it's just to be funny? Merging threads, deleting threads, splitting threads. It can all be abused, and WILL be at some point. I promise it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the ability to do a little spring cleaning in the G1 forum, but I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby blakebowling on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:38 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:

What about editing posts even if it's just to be funny? Merging threads, deleting threads, splitting threads. It can all be abused, and WILL be at some point. I promise it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the ability to do a little spring cleaning in the G1 forum, but I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.

Right, they could totally f*ck up their own forum, but, its their forum. I say, let them do with it what they wish.
Private blakebowling

Postby nagerous on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Blake has a point, if people want to abuse and mess around with their own usergroups, they'll just lose out in the long run.
Captain nagerous

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:18 pm

I've notified Lack about the topic. I know he wants to increase clan membership and begin working on more clan specific things, so perhaps this is a good first step in that direction. He'll most likely review it over the next couple of days. We'll see...

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby GrimReaper. on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:28 pm

haza
When the first Atom bomb test was complete a colleague of Oppenheimer said: "What an Awesome and Foul display of Power." a moment later he added, "Now we are all sons of bitches"
Private GrimReaper.

Postby blakebowling on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:49 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I've notified Lack about the topic. I know he wants to increase clan membership and begin working on more clan specific things, so perhaps this is a good first step in that direction. He'll most likely review it over the next couple of days. We'll see...

--Andy

I had a discussion with lack as well, after fixing the problem of Leaders being able to view IP's he said this would probably be waiting until January, when Twill returns from vacation.
Private blakebowling

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:16 pm

blakebowling wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I've notified Lack about the topic. I know he wants to increase clan membership and begin working on more clan specific things, so perhaps this is a good first step in that direction. He'll most likely review it over the next couple of days. We'll see...

--Andy

I had a discussion with lack as well, after fixing the problem of Leaders being able to view IP's he said this would probably be waiting until January, when Twill returns from vacation.

I'm going to bump this as it's been a while and I really want this done.
Private blakebowling

Postby sailorseal on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:03 pm

Yes, Yes Yes, Yes!!!!
I have wanted this ever since I became a clan leader
Cook sailorseal

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:14 pm

Keep this bumped and stick a poll on it :)
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby lanyards on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Yeah, this is completely necessary.
But I don't think a poll is, who would not want this?
I guess I'll have one just to show how many people want it then.
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Re: Usergroup / Clan Leaders Powers

Postby sailorseal on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:32 pm

Please, Please, Please.
This would make my life sooooooooooooo much easier
Cook sailorseal

Postby owenshooter on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:34 pm

sailorseal wrote:Please, Please, Please.

yeah, you've had to deal with clan issues for what, all of a week? if that? i can only imagine how chock-full-o dead threads your forum is, and how many times you've had to stay up creating private games for in-clan battles... :roll: :roll: :roll: the black jesus is amused...-0

p.s.-it will get done when it gets done.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby sailorseal on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:36 pm

owenshooter wrote:

yeah, you've had to deal with clan issues for what, all of a week? if that? i can only imagine how chock-full-o dead threads your forum is, and how many times you've had to stay up creating private games for in-clan battles... :roll: :roll: :roll: the black jesus is amused...-0

Less then a week but I have a friend that enjoys making threads to annoy me and then logging off. With this I would be able to delete it right?
Cook sailorseal

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:03 pm

sailorseal wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

Less then a week but I have a friend that enjoys making threads to annoy me and then logging off. With this I would be able to delete it right?

Yes.

It will be done when it gets done, but I'm pushing to have it done sooner than later (as well as the OTIS stuff)
Private blakebowling

Postby Calidrmr on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 pm

just weighing in as a clan leader...this would be a wonderful addition to clans & their leaders...and although i see what Optimus Prime is saying, i think most, if not all clan leaders could be trusted with these permissions, and like others have pointed out, the forums are private & any f*ckups would only affect the clan, not CC as a whole...
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby sailorseal on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Maybe only competitive clan leaders get the privileges and they can be removed
Cook sailorseal

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:55 pm

InsomniaRed wrote:This is why I have an off-site forum for my clan.

Guys, I must say that this makes sense, and is a great idea, but I get the feeling that there is a reason this hasn't been done yet. We are all always complaining about the backlog of suggestions. Wouldn't it be easier to just get an off-site forum and allow the CC Team time to work on the bevy of other updates we are clamoring for?

I personally just feel that rather than assuming that there is an easy coding fix, or that it could lead to various abuses, or that we understand Lack's innermost thoughts and desires, there are plenty of free message board sites that would allow you to do whatever you wanted to your own threads, and are available now.

Cheers
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby Calidrmr on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:59 pm

SuicidalSnowman wrote:

Guys, I must say that this makes sense, and is a great idea, but I get the feeling that there is a reason this hasn't been done yet. We are all always complaining about the backlog of suggestions. Wouldn't it be easier to just get an off-site forum and allow the CC Team time to work on the bevy of other updates we are clamoring for?

I personally just feel that rather than assuming that there is an easy coding fix, or that it could lead to various abuses, or that we understand Lack's innermost thoughts and desires, there are plenty of free message board sites that would allow you to do whatever you wanted to your own threads, and are available now.

Cheers

ok...sounds reasonable to me...can you give me a link or something to get this started? & how private are these? sorry...but not that familiar with running message boards/forums except for here... :oops:
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:00 pm

SuicidalSnowman wrote:

Cheers

There isn't any need to change coding now, it has been fixed in the latest update of phpbb, all lack has to do is push buttons to add the permissions.
Private blakebowling

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:01 pm

sailorseal wrote:Maybe only competitive clan leaders get the privileges and they can be removed

Why only competetive clan leaders? I think it is more important for discussion groups. But they should be removed if they are abused, leadership ability should be removed completely if they cant be responsible.
Private blakebowling

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions