Conquer Club

[GL] Game Log 2.0

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Game Log 2.0 [To-Do]

Postby iambligh on Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:00 pm

I'd like to see BOB featured incorporated into the log. Also, the log should keep statistics such as total troops lost, total attacks, total times attacked...
Sergeant 1st Class iambligh

Re:

Postby Joodoo on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:18 am

jk wrote:i don't mean to cry about this or anything but it will ruin a lot of tactics and should be optional just like cards, to check if the new game log has a positive or negative effect

definitely
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Suggestion: Addition of information in the Game Log

Postby king sam on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Addition of information in the Game Log:
  • showing all moves a player makes (successful & unsuccessful attacks attempted)
  • showing the cost of troops that a player used in his turn

Example:
An unsuccessful attack
  • Time Date Stamp - Player X depleted 4 troops from Player Y's A8 sacrificing 7 troops from A11
A successful attack
  • Time Date Stamp - Player X depleted and conquered 3 troops from Player Y's A4 sacrificing 2 troops from A3
An unsuccessful bombardment
  • Time Date Stamp - Player X bombarded 2 troops from Player Y's A10 sacrificing 2 troops from A4
A successful bombardment
  • Time Date Stamp - Player X bombarded and annihilated 3 troops from Player Y's A9 sacrificing 1 troop from A10

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • allow for users to keep a better track as to what others users intentions are
    (seeing their willingness to sacrifice troops for territories)
  • allow for a better accountability on a players actions
    (numbers speak for themselves, this addition will show if a user has unnecessarily wasted troops)

Didn't see this idea posted anywhere and thought in a few games that this information would be pertinent and helpful. (Assassin settings, Feudal Map are a few)

Sorry if its already been out there, did a search but like I said didn't see it.

Thanks,
King Sam
Sergeant king sam

Re: Suggestion: Addition of information in the Game Log

Postby Joodoo on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:21 am

TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Re: Suggestion: Addition of information in the Game Log

Postby king sam on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:28 am

Joodoo wrote:Game Log 2.0

Nice.. Thanks
Sergeant king sam

Re: Deleting old logs, viewing replays and such

Postby ender516 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:01 am

Sorry if some of this has already been sorted out: I posted before I realised that I had only read the first page of posts. It's very late....
Rik Meleet wrote:
lackattack wrote:Game Log 2.0
* logs will be deleted on old games to make room for all these dice rolls
I really really like the idea of replays. a remark on the quoted part: if you can, have it available for downloading before deleting.
Personally: In a replay I'm not that interested in dice-rolls; just who owns what land.

Programming feasibility question: Would a downloaded game be replayable, or would one have to upload it again? I mean, is it conceivable that the replay utility could run offline, or would that require putting too much of the game engine on the client side of things?

Storage suggestion: Perhaps it should be possible to prevent the deletion of a completed game: "save your faves". One for freemium, more for premium members? Preserving games on the site for tutorial purposes could help groups like The Society of the Cooks. The ability to add extra comments (post-game analysis) could be quite useful, too. Integration with the forum would be terrific!

Dice rolls: I agree, cube-by-cube replay might make replays more entertaining to watch, but it is not essential in my mind. Knowing where attacks were attempted and which succeeded or failed is what's important. Anything that affects positions and troop strength should be recorded. (Do games that automatically revert certain territories to neutral record this in the game log now? I have not yet played such a map.)

Game option: Since users may base strategies on the lack of information in the game log as it is now, the extended game log should be selectable when starting a game, like fog of war.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby sailorseal on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:47 pm

iambligh wrote:I'd like to see BOB featured incorporated into the log. Also, the log should keep statistics such as total troops lost, total attacks, total times attacked...

Once BOB becomes a site feature this will happen, also was it necessary to necro bump this? What's with all the necro bumping recently?
Cook sailorseal

Postby ender516 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:14 pm

sailorseal wrote:What's with all the necro bumping recently?

What do you consider necro bumping? If someone is exploring the forum, and finds a open topic to which they can contribute, should they hold their tongue just because a few weeks have gone by? There are over 60000 topics with 1.8 million posts in this forum. It might take a new user a while to find something of interest to them about which they have something worth saying.
Besides, aren't you the member who was suggesting a special PM after 50 games which would invite a member to check out the forum? What do you expect them to do, quietly admire the wisdom already posted?
In my mind, bumping occurs when a poster adds nothing of substance, especially when that poster was already the last poster. What I see here looks like dialogue.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Suggestion: Game Archives

Postby Dublanous1 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:17 pm

A cool feature would be looking at a finished game and being able to click through the turns and see the "archives" of the game, and I searched the topic and I don't think someone has suggested it before, but there is a good chance someone has. Let me know what you all think.
Sergeant 1st Class Dublanous1

Re: Suggestion: Game Archives

Postby Thezzaruz on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:00 am

You are right, it most likely has been suggested before. Though you might need to explain what you mean by "archives" before we can tell.

