[Site] Move most recent forum posts to the home page.

This forum is a storehouse for all Finalized Suggestions to be periodically reviewed during Feature Updates.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Move most recent forum posts to the home page.

Postby blakebowling on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:19 am

I wouldn't be opposed to this, however I wouldn't use it myself.

I'm definitely interested in getting the community opinion on this.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby nicestash on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:52 am

Be sure to make sure the Latest Forum Posts are hyperlinks to their threads. I'm sure that was part of your plan, but I'm just making sure
Major nicestash

Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:33 am

nicestash wrote:Be sure to make sure the Latest Forum Posts are hyperlinks to their threads. I'm sure that was part of your plan, but I'm just making sure

It was.

When ever I poke around the forums, I see the same old faces in there. With 15000 players, only a fraction go into the forums. This should give them a bump in popularity. As I said in the OP, we all came for the game we love, but the site offers so much more and a lot of us stay for that. It should also give a bump in forum posts for a lot of the smaller forums like suggestions and foundry. Someone with a question in Q&A should get an answer quicker.
blakebowling wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to this, however I wouldn't use it myself.

I'm definitely interested in getting the community opinion on this.

You may not use it, but it is something a lot of people would, and I can guarantee, a lot of people would probably end up scanning the thread titles when logging in including yourself. You may not use it but if a title is interesting to you, you probably would.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby agentcom on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Koontz, I think that picture looks pretty, and I can see the benefit. I also agree with your last that pretty much everyone would at least briefly scan the post titles as they logged in. And maybe some of those folks click through, even the ones who don't think they would.

I think I would get a lot more use out of seeing the forum titles than I do out of seeing the facebook/twitter posts.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 am

agentcom wrote:I think I would get a lot more use out of seeing the forum titles than I do out of seeing the facebook/twitter posts.

This always bugged me about the twitter/facebook sections. Not only are they rarely used so the same thing can be up for a long time. Right now and on the screen shot I took, it shows the 6th Feb middle of the week posting for facebook. Both show the same thing 90% of the time anyway so why have both. We have more than enough room to put facebook and twitter on top of each other and have the threads run down the side.

When you look at the home page, what is it really, just a big advertisement for the site. Right now, when people log on, they see something that is not being utilised. Headline from the 7th of Feb. Facebook from the 6th of Feb. Twitter is a little better now but even that is 3 or 4 days old now. But it could and should be showing a thriving community, constantly changing. We are a diverse community and proud of it.

Lastly, I know this is not a sexy medal or gameplay option suggestion, but we have loads of them already. :P

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby IcePack on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:43 pm

blakebowling wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to this, however I wouldn't use it myself.

+1
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
Sergeant 1st Class IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Postby rishaed on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 pm

I would like it :) there are quite a few sections of the forums to enjoy and respond to!
I had been off this site for awhile, b/c of crappy internet whatnot, and found that I could enjoy more of the forums, even when I didn't play as many games, 1/2 instead of a full 4. It helps draw people in and that's something good for people as well.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:02 pm

*Bump* I think this is a really great idea!!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Kickass Torrents have this feature on the right side of every page and i have spotted threads i've found interesting and clicked for a read.

a similar feature here on the homepage would add more to the site than a twitter feed.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:48 pm

rishaed wrote:I would like it :) there are quite a few sections of the forums to enjoy and respond to!

And others you may not, but this would at least open your eyes to some threads. And places you may not go to normanly, could end up being a second home.
isaiah40 wrote:*Bump* I think this is a really great idea!!!

Thanks for the bump. ;)
greenoaks wrote:Kickass Torrents have this feature on the right side of every page and i have spotted threads i've found interesting and clicked for a read.

a similar feature here on the homepage would add more to the site than a twitter feed.

My point exactly.

As I said before, this is not the sexiest idea in the world, but it is one that I believe (and others to) would benefit the sites forums greatly, thus ensuring the site offers more than just regular games. A knock on effect would be player retention (IMHO) as freeium players waiting to play a game will may hang out in the forums instead of going to another site. O:)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:48 am

SoC Training Grounds
Map Foundry
Suggestions
Strategy
GD
Callouts

Maybe:
Announcements
Tournaments
Q&A
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:37 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:SoC Training Grounds
Map Foundry
Suggestions
Strategy
GD
Callouts

Maybe:
Announcements
Tournaments
Q&A

All of those with clans. In fact, the only ones I would leave out are -
Whose Forum Is It Anyway, Cheating & Abuse Reports, Bug Reports, International forums. Not that there is anything wrong with those ones. ;)

Postby agentcom on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:07 am

Koontz, I'd go one farther than you and include the Off topics. If the idea is to show the full array of what CC has to offer, I think those are maybe the most important to include. I definitely agree with leaving out C&A and bugs, though. No need to put our dirty laundry on the homepage :)
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:57 am

agentcom wrote:Koontz, I'd go one farther than you and include the Off topics. If the idea is to show the full array of what CC has to offer, I think those are maybe the most important to include. I definitely agree with leaving out C&A and bugs, though. No need to put our dirty laundry on the homepage :)

I thought about it and went against it after reading some thread titles but having another look at it now, I cannot see anything too outrageous. Added to the list.

• SoC Training Grounds
  • Map Foundry
  • Suggestions
  • Strategy
  • GD
  • Callouts
  • Announcements
  • Tournaments
  • Q&A
  • Whose Forum Is It Anyway

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:01 am

blakebowling wrote:I'm definitely interested in getting the community opinion on this.

The community seems to like it. ;)

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:42 pm

I am all for this idea!

So +1mil to the power of infinite!!!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Time for the old bumping thread time guys.Image

Postby Foxglove on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:43 pm

I like this idea. :)

Having frequently updated front page content will also give the (correct!) impression that CC is a full, active community.
General Foxglove
Head Thinker
Head Thinker

Medals: 61
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (12)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Postby Armandolas on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:05 am

+1
Many people are scared by the forums.
Maybe if we get them to see a glimpse of it every time they login,than maybe they will start to get more interested and familiar with it
Please add a comment on my new map:
Colonel Armandolas

Medals: 92
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (24)

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:21 am

Foxglove wrote:I like this idea. :)

Having frequently updated front page content will also give the (correct!) impression that CC is a full, active community.

Armandolas wrote:+1
Many people are scared by the forums.
Maybe if we get them to see a glimpse of it every time they login,than maybe they will start to get more interested and familiar with it

Cheers guys. Does anyone have any problems with this one or any suggestions?

Postby TeeGee on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:08 am

Great idea koontz

I would like to see this one :)
Captain TeeGee
Head Global Moderator
Head Global Moderator

Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (7)

Postby Gilligan on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:46 pm

I like this too!
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 200
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Postby chapcrap on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:23 pm

[i]STICKIED

I only see upside to this. I'm not sure if there is any plan to remake the home page into anything specific, but it would be good to probably have bigWham and/or blakebowling have a comment in here.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby blakebowling on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:58 am

chapcrap wrote:[i]STICKIED

I only see upside to this. I'm not sure if there is any plan to remake the home page into anything specific, but it would be good to probably have bigWham and/or blakebowling have a comment in here.

There is a plan to remake the homepage, however the details haven't yet been finalized. I will bring this up when we talk about the new homepage.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:43 am

blakebowling wrote:
chapcrap wrote:[i]STICKIED

There is a plan to remake the homepage, however the details haven't yet been finalized. I will bring this up when we talk about the new homepage.

Thanks blake, that is all that I can ask.

Next

Return to Submitted Suggestions