Game Labels

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Would you like to see labels on Private Games?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes : 31

Re: When starting a new game: A comment Box

Postby agentcom on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 pm

IcePack wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:The negatives against a comment box (or a private game label) is that it'd probably add to C&A policing or more coding (such as a disciplinary tool to restrict people from using it if they use it for bigotry or flaming, etc.

I like the idea of in general, but as April Fools admin menu has shown (or the old Feedback system, or game chats or forum posts), if you give people an area to type things, it usually adds to the overall policing that has to be done.

--Andy

So create a check box that indicates the game starter is looking for an RT game and place the tag where the labels are currently.

Preface: As I indicated earlier, I don't really care if this idea goes through. But if it does ....

I think it should just be an open text field. I imagine people will come up with plenty of uses for it (beyond abuse, discussed below). For example, I'd bet you'd see "Majors or above only, please" or "Please teach me this map" or "I dare you ..." or plenty of other things that imaginative players could come up with. Don't limit the tool just because there might be some problems with it.

AndyDufresne wrote:The negatives against a comment box (or a private game label) is that it'd probably add to C&A policing or more coding (such as a disciplinary tool to restrict people from using it if they use it for bigotry or flaming, etc.

I like the idea of in general, but as April Fools admin menu has shown (or the old Feedback system, or game chats or forum posts), if you give people an area to type things, it usually adds to the overall policing that has to be done.

--Andy

Andy, I don't know the details about what you're talking about with April Fools, but I would imagine that those users did not know that whatever they typed in would then be publicly posted at the bottom of the page. I don't see this as as much of a risk for a game label box that everyone knows will be seen by everyone.

People who use this feature to abuse can be dealt with through the existing punishment mechanisms. I don't think it will be overly taxing on the C&A mods to simply apply the same rules that they apply in other forms of communication that can be used for abuse, whether they are forums, live chat, game chat, PM and wall.

Sure, some of that communication can be stopped (e.g. a forum ban), but other forms we just rely on the admins to warn or boot players who cross the line. So, I'm not sure that there is a reason that technical measures (like a Game Label Box ban) would be necessary to implement this suggestion.

99.999% (maybe more?) of users will never use this for inflammatory purposes. No need to curtail the suggestion on account of such an small minority of users.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 pm

I agree with everything that agentcom said.

We give people threads, PMs, and gamechat to type in. I don't think a label is much more.
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Cherry pepsi? on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 pm

IcePack wrote:

--Andy

So create a check box that indicates the game starter is looking for an RT game and place the tag where the labels are currently.

You're brilliant.
Sergeant 1st Class Cherry pepsi?

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 pm

I remember seeing threads like this before, and the reasons they were rejected were the same reasons people want them implemented:

1) Advertising RT games - the site has no incentive to make a premium-only feature more accessible to non-paying members.
2) "Majors and above only", etc - this has been suggested and rejected as a feature, as adding limits on public games could make it less appealing to new members. There's a callouts forum for that.
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby chapcrap on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:21 pm

I still like this option. :)

I think this option would be great.
Major chapcrap

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby IcePack on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:33 pm

chapcrap wrote:I still like this option. :)

I think this option would be great.

+1
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
Captain IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 100
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Postby perchorin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:I remember seeing threads like this before, and the reasons they were rejected were the same reasons people want them implemented:

1) Advertising RT games - the site has no incentive to make a premium-only feature more accessible to non-paying members.
2) "Majors and above only", etc - this has been suggested and rejected as a feature, as adding limits on public games could make it less appealing to new members. There's a callouts forum for that.

I have to agree with the monkey here.
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Medals: 119
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (28) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (1)

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:06 am

perchorin wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:I remember seeing threads like this before, and the reasons they were rejected were the same reasons people want them implemented:

I have to agree with the monkey here.

The site has always had a compromise with these types of things. It has refused to hardwire it: by (1) having speeders as a premium perk and (2) rejecting the idea of setting point restrictions on your games, respectively. But it has allowed RT callouts in LC and rank-based callout threads in the forum. This would just be moving a little bit along that compromise. Whether a move in that direction is a good thing or a bad thing is up for debate. I think this one will ultimately be decided on by the admin/ownership based on these factors. But as I mentioned previously, there are plenty of other useful things that this text description could do ... limited only by the imagination of the users.

If this does get moved to rejected, I promise you that an authoritative reason will be provided this time, and (if we remember to) we'll post that explanation in the similar (premium only) thread that was linked to previously.

Note to self/other mods: Let's edit the OPs to link both suggestions. I would do it, but I don't have time to read the other thread right now.
Colonel agentcom

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am

I can see a comment box adding more work to Volunteers (perhaps the C&A Team), and I am not sure that is a good idea. It is a tough trade off.

--Andy
Sergeant AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I can see a comment box adding more work to Volunteers (perhaps the C&A Team), and I am not sure that is a good idea. It is a tough trade off.

--Andy

Is there an echo in here?

agentcom wrote:
IcePack wrote:

--Andy

Preface: As I indicated earlier, I don't really care if this idea goes through. But if it does ....

I think it should just be an open text field. I imagine people will come up with plenty of uses for it (beyond abuse, discussed below). For example, I'd bet you'd see "Majors or above only, please" or "Please teach me this map" or "I dare you ..." or plenty of other things that imaginative players could come up with. Don't limit the tool just because there might be some problems with it.

--Andy

Andy, I don't know the details about what you're talking about with April Fools, but I would imagine that those users did not know that whatever they typed in would then be publicly posted at the bottom of the page. I don't see this as as much of a risk for a game label box that everyone knows will be seen by everyone.

People who use this feature to abuse can be dealt with through the existing punishment mechanisms. I don't think it will be overly taxing on the C&A mods to simply apply the same rules that they apply in other forms of communication that can be used for abuse, whether they are forums, live chat, game chat, PM and wall.

Sure, some of that communication can be stopped (e.g. a forum ban), but other forms we just rely on the admins to warn or boot players who cross the line. So, I'm not sure that there is a reason that technical measures (like a Game Label Box ban) would be necessary to implement this suggestion.

99.999% (maybe more?) of users will never use this for inflammatory purposes. No need to curtail the suggestion on account of such an small minority of users.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:37 pm

There should be a button similar to the "report a PM" button
penis
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

comment section for game start?

Postby srcub on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:31 am

Just wondering bout a lil comment section when you start a game to potentially thin out candidates a bit......ie......"high rank battle only" or simply "no leavers/suiciders" or whatever someone chooses to write.

Whadoyatink?

Written with full respect and Regard for da Conquer Club....

srcub
Sergeant 1st Class srcub

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)

Re: comment section for game start?

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:37 am

srcub wrote:Just wondering bout a lil comment section when you start a game to potentially thin out candidates a bit......ie......"high rank battle only" or simply "no leavers/suiciders" or whatever someone chooses to write.

Do you think that people would generally respect these requests? If I were someone with a generally poor attitude such that suiciding was a common tactic for me, I do not think I would particularly care about your request for me not to join your game.

As for requesting that only high ranked players join games -- if people did actually respect these requests, then we would be implementing the rank filter that has been rejected many times over.

I am open to the idea, but not convinced of its effectiveness or general usefulness. I could see it being useful if you wanted to advertise a game with, say, no diplomacy allowed in game chat. Obviously if someone violated your request we would not penalize them, but at least you would know to foe them.

Then next time, stick to the form please :)
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby GeneralRisk on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 am

srcub wrote:Just wondering bout a lil comment section when you start a game to potentially thin out candidates a bit......ie......"high rank battle only" or simply "no leavers/suiciders" or whatever someone chooses to write.

Whadoyatink?

srcub

See these 2 links: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182828 http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164719.....Apparently the site is not interested in the slow death of the Speed game area. If I was the owner of this site, I would demand these changes take place immediately. That said, I do not own the site and maybe el jefe is wealthy and don't care about money.
Major GeneralRisk

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:12 pm

I'll be merging some stuff shortly...

GeneralRisk wrote:

Whadoyatink?

srcub

See these 2 links: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182828 https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164719.....Apparently the site is not interested in the slow death of the Speed game area. If I was the owner of this site, I would demand these changes take place immediately. That said, I do not own the site and maybe el jefe is wealthy and don't care about money.

Neither of those threads have anything do with this suggestion.
Major chapcrap

Postby GeneralRisk on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:13 pm

chapcrap wrote:I'll be merging some stuff shortly...

GeneralRisk wrote:

Whadoyatink?

srcub

See these 2 links: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182828 https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164719.....Apparently the site is not interested in the slow death of the Speed game area. If I was the owner of this site, I would demand these changes take place immediately. That said, I do not own the site and maybe el jefe is wealthy and don't care about money.

Neither of those threads have anything do with this suggestion.
Put down crack pipe and look again tommorrow
Major GeneralRisk

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Game Labels [Poll]

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 pm

MERGED 7-8 threads. All of them were wanting the ability to create game labels.

GR, improvements for speed games is not the same as having a game label.
Major chapcrap

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:20 am

chapcrap wrote:MERGED 7-8 threads. All of them were wanting the ability to create game labels.

GR, improvements for speed games is not the same as having a game label.

EDITED OP.
Major chapcrap

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:18 pm

we already have this
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:20 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:we already have this

No we do not.
Major chapcrap

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:35 pm

chapcrap wrote:

No we do not.

Wow. How did I not notice? I often add labels to my private games but I just went back and checked and none of the labels are there. WTF?
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:41 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

No we do not.

Wow. How did I not notice? I often add labels to my private games but I just went back and checked and none of the labels are there. WTF?

:lol:
Major chapcrap

Postby darth emperor on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:07 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

No we do not.

Maybe, you confused labels, with password. Because when you write a password, it doesn't appear encrypted. Also, with invitations, you don't have to give the pass, so it would be normal that you though that that was labels.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Just giving this a little bump because we're talking about something similar here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=198111
Major chapcrap

Postby Armandolas on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:52 pm

nice bump
Please add a comment on my new map:
Brigadier Armandolas

Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (22)

PreviousNext

Return to Submitted Suggestions