Also using the form is highly appreciated.
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby Dublanous1 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:38 pm

archives by step-by-step how the game went.

Postby jpcloet on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:33 pm

I believe there have been several "Replay" suggestions, even a visual one as well.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

game log

Postby H-man on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:06 am

PLACE A CONCISE DESCRIPTION OF THE SUGGESTION OR BUG IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Concise Discription:
  • When a player tries to assualt, but fails, there is nothing that says that in the game log

Specifics:
  • Maybe we could say something like: player x tried to assualt x from y but failed...

• The specifiction of the game log
Cadet H-man

Re: game log

Postby 4myGod on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 am

this is on the to do list already with some log 2.0
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod

Postby soundman on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:04 am

I think this would just clutter the log too much and there's no real need for it. Espesially in games where it's like 50 v. 40 and the 50 can't take the 40, that would be a long log of just X tried to assault Y and failed, X tried to assault Y and failed, X tried .....
Lieutenant soundman

Postby H-man on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:39 am

ok, no I mean just once, 50 vs 40, failed, so it says: x tried to assualt y and failed
Cadet H-man

Postby slowreactor on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:25 am

soundman wrote:I think this would just clutter the log too much and there's no real need for it. Espesially in games where it's like 50 v. 40 and the 50 can't take the 40, that would be a long log of just X tried to assault Y and failed, X tried to assault Y and failed, X tried .....

You're kidding, right? Do you know how many times I have accused someone of hitting my stack and them saying they only attacked a 1? Then who ACTUALLY hit my stack? I WANNA KNOW AND GET REVENGE ON THAT GUY!!!!!
Colonel slowreactor

Postby H-man on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:49 am

er..does that mean that you're in favour of the suggestion?
Cadet H-man

Postby slowreactor on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:32 pm

H-man wrote:er..does that mean that you're in favour of the suggestion?

Very much so. I've been meaning to suggest this exact same thing, but I never got around to it.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby Dublanous1 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Well they should make it happen whether or not someone suggested it before!

Postby 4myGod on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Game Log 2.0 will be doing this exact thing that you want. If you want to look just to make sure, here are the details:

viewtopic.php?p=19837
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod

Postby sully800 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:44 pm

It is not possible right now because there is a lot of info that is not recorded in the game log. Namely, the starting positions of each player, partial attacks against a country, and failed attacks. Without this information, it is not possible to replay the game. However storing all that info causes a problem because it would be a ton of additional information. Several ideas/solutions have been tossed around over the years, but I think this suggestion will always be low priority.
Major sully800

Suggestion: More detailed game logs

Postby multilis on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:19 pm

More detailed game logs, visible at least at end of game

Specifics:
    Attacks in detailed logs including number of armies on each side

3rd parties looking at games to see if suspicious play, such as throwing games

Reduces edge of those who have time to log in many times a day compared to those who log in when only their turn in knowing what others are doing.

(I noticed others seem to want ability to see more in logs from other thread, and wasn't able to find suggestion in this thread by browsing several pages and searching for keyword "log", maybe I am blind)
Private 1st Class multilis

Re: Suggestion: More detailed game logs

Postby riodeishere on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:25 pm

first of all, CC wants to encourage multiple loggins (active players) for ovious reasons.
secondly the current game log does not include failed attacks, would ur log? if not the number wouldn't add up!
storing anyextra data per game will need storage, and with over 6million games in 3 years, thats alot of storage (high costs)!
but all in all i'd like the improved logs but doubt they'll ever happen,(if were lucky it might be on lack to-do list)
Ps: also i'm sure this has been suggested before, and lack is aware that the game log can to improved.
peace and love riodeishere (sorry i'm being negative)
Captain riodeishere

Re: Suggestion: More detailed game logs

Postby multilis on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:17 pm

riodeishere wrote:secondly the current game log does not include failed attacks, would ur log? if not the number wouldn't add up!
storing anyextra data per game will need storage, and with over 6million games in 3 years, thats alot of storage (high costs)!
b...

"would ur log?" -> probably yes.

Detailed logs are mainly useful for a month (or even week) rather than 3 years.
Private 1st Class multilis

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions