Conquer Club

[Forum] Usergroup Leader Powers

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Usergroup / Clan Leaders Powers

Postby Namor on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:34 am

blakebowling wrote:As I have mentioned several times in this thread. List the EXACT features and changes that this mod needs to have and I will work on coding it.

Much of the code for these is probably already in existence (since site mods have these powers) and will, hopefully, only require slight modification to ensure that clan leaders don't also end up with access to members personal details.

a) the ability to delete old threads
    b) the ability to delete posts within a thread
    c) the ability to lock a thread (allowing no further posts, but still allowing the existing posts to be edited by it's author)
    d) the ability to make subforums and move threads from one subforum to another
    e) only leaders are able to sticky/unsticky a thread (whether they are the author or not)

If this could be arranged, I'm sure you'd be a very popular guy amongst clan leaders 8-)
Colonel Namor

Postby alex951 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 pm

of course to prevent lose of post count the ability to lock old threads and the ability to edit threads will do just fine :D and yes we would all love you oh so much
Corporal alex951

Postby blakebowling on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:23 am

I've got a few other projects that are currently taking priority. However this is on my to-do list.
Private blakebowling

Postby Namor on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:29 pm

blakebowling wrote:I've got a few other projects that are currently taking priority. However this is on my to-do list.

Thanks... I will be giving you a poke occasionally though. You know the saying, "It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease". ;)
Colonel Namor

Postby DresdenSooner on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 am

Namor wrote:Much of the code for these is probably already in existence (since site mods have these powers) and will, hopefully, only require slight modification to ensure that clan leaders don't also end up with access to members personal details.

c) the ability to lock a thread (allowing no further posts, but still allowing the existing posts to be edited by it's author)
    e) only leaders are able to sticky/unsticky a thread (whether they are the author or not)

If this could be arranged, I'm sure you'd be a very popular guy amongst clan leaders 8-)

As leader of The Dark Knights of Chaos, I would also like to see these privileges extended to Clan Leader(s). I believe it would be a great benefit to our clan and help keep the forums more active. No one wants to sift through random threads to find the important thread about the current clan war, for example. If it takes a squeaky wheel, then squeak, squeak.

DresdenSooner

PS: According to the poll there is an overwhelming mandate for these changes to take place.
Highest Rank: Major May24,2010
Sergeant 1st Class DresdenSooner

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:11 am

DresdenSooner wrote:
Namor wrote:Much of the code for these is probably already in existence (since site mods have these powers) and will, hopefully, only require slight modification to ensure that clan leaders don't also end up with access to members personal details.

As leader of The Dark Knights of Chaos, I would also like to see these privileges extended to Clan Leader(s). I believe it would be a great benefit to our clan and help keep the forums more active. No one wants to sift through random threads to find the important thread about the current clan war, for example. If it takes a squeaky wheel, then squeak, squeak.

DresdenSooner

PS: According to the poll there is an overwhelming mandate for these changes to take place.

This is for users who don't feel like reading this thread.

AndyDufresne wrote:What we need, namor, if a phpBB modification from the phpBB folks. But there isn't much interest over there in creating the mod.

--Andy

blakebowling wrote:I've got a few other projects that are currently taking priority. However this is on my to-do list.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby DresdenSooner on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Not sure from the post, TheForgivenOne, but it seems like I may have offended you in some way. I did not intend to do that. I just wanted to add my support to the topic. I had in fact already read those two quotes, and understand that progress is being made.

DS
Sergeant 1st Class DresdenSooner

Postby Darwins_Bane on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:16 pm

he wasnt...he's literally just highlighting some points so that ppl don't have to read the whole thread....i think. :)
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby Namor on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:39 pm

DresdenSooner wrote:Not sure from the post, TheForgivenOne, but it seems like I may have offended you in some way. I did not intend to do that. I just wanted to add my support to the topic. I had in fact already read those two quotes, and understand that progress is being made.

DS

I'm sure it wasn't intended for you only... more a reminder to everyone, that it hasn't been overlooked.

