Conquer Club

Allow for a custom number of chained reinforcement movements

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: More Reinforcement Options

Postby Flavordice on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:58 am

I realize now that Unlimited Adjacent reinforcements would be hard to code. I don't see any issues with the Custom Number of Chained Reinforcements though.

I'll take my suggestion to that thread.

Thanks.
User avatar
Captain Flavordice
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:16 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Increasing the customization of end of turn fortifications

Postby Cosmical on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:27 am

Concise description:
  • Currently, there is one way to customize end of turn reinforcing. I suggest that, instead, a second line be added to the game making list that customizes the number of times you can do reinforcing at the end of your turn. The first line would contain adjacent, chained, parachute, and none. The second line would contain an entry spot for number of times you can do that type of reinforcing including unlimited.

Specifics/Details:
  • In short, there should be a category that determines the type of reinforcing(adjacent, chained, parachute, or none), and a category that determines number of times that you can reinforce(1,2,3,...10,...unlimited)
  • Currently, the only way to make a game that grants more than one reinforcement action is to play unlimited, and that limits us to only playing in a chained manner. I realize that playing an unlimited parachute game is slightly ridiculous, but I have a feeling other people will feel that way too and it will not be a game type that anyone will set up. However, I have an interest in playing a game in which I could have 2 parachute reinforcements at the end of my turn.
  • Adjacent seems to me to be a very unpopular type of reinforcing. I think that adjacent could be a much more popular type if we were allowed to increase the number of actions. Being able to reinforce 4 adjacent times keeps the manner of reinforcing fairly restrictive as the type adjacent should do while opening it up to being more useful if desired.
  • Chained style reinforcing would be improved as well by this change. At the moment, we have a choice between one chained reinforcement and unlimited chained. What about all the numbers in between 1 and infinity?

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • I feel that this small change will make end of turn reinforcing much more specific to maps. A lot of maps are pretty large and require more than one reinforcement action at the end of your turn. Unlimited makes armies far too fluid however, and drastically changes the game. Allowing more specific customization of number of actions will drastically improve gameplay.
Last edited by Cosmical on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Corporal Cosmical
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby ForWorldPeace on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:33 am

+1
This is a good idea.
Corporal ForWorldPeace
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby Cosmical on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:51 pm

Bump. Nothing? No one has anything to say??
User avatar
Corporal Cosmical
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Cosmical wrote:

Cosmical wrote:Bump. Nothing? No one has anything to say??

probably not, because it is a horrible idea... kind of takes away a lot of the strategy/gameplay that goes into these settings... multiple adjacent/chained settings? how about just learning how to deploy, move your troops popular and not over attack? i play chained and rarely move troops at the end of a turn, because i think through my moves... oh, i forgot, most people use add/ons and such and don't really get the nuances of this game anymore on this site... maybe you should just suggest making an add/on that tells you how to move your troops at the end of your turn for the best possible results/outcome... *eyes rolling*... sorry, just a bad idea... let's add more bells and whistles onto a site that already has TOO MANY...-el Jesus negro
Image
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class owenshooter
 
Posts: 10301
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby Cosmical on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Holy Moly dude. That attitude is why discussing things on the internet is so difficult. All of what you said could have been said much more nicely.

"kind of takes away a lot of the strategy/gameplay that goes into these settings"

It takes absolutely nothing away. It gives more options. If you don't like the options, here's a novel idea: don't play games with those settings! Increasing customization and choice is hardly ever a bad thing....

As for questioning my ability to plan accordingly, back the hell off. I am actually quite good at that.
User avatar
Corporal Cosmical
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Increasing horrible game play options on CC

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Cosmical wrote:It takes absolutely nothing away. It gives more options. If you don't like the options, here's a novel idea: don't play games with those settings! Increasing customization and choice is hardly ever a bad thing....

funny statement... most people around here think that the increase in options and gameplay have diluted the site and caused the membership to plummet from over 20K to under 10K this summer (9,740)... increasing the game options at this point in time does not seem at all wise for CC to do... aside from that, your idea is just a bad one at that...-el Jesus negro


Cosmical wrote:
Image
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class owenshooter
 
Posts: 10301
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby Cosmical on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Thank you for your civility.

I would be very surprised if increasing the options is actually the reason less people are members. Allowing more different gametypes does not eliminate the games that people used to like. I of course could not say what has decreased the membership of the site, you may be correct.

The main reason I want multiple reinforcements and NOT unlimited reinforcements, is maps like Feudal Epic and other maps with Autodeploy. I would like to make two reinforcements at the end of those turns so that I can more effectively move my troops to the front lines. Allowing for unlimited reinforcements completely eliminates the need to plan ahead and deploy smartly, which I agree with you should absolutely be an important part of a game. Unlimited reinforcing is for dummies.
User avatar
Corporal Cosmical
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Blah, Blah, Blah...

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 pm

i stand corrected.. at the 2:55 mark, they go over all the different types of fortifications possible... parachute, zombie, double adjacent, triple chained, zombie chutes, etc..



you are right... my bad... this wouldn't dilute the number of games like other changes have... this suggestion would make the site closer to RISK...-el Jesus negro
Image
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class owenshooter
 
Posts: 10301
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:49 pm

It is an excellent idea. It's annoying that there is currently no middle ground between the extremes of Unlimited and the various single-fort option. Having something like a "fort 3X" option would create the possibility of some intermediate options.
User avatar
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 13226
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 150
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (23)
General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (12)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Some other website started by CC members has had this since day 1.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class DoomYoshi
 
Posts: 5534
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Dukasaur wrote:It is an excellent idea. It's annoying that there is currently no middle ground between the extremes of Unlimited and the various single-fort option. Having something like a "fort 3X" option would create the possibility of some intermediate options.

you seem to have this mindset to keep adding and adding and adding... i don't see how you can't see that this waters down the true RISK aspect of the site and continues to lead to people just leaving... i don't think options like this are worth implementing and most of the new forts that have been seem to have helped lead people away in droves... hey, team CC knows best... let's keep watering down the RISK on the site, it might make RISK fanatics return in the numbers we once had (over 20K)... kind of funny how we had 22K members when we had fewer options and the game was closer to RISK... the more we add, the more we water down, the further we get from RISK, the fewer people remain... just a bad idea in my opinion...-eJn
Image
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class owenshooter
 
Posts: 10301
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby Cosmical on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I just don't understand the logic. You can still play the same way now as when there was 22k members. Create games that are the style you enjoy and foster a group of people that like that style.
What if they left because there were not enough options, or the options that people prefer were being offered on other RISK sites?
If this site offers the same gameplay options as every other site out there and delivers a quality site....shouldn't they all come back?
Being exclusionary and deciding that some gameplay options are not worthwhile certainly is not going to win anyone back.
User avatar
Corporal Cosmical
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:06 am

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:It is an excellent idea. It's annoying that there is currently no middle ground between the extremes of Unlimited and the various single-fort option. Having something like a "fort 3X" option would create the possibility of some intermediate options.

you seem to have this mindset to keep adding and adding and adding... i don't see how you can't see that this waters down the true RISK aspect of the site and continues to lead to people just leaving... i don't think options like this are worth implementing and most of the new forts that have been seem to have helped lead people away in droves... hey, team CC knows best... let's keep watering down the RISK on the site, it might make RISK fanatics return in the numbers we once had (over 20K)... kind of funny how we had 22K members when we had fewer options and the game was closer to RISK... the more we add, the more we water down, the further we get from RISK, the fewer people remain... just a bad idea in my opinion...-eJn

Yeah, we HAD 22K members, and they soon got bored and left, because at its core, RISK is a pretty dumb and simplistic game. If it was an interesting and absorbing game, they would still be here. The people who are still here are here because they found maps and settings that they found more interesting than the original game.

Cosmical wrote:I just don't understand the logic. You can still play the same way now as when there was 22k members. Create games that are the style you enjoy and foster a group of people that like that style.
What if they left because there were not enough options, or the options that people prefer were being offered on other RISK sites?
If this site offers the same gameplay options as every other site out there and delivers a quality site....shouldn't they all come back?
Being exclusionary and deciding that some gameplay options are not worthwhile certainly is not going to win anyone back.

Well said! Anyone who wants to play a game on Classic with the original settings is welcome to do so. In fact, many such games are played. People who enjoy them are not in any way harmed by those who prefer something else.

When Baskin-Robbins adds Nutmeg-and-Cloves ice cream to its menu, it's not in any way hurting the little old ladies who still want vanilla.
User avatar
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 13226
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 150
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (23)
General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (12)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:50 am

I'd probably play a game with 'x' number of reinforcements. I like it.


--Andy
User avatar
Sergeant AndyDufresne
 
Posts: 26153
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby clangfield on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:29 am

Cosmical wrote:Thank you for your civility.

I would be very surprised if increasing the options is actually the reason less people are members. Allowing more different gametypes does not eliminate the games that people used to like. I of course could not say what has decreased the membership of the site, you may be correct.

The main reason I want multiple reinforcements and NOT unlimited reinforcements, is maps like Feudal Epic and other maps with Autodeploy. I would like to make two reinforcements at the end of those turns so that I can more effectively move my troops to the front lines. Allowing for unlimited reinforcements completely eliminates the need to plan ahead and deploy smartly, which I agree with you should absolutely be an important part of a game. Unlimited reinforcing is for dummies.


Unlimited is also for those with a dodgy mouse, dodgy eyesight or a dodgy connection who find themselves fortifying to the wrong place and having to move troops back. I don't play anything else, for those reasons.
It's not better or worse, just different - the same as Trench, Fog and the other options. One still has to deploy smartly, just differently, and for different reasons. It matters more whether one's troops are in contiguous regions.
You may find that people leave the site in part due to the scorn poured on them by the 'purists' for the way they like to play the game.
Sergeant 1st Class clangfield
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:57 am
Location: Kent, UK
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Dukasaur wrote:When Baskin-Robbins adds Nutmeg-and-Cloves ice cream to its menu, it's not in any way hurting the little old ladies who still want vanilla.

kind of funny that a member of Team CC uses a Baskin Robbins reference... one of the greatest chains currently in decline that has been mounting a comeback for quite some time... sound familiar? i hope team CC isn't using Baskin Robbins as a rallying cry or template... GREAT ARGUMENT there... ha!!! i'm sorry, but the watered down gaming aspect of this site is a huge part of the issue going on around here and adding more bogus options is not the way to bring people back... oh, hang on... i see a windmill over the horizon!!! *cough*...-el Jesus negro

p.s.-article on BR's decline: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... a-comeback
of note, they are on a huge comeback!!! they added their first 4 stores since 2006... since 2 thousand and Six... ha!!! way to use the most appropriate reference ever!
Image
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class owenshooter
 
Posts: 10301
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:When Baskin-Robbins adds Nutmeg-and-Cloves ice cream to its menu, it's not in any way hurting the little old ladies who still want vanilla.

kind of funny that a member of Team CC uses a Baskin Robbins reference... one of the greatest chains currently in decline that has been mounting a comeback for quite some time... sound familiar? i hope team CC isn't using Baskin Robbins as a rallying cry or template... GREAT ARGUMENT there... ha!!! i'm sorry, but the watered down gaming aspect of this site is a huge part of the issue going on around here and adding more bogus options is not the way to bring people back... oh, hang on... i see a windmill over the horizon!!! *cough*...-el Jesus negro

p.s.-article on BR's decline: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... a-comeback
of note, they are on a huge comeback!!! they added their first 4 stores since 2006... since 2 thousand and Six... ha!!! way to use the most appropriate reference ever!

If you ever come to Niagara Falls, look me up and we'll go for a cone...:D
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 13226
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 150
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (23)
General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (12)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:30 pm

This thread is now about ice cream.

Dairy Queen > Baskin Robins
S'mores ice cream > nutmeg and cloves
Image
the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness! Armies will lay down their weapons to be taken into our numbers or die and lose their souls. What will you decide?
User avatar
Captain IcePack
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director
 
Posts: 7521
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 110
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (15)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby Cosmical on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:00 pm

At least my thread got hijacked by a delicious treat! It could be worse.

clangfield: you are correct. Unlimited is not just for dummies. I rarely play any games on my phone except for unlimited games. All others I only play on my laptop. And I do enjoy unlimited! I would like to see the option of determining the number of fortifications for yourself. 0, 1, and unlimited are good choices but I think being able to choose x forts would be cool.
User avatar
Corporal Cosmical
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:27 am

Let's add more complicated features in order to amuse a few of the current members who overall will still drop out.

At this point, it doesn't matter what CC wastes their resources on.
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Increasing the customization of end of turn reinforcing

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:40 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Let's add more complicated features in order to amuse a few of the current members who overall will still drop out.

At this point, it doesn't matter what CC wastes their resources on.


EXACTLY!!!! "if we can just add one feature for each of our less than 10K remaining members, they will all stay!!!" just makes no sense to keep diluting the game of RISK down to how far they have diluted it. last night i found a ton of new features on the site i had never seen before and had not seen announced.... i find it even more hilarious that the things they are spending their time and effort and free labor force on, they don't even announce!!! what is the point?! it is like there is a "ghost site" for the uber nerds and a site for the rest of us... sigh...-el Jesus negro
Image
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class owenshooter
 
Posts: 10301
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Deep in the Heart of Tx
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Cosmical on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:41 pm

I agree too! This is a website built for entertainment and there are certain features that would be entertaining. So why not do it? Because you're pessimistic. That is what you are telling me. Great reasoning.

I'm going to walk the other road, I'm going to be optimistic that this site still has 10,000 people playing and that we can have a damn good time without the 10,000 people that left. I'm going to make suggestions that will hopefully improve the game further for those that are here. You may see this site as a dead corpse. I see it as a wonderful site with fellow people that love RISK.

Your views that this site doesn't need anymore bells and whistles has been heard.
User avatar
Corporal Cosmical
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Cosmical wrote:I agree too! This is a website built for entertainment and there are certain features that would be entertaining. So why not do it? Because you're pessimistic. That is what you are telling me. Great reasoning.

I'm going to walk the other road, I'm going to be optimistic that this site still has 10,000 people playing and that we can have a damn good time without the 10,000 people that left. I'm going to make suggestions that will hopefully improve the game further for those that are here. You may see this site as a dead corpse. I see it as a wonderful site with fellow people that love RISK.

Your views that this site doesn't need anymore bells and whistles has been heard.


I was optimistic by encouraging debates about what would actually fix the problems with the site. That information is available. After much debate, I haven't become pessimistic; I've become realistic.

Suggestions such as yours have a negligibly beneficial impact but waste resources and our time. There's more important issues, which the CC admins have tried and seemingly have continuously failed to address. Obviously, this place is in the Great Decline; that's a fact. Adding another reinforcement option wouldn't correct the problem. You disagree because you're blind to the reality and are also highly self-interested in seeing your feature get passed--while the costs get passed onto everyone else. People like you need to be constantly reminded of this, which is why people like me won't simply shut up.
User avatar
Major BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Re:

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:48 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Cosmical wrote:I agree too! This is a website built for entertainment and there are certain features that would be entertaining. So why not do it? Because you're pessimistic. That is what you are telling me. Great reasoning.

I'm going to walk the other road, I'm going to be optimistic that this site still has 10,000 people playing and that we can have a damn good time without the 10,000 people that left. I'm going to make suggestions that will hopefully improve the game further for those that are here. You may see this site as a dead corpse. I see it as a wonderful site with fellow people that love RISK.

Your views that this site doesn't need anymore bells and whistles has been heard.


I was optimistic by encouraging debates about what would actually fix the problems with the site. That information is available. After much debate, I haven't become pessimistic; I've become realistic.

Suggestions such as yours have a negligibly beneficial impact but waste resources and our time. There's more important issues, which the CC admins have tried and seemingly have continuously failed to address. Obviously, this place is in the Great Decline; that's a fact. Adding another reinforcement option wouldn't correct the problem. You disagree because you're blind to the reality and are also highly self-interested in seeing your feature get passed--while the costs get passed onto everyone else. People like you need to be constantly reminded of this, which is why people like me won't simply shut up.

The "more important issues" are being addressed. I'm not as pessimistic as you about those, but I won't address that here since I've addressed it quite extensively in other places.

But there's no reason why we can't have small incremental improvements to the basic game even while we know that those alone won't fix what ails the site. To say that another reinforcement option won't save the site and therefore should be avoided, is a bit like saying that brushing your teeth won't cure liver cancer and therefore you should stop brushing your teeth while you wait for your surgery. In fact, the opposite is true: people who continue to try to improve their lives in small ways while waiting for life-saving surgery are the ones who are more likely to pull through. Giving up and saying "none of this matters anyway" becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.
User avatar
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 13226
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 150
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (23)
General Achievement (17) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (12)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login