But as you quite rightly point out, the oil ends up on the squeaky wheel. So we should periodically nudge those busy phpBB memory banks ;)
Colonel Namor

Postby blakebowling on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:08 pm

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but this is still on the list, it is slowly climbing its way to the top.
Private blakebowling

Usergroup Leader Sticky Powers

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Concise description:
  • Give usergroup leaders sticky/unsticky powers to all topics.

Specifics/Details:
  • Basically, if someone stickies a topic, the group leader can unsticky it and vice versa.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Well, those of us in Qomedy Qlub certainly know what it's like to be assaulted by stickied exclamation marks, and I think this is a great way for the group leader to control the group and its threads. This is a necessity!
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Usergroup Leader Sticky Powers

Postby theherkman on Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Seconded...
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:15 pm

NO!! How dare you impose your totalitarian will upon the masses! Let us stand for the freedom and liberty of sticking our stickies in whatever place we want, whenever we want, and for whatever duration we the people deem necessary. What I find disgusting is how the OP conceals such evil intentions... He must be punished!!!--by having a resounding NO towards his proposal.

Once again, if you support totalitarianism, go with "YES."

If you support individual freedom, love, creativity, and cute kitties, go with "NO."
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:17 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:NO!! How dare you impose your totalitarian will upon the masses! Let us stand for the freedom and liberty of sticking our stickies in whatever place we want, whenever we want, and for whatever duration we the people deem necessary. What I find disgusting is how the OP conceals such evil intentions... He must be punished!!!--by having a resounding NO towards his proposal.

If you support individual freedom, love, creativity, and cute kitties, go with "NO."

i prefer cute puppies so thats a big yes for me
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Alright, I have Merged these two threads together because I feel they are asking for the same thing.

Sully, if you feel you don't want the whole she-bang of what lanyards suggested, I can split the two threads apart.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:19 pm

greenoaks wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:NO!! How dare you impose your totalitarian will upon the masses! Let us stand for the freedom and liberty of sticking our stickies in whatever place we want, whenever we want, and for whatever duration we the people deem necessary. What I find disgusting is how the OP conceals such evil intentions... He must be punished!!!--by having a resounding NO towards his proposal.

i prefer cute puppies so thats a big yes for me

cute puppies is categorized under "NO" therefore, you just voted NO.

thank you, comrade, for your contribution.

TFO, lord be praised, what's your stance on this issue? We need total coverage!!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:11 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Alright, I have Merged these two threads together because I feel they are asking for the same thing.

Sully, if you feel you don't want the whole she-bang of what lanyards suggested, I can split the two threads apart.

It's cool. I support his idea. Cuz, I mean, who's gonna moderate the usergroups if the leaders don't have mod powers?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby notyou2 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Alright, I have Merged these two threads together because I feel they are asking for the same thing.

It's cool. I support his idea. Cuz, I mean, who's gonna moderate the usergroups if the leaders don't have mod powers?

Big brother is watching.
Captain notyou2

Postby John Deere on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 am

Great idea! Clan leaders should be able to lock post also, if clan member dont like it they can leave the clan. No one will make them stay ;) :lol:
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby theherkman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:16 am

I'm convinced. SAY NO!!!
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Re: Usergroup Leader Powers

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:42 pm

This issue has come up again in another usergroup of mine. I would like this stickied, if possible. I feel the 16 pages of posts seems to warrant this.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:This issue has come up again in another usergroup of mine. I would like this stickied, if possible. I feel the 16 pages of posts seems to warrant this.

blakebowling already has this on his list of things to do in the forums. I don't know where it currently is on his to-do list though.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby notyou2 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:45 pm

DO NOT STICKY THIS THREAD.

That would be bad. Very, very, bad.
Captain notyou2

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 pm

notyou2 wrote:DO NOT STICKY THIS THREAD.

My thoughts exactly.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:00 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
notyou2 wrote:DO NOT STICKY THIS THREAD.

My thoughts exactly.

Lol, why?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions